Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GH)
    Rather be at Oxford than St Johns...oh I'd rather ne at Oxford than St Johns...all together now...
    Hmm? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    The July ones were all during my placement week, the next ones are in September so I doubt I can go because I'd need to fly over and it'll be during term time
    Oh right I see

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking a gap year too, hopefully on a scheme with some accountancy firms or a medical business that I know, or, last resort, as a HCA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Oh right I see
    Managed to cut PS down to 3989 characters, it's sitting in PS help now and I can concentrate on the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Managed to cut PS down to 3989 characters, it's sitting in PS help now and I can concentrate on the UKCAT now
    Nice Manage to fit in all the experience you recently done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Nice Manage to fit in all the experience you recently done?
    Some, if I got everything in I might end up with a small book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Some, if I got everything in I might end up with a small book
    Oh alright then Well it's a start

ReputationRep:
    Having to read books, do work experience AND write PS during summer ''holidays''. So much for relaxing during the summer :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Having to read books, do work experience AND write PS during summer ''holidays''. So much for relaxing during the summer :erm:
    Plus UKCAT and BMAT prep. Dreading the end of term so much now.

ReputationRep:
    So true, and I have to look after my 3 yr old brother the whole time because he's stopped nursery for the summer. But just think pain this summer relax next summer

ReputationRep:
    I've got all of that as well as an EPQ to do (5000 word essay!), it's not going to be the most relaxing break I've had...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    I've got all of that as well as an EPQ to do (5000 word essay!), it's not going to be the most relaxing break I've had...
    Haha, fair enough :p: That's long lol

(Original post by cz100)
    So true, and I have to look after my 3 yr old brother the whole time because he's stopped nursery for the summer. But just think pain this summer relax next summer
    Haha, fair enough :p:

(Original post by oHellno)
    Plus UKCAT and BMAT prep. Dreading the end of term so much now.
    Yeah, those too :sad:

ReputationRep:
    all the people on this site are nutters, bring back potions

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Oxbridge ever ask for a written essay from Medicine applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Does anyone know if Oxbridge ever ask for a written essay from Medicine applicants?
    Not that I'm aware of, although some colleges require you to e-mail them 3 topics of interest in the field of medicine; should one qualify for interview that is. Got this info from a tour of the university from my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I'm taking a gap year too, hopefully on a scheme with some accountancy firms or a medical business that I know, or, last resort, as a HCA.
    You deferring then? My friend was looking this up for me and apparently it's harder to get offers if you defer. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Not that I'm aware of, although some colleges require you to e-mail them 3 topics of interest in the field of medicine; should one qualify for interview that is. Got this info from a tour of the university from my friend
    Okay thanks! I thought it would be hard otherwise - the last essay I did was for my english GCSE! Also just remembered, I guess they have the BMAT for the essay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    You deferring then? My friend was looking this up for me and apparently it's harder to get offers if you defer. :puppyeyes:
    Well, I'm gonna double check at my chosen unis about their gap year policies. Then make a choice to either apply for deferred or apply for 2012 then 'suddenly change' after hopefully receiving an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    all the people on this site are nutters, bring back potions
    Nah cos then we'd all be Healers innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Well, I'm gonna double check at my chosen unis about their gap year policies. Then make a choice to either apply for deferred or apply for 2012 then 'suddenly change' after hopefully receiving an offer
    I've looked at the websites, some say they even encourage it (provided it's well spent) but it might be an unofficial thing just because the calculations for 2013 entry would be so much harder to make.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.