ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Is anyone doing that ukcat live seminar thingy? I have mine in 10 mins
    what is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Doesn't the book only have 600?

I really haven't done much at all :emo:
    Don't be silly, it isn't called the 9999 UKCAT Questions Book if it only has 600 questions in it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And get cracking den. Tbf, I've done no UKCAT or PS, and just the BMAT spec paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    I'm thinking of stalking you at the moment. And- Liverpool, Barts, UEA, HYMS- something along those lines.
    Same as me! (Apart from Liverpool = Leicester for me)

ReputationRep:
    Haha I wish, I've hardly done anything. Been working on my PS though.
    Well bet you done more than me that's for sure, all I done is read AR in my school coach :laugh: Oh nice, want to help each other improve/acknowledge personal statements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Don't be silly, it isn't called the 9999 UKCAT Questions Book if it only has 600 questions in it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And get cracking den. Tbf, I've done no UKCAT or PS, and just the BMAT spec paper.
    I lol'd. That's ugly though.

I've literally done nothing for BMAT except go through some pages of the CGP book, UKCAT depresses me. PS is the only thing I've done, gonna go through my 1st draft tomorrow :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    Same as me! (Apart from Liverpool = Leicester for me)
    I wouldn't apply to HYMS. Last I heard, wolverines had devoured many a Hullsman and Yorkman. (Yep, you quoted me before )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    I wouldn't apply to HYMS. Last I heard, wolverines had devoured many a Hullsman and Yorkman. (Yep, you quoted me before )
    fml

I thought it sounded familiar xD this thread is so massive I couldn't remember who I have/haven't quoted.

Well if I get rejected from them I'll take up wolverine-dispatching.

(My apologies)

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd. That's ugly though.

I've literally done nothing for BMAT except go through some pages of the CGP book, UKCAT depresses me. PS is the only thing I've done, gonna go through my 1st draft tomorrow :afraid:
    Some of the sections seem alright on the UKCAT, though my knowledge consists of 6 questions across two sections. I should get round to ordering the book. I really cba to write a first draft, but they want one in before the end of term, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know which Cambridge colleges require a good Section 3 BMAT, and those which take no importance of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Anyone know which Cambridge colleges require a good Section 3 BMAT, and those which take no importance of it?
    Downing don't take much notice of it and I think this is true for a lot of the colleges.
    Even Oxford weight it against the other 2 sections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medtobe)
    what is it?
    http://www.kaptest.co.uk/events/uk-u...t-seminar.aspx

Someone goes through a practice test with you online. Link is above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    Downing don't take much notice of it and I think this is true for a lot of the colleges.
    Even Oxford weight it against the other 2 sections.
    That's great, want to apply to a college which doesn't take much notice of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    From what I've heard, largely they don't care, except that they might reject you on the basis of a weak/very weak performance in it. So get about 2.5-3 and B/A and you should be fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    From what I've heard, largely they don't care, except that they might reject you on the basis of a weak/very weak performance in it. So get about 2.5-3 and B/A and you should be fine...
    Yeah should be fine Straight Up G

ReputationRep:
    Really hate the quantitative Reasoning part of UKCAT,although the questions are not as hard as other sections the time constrainsts ..less than 30 sec per questions how is that possible..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    I really want to go into medicine but our ucas coordinator in our school said to all medical applicants that unless you get 4As at AS basically dont bother applying do you think that is right?
    I do bio maths chemistry and economics
    Hopefully(God willing) I may get 3 As but im scared i got a B in chem AS coz just messed up exam unit 2
    Should I even bother applying if I get 3As and a B in chem even if I get like(hoping my teachers are in a good mood) 2a*s and 2 As predicted..or should i just go 4 something else
    Really scared as whenever i try to revise 4 ukcat or make personal statement keep on getting a nagging feeling whats the point if i dont get the grades my teacher says I need

Would really appreciate anyones opinion and help
    Thats not very fair :/ you could just have one bad exam and your school decides its over, its your choice I applied with AAABC (B in chemistry), I didn't get in but I did get an interview. I think it was mainly my ukcat that kicked me out rather than my grades. Some of them don't care about your AS grades and only take into predicted If your teachers know you and know you should've gotten an A they will probably predict it for you

Don't be too disheartened if you don't get all A's, its not the end of the world... wait until A-level, then feel free to stress more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    Really hate the quantitative Reasoning part of UKCAT,although the questions are not as hard as other sections the time constrainsts ..less than 30 sec per questions how is that possible..
    It is much, much easier in the exam imo.

I got 740 in QR despite hating it when I was revising for the UKCRAP.

ReputationRep:
    I know people, on this forum and in real life, who have got in with 3Bs and an A, or all Bs at AS in the last two years. Leicester, for example, don't care even a little bit about AS, and all grades in general tbh. They just eliminate the bottom 5 % based on GCSEs and UKCAT in their initial screening, and then it's never used again.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.