Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by highopes)
    Just wondering if those were your scores or national averages? If N.A's,then the higher QR score is prob the reason they took away the manual calculator, i.e., online calc so fiddly have to rely more on mental arithmatic this year..? OK so it's just a conspiracy theory, but..
    Pearson VUE have changed from 'manual' calculators to virtual ones so-to-speak?

Trust me... the manual ones were hard enough to use :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    I've only done all the AR, ain't started the rest haha any sections you recommend I should go for next? And ditto here about the AR
    Any section would do, I had started with QR because it was at the start of the book, but usually I do a few exercises in one section and then move on to a different one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlisonP)
    Is anyone else not doing UKCAT? I'm just going to do the BMAT. I'm probably applying to 2 universities that use BMAT and 2 that don't use any test.
    Let me guess, Birmingham, Cambridge, UCL and Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

It is awesome! :fyi:

I applied mainly because of the course, I like the way it's systematic but it's a spiral curriculum so things are recovered which supposedly makes things easier for finals (wouldn't know about that yet though of course )
    I'm also a big fan of the proposed PBLs.. speaking to some of the current medics on the BATL thread I found out a bit about how things are done and they reckon the PBL is done really well.. with it being a case of you've-learnt-this-in-lectures-now-go-away-and-think-about-it-in-a-clinical-setting-which-is-what-you-will-do-when-you-graduate rather than here's-something-you've-never-heard-of-now-go-away-and-wikipedia-it-the-night-before

Yeah I managed to get an offer so I'll be stalking the BATL 2012 thread when the time comes to see how you all get along and provide some advice if I can :yep:

Yeah, I like the spiral curriculum bit. I'd hate to just sit in lectures all day, getting a numb bum. Do you know how many people there are in a year?

And you best be stalking the BATL 2012 thread :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Any section would do, I had started with QR because it was at the start of the book, but usually I do a few exercises in one section and then move on to a different one.
    Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Let me guess, Birmingham, Cambridge, UCL and Bristol?
    Not quite! 3 out of 4!

ReputationRep:
    How is everybody revising for the UKCAT. Are you just doing the questions or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlisonP)
    Not quite! 3 out of 4!
    Was Bristol the one that's wrong?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Yeah, I like the spiral curriculum bit. I'd hate to just sit in lectures all day, getting a numb bum. Do you know how many people there are in a year?

And you best be stalking the BATL 2012 thread :mmm:
    Haha

Yeah there's roughly 200 medics per year (then 50 more grad entry and no idea about dentists :plz2:)

Don't worry, I'll be watching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Was Bristol the one that's wrong?
    No, Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    what universities don't place emphasis on gcses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyak)
    Manchester really didn't on mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovemybaby)
    Manchester really didn't on mine.
    Grats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Grats on your offer
    Thank you. I'm really excited.

Where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyak)
    Newcastle dont mind Bs in maths and English

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I'm really excited.

Where are you going?
    No problem and as you should be

And no idea haha applying this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    No problem and as you should be

And no idea haha applying this year

Oh crap sorry! Paha.

Where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap sorry! Paha.

Where do you want to go?
    No problem haha

And applying for Cambridge, Imperial, Kings (if my UKCAT goes well) and 4th option would be based again probably on UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Seriously? :zomg:

Tell him to apply to BATL, guarenteed interview there :yep:
    Don't mean to be a *****, but which school is BATL? Googleing it didn't help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limesasquatch)
    Don't mean to be a b*itch, but which school is BATL? Googleing it didn't help me
    Barts And The London haha

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.