Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    662.5 average. I think I got 720 on DA and 560 for AR :rolleyes:

When I sat mine we got 'real' calculators, with buttons. Not the on screen one they seem to have now. Sorry
    I was given a real calculator last year too. My complaint would have to be the whiteboard which is so clumsy, I would have much prefered pen and paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highopes)
    I know. A friend of mine paid £300 for the 2 day kaplan course last year, got 680, and is off to uni to study med next year. I on the otherhand am dedicating my summer nights to the cause..
    God that's awful if you payed £200 for it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really understand it because I did UKCAT last year (badly, the only study I did was flip through the book on the short journey to the centre - didn't understand the importance of it - that's lack of preparation for you) so had very little idea how to approach AR questions, yet it was like my best score (about 660, which is 73% isn't it? 660/900) so Im guessing that the practice questions must be harder than the real test or I wouldn't have got that score?

I have just downloaded the ones from the site so will have a go. I'm also hoping that revising answers will give one a greater reasoning data base for when trying to work out new patterns..
    That's not the way it works, because of UMS etc.

ReputationRep:
    I was given a real calculator last year too. My complaint would have to be the whiteboard which is so clumsy, I would have much prefered pen and paper
    I think I used mine once to work out a triangular area question

ReputationRep:
    If we are allowed to use the no. keys on the keyboard, then i have no problems with the on-screen calculator xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    That's not the way it works, because of UMS etc.
    Ah, had a feelin that wasn't exactly how it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    I think I used mine once to work out a triangular area question
    calculator or whiteboard? Must be wb as surely you didnt do all those calculations in your head. man I totally ran out of space, both sides full and no cloth provided to wipe it down; on leaving the exam centre I had to be told that I had a black mark on my forehead (wb pen residue from rubbing out with my hand/mopping stress sweat from my brow combo).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    I can do most of the questions on AR from the UKCAT book quickly, but the ones from the ukcat site (the downloadable one) are just really really hard... and for the ones that have like 3 or 4 relationships, i can only figure out 2 or so, and end up getting 2/5 or 3/5 marks for one set >_<
    darn windows vista, downloaded but tests won't run on my laptop,

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone attended the open days of any of this unis: Bristol, Keele, Leicester and Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crowned Temmy)
    Has anyone attended the open days of any of this unis: Bristol, Keele, Leicester and Leeds?
    I went to Leicester

ReputationRep:
    Please can you tell me what the environment looks like, new or old buildings? Are the students friendly? Are there lots of social groups there? Is Leicester a nice place in general? Thanks alot.

ReputationRep:
    Please can you tell me what the environment looks like, new or old buildings? Are the students friendly? Are there lots of social groups there? Is Leicester a nice place in general? Thanks alot.
    I've been

Uuumm the uni itself is a bit of a mix between new and old buildings but the medical school itself is pretty old I'd say.. not ancient old but just not modern (if that made any sense! )

Students seem friendly
    Yup, lots of societies and social groups

Leicester is not massive but is a nice balance between countryside and city, with still enough going on to keep you amused.
    The uni is quite close to the city centre so you can walk or just take a bus which is pretty useful
    I'd say its a nice place (although I live there so may be slightly biased )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    Screw paying more money....i've spent enough money just booking the test, and buying the books >_>
    lol,

Just wait till yo uget to MedSchool, you will be bleeding so much money on books and instant coffee...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    I've been

Uuumm the uni itself is a bit of a mix between new and old buildings but the medical school itself is pretty old I'd say.. not ancient old but just not modern (if that made any sense! )

Students seem friendly
    Yup, lots of societies and social groups

Leicester is not massive but is a nice balance between countryside and city, with still enough going on to keep you amused.
    The uni is quite close to the city centre so you can walk or just take a bus which is pretty useful
    I'd say its a nice place (although I live there so may be slightly biased )
    Thanks. So what unis will you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. So what unis will you apply to?
    My top 4 (at the moment) are:
    Newcastle
    Birmingham
    Southampton
    Edinburgh

Although thats subjects to change depending on the UKCAT

Not Leicester simply just because I want to get out and broaden my horizons! (slightly.. )

I guessing you're thinking of Leicester?
    Which other unis are you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    My top 4 (at the moment) are:
    Newcastle
    Birmingham
    Southampton
    Edinburgh

Although thats subjects to change depending on the UKCAT

Not Leicester simply just because I want to get out and broaden my horizons! (slightly.. )

I guessing you're thinking of Leicester?
    Which other unis are you thinking of?

I'm actually a reapplicant. My choices are: Keele, Leicester, Leeds, Bristol. I might take out Leeds for Barts and the London(If I get high UKCAT). Not having GCSEs reduced the number of unis I can choose from..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I went to Leicester
    What was it like? How did you find it, I booked it but missed it because I was skint and couldn't afford the train.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Joseppea;32527854]1) August 6th 11AM XD
    2) 9 A* 2A BCD
    3) UEA, HYMS, Leicester and Barts. You?

2nd August.. (im scared)
    got 3A*s, 4As & 4Bs (not getting any less scared..)
    i think.. nottingham, leeds, aberdeen & im not sure on a fourth..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GH)
    lol,

Just wait till yo uget to MedSchool, you will be bleeding so much money on books and instant coffee...
    No.....that's why the uni library exists.....

ReputationRep:
    Just survived the last D of E hike. Packing for work exp tomorrow.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.