Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just been told by a hospital in England that my application for work exp has been successful, but I'd have to get flights and things... I didn't really expect it to be successful and now I'm frantically looking at flights and don't know if I'll be flying over by myself or what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stegosaurus)
    Letter to the practice worked for me! If you can find out who the office manager/practice manager is, they're probably the best person to write to.
    You can look a practice's details up at http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories
    thanks lol , you are the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashy)
    Best way to contact GP's?
    i just called up a surgery in the area, spoke to the receptionist and she put me on the gp's call list for the end of the day... next thing i know he phones me up and asks me whether i'd like to do it the week after just phone up and ask, there's nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I've just been told by a hospital in England that my application for work exp has been successful, but I'd have to get flights and things... I didn't really expect it to be successful and now I'm frantically looking at flights and don't know if I'll be flying over by myself or what
    Oooh, congrats! Ooh, but how much will this cost? It can be quite expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Oooh, congrats! Ooh, but how much will this cost? It can be quite expensive!
    I know, just the plane ticket'll be over £100, and then there'll be accommodation and things too. Have to be extra nice to mum and dad for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I know, just the plane ticket'll be over £100, and then there'll be accommodation and things too. Have to be extra nice to mum and dad for a while
    Where there's a will there's a way :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    :giggle: A lot of sucking up to do :p: I'd be more worried about accommodation if I were you :p: Where abouts is this, just curious.

I'm still looking for a place to work. Anyone know any place in London that I could call up? Much appreciated if someone could point me somewhere

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    :giggle: A lot of sucking up to do :p: I'd be more worried about accommodation if I were you :p: Where abouts is this, just curious.

I'm still looking for a place to work. Anyone know any place in London that I could call up? Much appreciated if someone could point me somewhere
    It's in Surrey somewhere, so that's in the south of England I think. My geography is quite bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    It's in Surrey somewhere, so that's in the south of England I think. My geography is quite bad
    Isn't Surrey south-west of London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Isn't Surrey south-west of London?
    But London is in the south of England (well south-east)

ReputationRep:
    anyone else finding it REALLY hard to get work experience! I'm really worried :O

ReputationRep:
    why you guys finding it hard ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfan)
    why you guys finding it hard ?
    ive been phoning alot of places..they have been saying you need to be 18 or we are fully booked! I have one week in Radiology at a hospital...im looking to get one more week in a hospital, 3 days in a GP, 1 week in a Care home and also im volunteering every Saturday at a Charity Shop..wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t_star)
    ive been phoning alot of places..they have been saying you need to be 18 or we are fully booked! I have one week in Radiology at a hospital...im looking to get one more week in a hospital, 3 days in a GP, 1 week in a Care home and also im volunteering every Saturday at a Charity Shop..wish me luck!
    Thats more than enough! way more than i had..

ReputationRep:
    D: I am a desperate hopeful whether i actually get the grades to apply is another thing

ReputationRep:
    Up in Scotland it has become quite difficult to find work experience if you are a mature applicant... I'm going to write a general letter and send it to a hundred places this year. I WILL FIND WORK EXPERIENCE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    But London is in the south of England (well south-east)
    Fine :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I feel bad for everyone getting unfortunate with the work experience, everywhere I've applied to has been fine with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Wow I feel bad for everyone getting unfortunate with the work experience, everywhere I've applied to has been fine with it
    Some areas are like that :rolleyes: It really should be standardised across the UK to give everyone an equal chance...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.