Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    R+R? :hmmmm: I've never been one to relax, I always need to be doing something
    Oh go on treat yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Oh go on treat yourself
    I wish. I have to keep a 3 year old toddler entertained the whole time whilst trying to get things done. Not to mention he is one of the worst behaved toddlers ever.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    R+R? :hmmmm: I've never been one to relax, I always need to be doing something
    That's good in a way... but if you want to stay sane I suggest you find something that relaxes you... or perhaps that something is TSR?
    (Original post by cz100)
    I wish. I have to keep a 3 year old toddler entertained the whole time whilst trying to get things done. Not to mention he is one of the worst behaved toddlers ever.
    Error 404 not found: Your search 'Well-behaved toddlers' matched no results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    That's good in a way... but if you want to stay sane I suggest you find something that relaxes you... or perhaps that something is TSR?

Error 404 not found: Your search 'Well-behaved toddlers' matched no results
    Possibly. The junior doc I shadowed said that if I get to be an F1 I'll really cherish free time
    And this is a worse behaved than normal one. He makes others look like angels when they are around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Can't your parents babysit him or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Can't your parents babysit him or something?
    They are at work most of the day and I'm logically the one who should be looking after him because I'm on holidays.

ReputationRep:
    I've broken up for the summer! :woo:
    Lots of things to be done. I actually can't wait to start my EPQ for some reason. :teehee:

Went to the sheffield open day yesterday :awesome:
    Nice city. Although, something hasn't really "clicked" yet. Still, if I boss the ukcat, I'ma be applying to sheffield.

(Original post by cz100)
    x
    You thinking of applying to Barts? I'm so tempted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Lots of things to be done. I actually can't wait to start my EPQ for some reason. :teehee:

Nice city. Although, something hasn't really "clicked" yet. Still, if I boss the ukcat, I'ma be applying to sheffield.

Yeah it seems good, but it's subject to my UKCAT score.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Do it... you know you want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Yeah it seems good, but it's subject to my UKCAT score.
    Same. But that's easier said than done.

It just looks awesome. :ahee: How come you applied? (and got an offer! :adore:)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

How was the Sheffield open day? What was covered and what did you do there? Sheffield sounds like a good choice but unfortunately I'm unable to attend open days and would really appreciate your 'review' Barts looks good too and it's currently my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ergo)
    How was the Sheffield open day? What was covered and what did you do there? Sheffield sounds like a good choice but unfortunately I'm unable to attend open days and would really appreciate your 'review' Barts looks good too and it's currently my first choice!
    They just covered everything that was in the prospectus, tbh. Nothing out of the blue, so you didn't miss much in that sense. The city is quite nice, actually. It's not too big, but not too small. The uni is next to the town centre, and the medical school is a 5min walk from the main campus. The med school is next to the hospital (royal hallamshire), which is convenient. There was this old man that had fainted outside the hospital, surrounded by a team of doctors in scrubs! :eek:

On the whole, it looks good. But I'm not that convinced, for some reason. Oh, and transport is good! Lots of trams (which I find exciting, after travelling on buses for the majority of my life), and the train station is a 5-7 min tram ride from the uni, so you have no excuse of getting lost!

Hope that helped

Barts just sounds good. I love the name. Have you been to the Barts open day? If you have, I would gladly appreciate a review
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They just covered everything that was in the prospectus, tbh. Nothing out of the blue, so you didn't miss much in that sense. The city is quite nice, actually. It's not too big, but not too small. The uni is next to the town centre, and the medical school is a 5min walk from the main campus. The med school is next to the hospital (royal hallamshire), which is convenient. There was this old man that had fainted outside the hospital, surrounded by a team of doctors in scrubs! :eek:

On the whole, it looks good. But I'm not that convinced, for some reason. Oh, and transport is good! Lots of trams (which I find exciting, after travelling on buses for the majority of my life), and the train station is a 5-7 min tram ride from the uni, so you have no excuse of getting lost!

Hope that helped

Barts just sounds good. I love the name. Have you been to the Barts open day? If you have, I would gladly appreciate a review
    Thanks a lot for the Sheffield info!

While I can't say for certain that East London is a pretty area, in my opinion the medical school building at barts looks good When I first came across the name Barts and the London I was instantly reminded of Barts Simpsons and so doubted the credibility of such a school . But after further reading I was attracted that it teaches by PBL with lectures supplementing your learning. Unfortunately, I have not been to any open days and don't think I'll be attending any as I'm living overseas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    They are at work most of the day and I'm logically the one who should be looking after him because I'm on holidays.
    Fair enough, I'm taking it he isn't a delight? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Fair enough, I'm taking it he isn't a delight? :laugh:
    He can be good when he wants to, but that's not too often. He's very clingy though, always coming into my room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    He can be good when he wants to, but that's not too often. He's very clingy though, always coming into my room
    Haha he probs wants to play with you :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Weeeeeeeeee back on TSR after a 5 day biology field trip at Trewern
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ergo)
    Barts looks good too and it's currently my first choice!
    I've decided I like you now :thumbsup:
    Same. But that's easier said than done.

It just looks awesome. :ahee: How come you applied? (and got an offer! :adore:)
    It is awesome! :fyi:

I applied mainly because of the course, I like the way it's systematic but it's a spiral curriculum so things are recovered which supposedly makes things easier for finals (wouldn't know about that yet though of course )
    I'm also a big fan of the proposed PBLs.. speaking to some of the current medics on the BATL thread I found out a bit about how things are done and they reckon the PBL is done really well.. with it being a case of you've-learnt-this-in-lectures-now-go-away-and-think-about-it-in-a-clinical-setting-which-is-what-you-will-do-when-you-graduate rather than here's-something-you've-never-heard-of-now-go-away-and-wikipedia-it-the-night-before

Yeah I managed to get an offer so I'll be stalking the BATL 2012 thread when the time comes to see how you all get along and provide some advice if I can :yep:
    (Original post by Ergo)
    Thanks a lot for the Sheffield info!

While I can't say for certain that East London is a pretty area, in my opinion the medical school building at barts looks good When I first came across the name Barts and the London I was instantly reminded of Barts Simpsons and so doubted the credibility of such a school . But after further reading I was attracted that it teaches by PBL with lectures supplementing your learning. Unfortunately, I have not been to any open days and don't think I'll be attending any as I'm living overseas.
    Error 404 not found: your search 'Pretty areas in East London' did not match any results

nah.. the medical school itself and campus at mile end isn't too bad!
    Also worth mentioning that part of the school and one of the halls of residences (Dawson which is hopefully where I'll be living :crossedf:) is in Barbican which is a very nice area of London.. it's about 2 minutes walk from St Pauls Cathedral and apartments there can go for millions of pounds :yep:

ReputationRep:

Hope that helped

Repped, thanks

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: I will be applying there!

........providing all goes to plan.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.