Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Cleoleo)
    Congrats with your score! Must be a relief to get it out of the way Which books did you use to prepare? and how was it time wise?
    I still don't see any patterns with AR :/
    Thanks yeah it is :P i only used the 600 qs book, and the practice tests on the ukcat website. Time wise it was fine, had time to check over everything except having to guess a few in the AR. Yeah i found AR hardest

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear about the first synthetic organ transplant? Absolutely amazing in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Anyone hear about the first synthetic organ transplant? Absolutely amazing in my opinion.
    Yeah incredible!

ReputationRep:
    :hi: This thread is too fast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    :hi: This thread is too fast!
    7 posts today, wouldn't really say that's that fast...

how's it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhetoric)
    I did all the questions in the 600 qs book and then did the online practice tests on the ukcat website. It was for about 2 or 3 weeks but I was doing school work, open days etc at the same time
    Wow youre kinda amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    7 posts today, wouldn't really say that's that fast...

how's it going?
    Not too bad :p:

Good, you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    Wow youre kinda amazing
    Haha not really, but thanks I think the main point of practising for the ukcat is just to familiarise yourself with the questions, so spending much longer preparing wouldn't really make much difference have you booked yours?

ReputationRep:
    Realised that the only UKCAT revision i've done is for AR... i s'pose i should try the rest of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhetoric)
    Haha not really, but thanks I think the main point of practising for the ukcat is just to familiarise yourself with the questions, so spending much longer preparing wouldn't really make much difference have you booked yours?
    Nah not yet...i cant seem to decide on a date thats best, but i dont want to leave booking for much longer!

So you reckon just the 600q book and the practise papers are enough? i was thinking of buying the ukcat and bmat book

ReputationRep:
    Back from work exp, one of the best weeks ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    How was it? Learn much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    OMG! I KNOW! My work experience was amazing! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, stumbled across this thread whilst stalking the Medicine section hehe, I will be in your position in a years time! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on Ukcat and applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    How was it? Learn much?
    Brilliant, I loved it. Doing ward rounds etc, it's a bit like the Junior docs on TV only you are actually following it in real life.
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    OMG! I KNOW! My work experience was amazing! :love:
    I wish it was longer, feeling a bit sad now, the people I shadowed were all so nice and I sort of miss them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I wish it was longer, feeling a bit sad now, the people I shadowed were all so nice and I sort of miss them.
    I second that! I stayed over 2 hours longer on my last day because i didn't want to leave

I'm glad you had such a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    I second that! I stayed over 2 hours longer on my last day because i didn't want to leave

I'm glad you had such a great time!
    I couldn't stay longer, my taxi was booked to take me to the airport :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I couldn't stay longer, my taxi was booked to take me to the airport :sad:
    oh no, but my, you have some crazy plans going on there, straight from the hospital to the airport?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Brilliant, I loved it. Doing ward rounds etc, it's a bit like the Junior docs on TV only you are actually following it in real life.
    Yeah that's so true, gotta love the profession
    Also hows your PS coming along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Realised that the only UKCAT revision i've done is for AR... i s'pose i should try the rest of it
    At least you've done some. I'm still procrastinating.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.