The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5200
Original post by Quackers93
Thats not very fair :/ you could just have one bad exam and your school decides its over, its your choice :smile: I applied with AAABC (B in chemistry), I didn't get in but I did get an interview. I think it was mainly my ukcat that kicked me out rather than my grades. Some of them don't care about your AS grades and only take into predicted :smile: If your teachers know you and know you should've gotten an A they will probably predict it for you :smile:

Don't be too disheartened if you don't get all A's, its not the end of the world... wait until A-level, then feel free to stress more :tongue:

Which uni did you get an interview at, just curious:smile:
Reply 5201
1) when are peoples ukcats?
2) what gcses did you get?
3) any ideas where you're applying?

xo
Just finished my 1st year at Leicester medical school. If anyone has any questions drop me a line :smile:

Sam
x
Original post by l.a.s

xo

1) August 6th 11AM XD
2) 9 A* 2A BCD
3) UEA, HYMS, Leicester and Barts. :smile: You?

CreaturFear32527381
Just finished my 1st year at Leicester medical school. If anyone has any questions drop me a line

Sam
x

I'm thinking of applying there :biggrin:
What have been the best/worst parts of it?
Has it lived up to your expectations?
What sort of things have you learnt?
How many patients have you seen/what sort of things have you done with them?

Thanks! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5204
Original post by Straight up G
From what I've heard, largely they don't care, except that they might reject you on the basis of a weak/very weak performance in it. So get about 2.5-3 and B/A and you should be fine...

Might want to think a bit bigger than that! Aim for a higher mark, it won't harm your chances!

Since the first 3 years of pre-clinical Cambridge medicine is based 50% on essay writing abilities, if you can demonstrate a proficiency, it will swing the DOS's thoughts into your favour
Original post by l.a.s

xo

Doing my UKCAT in the 17th June August (thanks Normandy114!), day before results day!:tongue:
9A*s and 3As at GCSE
The places I'm thinking of applying are in my sig.. I know theres more than four.. I'm just being prepared incase I flop my UKCAT or just change my mind... :tongue:
But assuming everything goes well my 4 at the moment would be Newcastle, Southampton, Edinburgh and Sheffield :smile:

Hows about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by oHellno
I lol'd. That's ugly though.

I've literally done nothing for BMAT except go through some pages of the CGP book, UKCAT depresses me. PS is the only thing I've done, gonna go through my 1st draft tomorrow :afraid:

I've done nothing for the UKCAT yet doing my PS now, but keep procrastinating.
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Doing my UKCAT in the 17th June, day before results day!:tongue:
9A*s and 3As at GCSE
The places I'm thinking of applying are in my sig.. I know theres more than four.. I'm just being prepared incase I flop my UKCAT or just change my mind... :tongue:
But assuming everything goes well my 4 at the moment would be Newcastle, Southampton, Edinburgh and Sheffield :smile:

Hows about you?

How'd the UKCAT go :colone:
Yeah, I'm trying to shortlist a few lists of four unis, one for if I get a bad UKCAT, one for if I get a decent score, and a third for a really good score, so the plan is however the UKCAT goes I have a plan.
Original post by Normandy114
Yeah, I'm trying to shortlist a few lists of four unis, one for if I get a bad UKCAT, one for if I get a decent score, and a third for a really good score, so the plan is however the UKCAT goes I have a plan.

N'aaw crap... I meant August!! :rolleyes:
Yes.. loving the plans!! :biggrin:
I think I have a plan for every possible circumstance.. although I'll probably add yet more over the next few months :tongue:
Original post by GH
Might want to think a bit bigger than that! Aim for a higher mark, it won't harm your chances!

Since the first 3 years of pre-clinical Cambridge medicine is based 50% on essay writing abilities, if you can demonstrate a proficiency, it will swing the DOS's thoughts into your favour

The last section is out of 5, 2.5A is a pretty decent score, seeing as 2.5B is the average.
Original post by Straight up G
The last section is out of 5, 2.5A is a pretty decent score, seeing as 2.5B is the average.

I'd apply to cambridge if my a/s year went well, sadly, it didn't and a/s = massive difference.

^_^ i don't care about the name, because it means little in medicine, however, i really don't want to get C's at a/s year! i'm applying to ONE bmat uni(not ucloxcam)

^_^ if i get into one of my four choices = over the moon

no such thing as first choice, second choice, third choice, fourth choice, yes, we may prefer some over the other, but they are all top class

thoughts on a uni?
Original post by wrong diagnosis
thoughts on a uni?

Look who's back :wink:
Still narrowing it down, just really ruled out the ones that I would get rejected from, and the ones too far away. Now to look through the course styles and admission processes amongst other things to narrow it down.
Look who's back :wink:
Still narrowing it down, just really ruled out the ones that I would get rejected from, and the ones too far away. Now to look through the course styles and admission processes amongst other things to narrow it down.

same

i've removed the gcse nazi ones, and also the scotland, ireland, whales universities.

i want the ones near me i.e near london....

i don't care about the name:smile:"oh we get it, why repeat". I say this as, i am not applying to 'oxbridge' only because i don't have a high A* percentage, and my a/s year was half bombed by an ilness i had.(don't know why people call it 'oxbridge' as you need to have two very different kinds of applications to get in. gcse for ox, a/s for cam

^_^ not applyng to birmingham as i won't cut it.

does this mean we aren't good enough ,or they are superior? NO! they just look for difference kinds of students,i want a medical school that looks for students with my kind of application
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5214
I'd apply to cambridge if my a/s year went well, sadly, it didn't and a/s = massive difference.

^_^ i don't care about the name, because it means little in medicine, however, i really don't want to get C's at a/s year! i'm applying to ONE bmat uni(not ucloxcam)

^_^ if i get into one of my four choices = over the moon

no such thing as first choice, second choice, third choice, fourth choice, yes, we may prefer some over the other, but they are all top class

Why did you not just say Imperial?
Original post by Nator

unsure man=/

i could go the distance and risk applying to one solely based on the BMAT...but it depends how i feel, what my heart tells me?

:smile: i solidly wish you the best of luck though. any progress?
Reply 5216
unsure man=/

i could go the distance and risk applying to one solely based on the BMAT...but it depends how i feel, what my heart tells me?

:smile: i solidly wish you the best of luck though. any progress?

Thanks, you too :smile: And just reading some PS's to get a feel of the layout, will start writing it maybe in the next week.
Original post by Nator
Thanks, you too :smile: And just reading some PS's to get a feel of the layout, will start writing it maybe in the next week.

quality, all the best mate

lol, atm, i am worried about a health problem. want to get an embarrasing check

Spoiler

but my GP told me they don't want to see me anymore because of

Spoiler

=/ sigh man, shud be doing ukat ect
Original post by Nator

:rolleyes::tongue:
not ucl = no mdf, and doing all science a/s levels and A2

not oxford = 78% A*

not cam = ill this year, bombed my a/s with style