Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbiased Opinion)
    Best thing is when you find someone you know IRL on TSR. :p:
    ....and then correcting all their typos and commenting on their threads with unhelpful comments

Nope? Just me xD
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Best thing is when you find someone you know IRL on TSR. :p:
    None of my friends are cool enough to use tsr it seems :sad:

Or do friends you make whilst on the site then meet irl count? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    ....and then correcting all their typos and commenting on their threads with unhelpful comments

Nope? Just me xD

Oh, you troll, you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    None of my friends are cool enough to use tsr it seems :sad:

Or do friends you make whilst on the site then meet irl count? :awesome:
    I've found some people who I thought were too cool for online sites on here. That's such a gem of a moment. :o:

That counts too- when you get to know someone off here, forget they're on TSR, and realise how different their TSR persona to real them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've found some people who I thought were too cool for online sites on here. That's such a gem of a moment. :o:

That counts too- when you get to know someone off here, forget they're on TSR, and realise how different their TSR persona to real them.
    Like with Beska... I still think that he should be a woman :yep:

But yeah, I know what you mean
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Like with Beska... I still think that he should be a woman :yep:

But yeah, I know what you mean
    You're only hating on me because I wouldn't let you under mine and tome27's umbrella. :pierre:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Beska)
    You're only hating on me because I wouldn't let you under mine and tome27's umbrella. :pierre:
    Where was the love? I got wet ffs

Good times though

ReputationRep:
    Just did the mock exam in the 600Q book. QR was a disaster I actually worked out the first 4 exercises and guessed the rest completely. Going to work out the score now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Just did the mock exam in the 600Q book. QR was a disaster I actually worked out the first 4 exercises and guessed the rest completely. Going to work out the score now
    What did you get in the AR? I got 58/65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    What did you get in the AR? I got 58/65
    A lot less. The score I got overall is embarrassing, more practise needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Woah thought mine was bad as I only done brief practice on it, think that exercise was hard it's actually nothing compared to the practice tests AR from the UKCAT site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    This is why I'm trying to avoid doing the mock one xD My result will most definitely be the worst one on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Woah thought mine was bad as I only done brief practice on it, think that exercise was hard it's actually nothing compared to the practice tests AR from the UKCAT site
    You think 58/65 is bad?! By their scoring system that should be high 700s, low 800s IIRC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    You think 58/65 is bad?! By their scoring system that should be high 700s, low 800s IIRC!
    Yeah reckon that's 802 at least using the scoring in the book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Not afaik. Each question = 1 mark, and that's just two parts of the same question isn't it?
    In the marking section of the book those questions have each answer separate so they are worth 16 each :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Woah really? :eek: Well considering I couldn't answer a set and got lucky with 1 or 2 I thought it was bad :laugh: My friends are hitting 65/65 and I really want a 900 on this section because if you can just solve 13 sets then it's an easy 900 if it makes sense?

(Original post by cz100)
    Yeah reckon that's 802 at least using the scoring in the book!
    Did not know that Really want to touch an 800 average when the time comes
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    In the marking section of the book those questions have each answer separate so they are worth 16 each :confused:
    Yeh but that's just 600Q's attempt at trying to give a UKCAT-esque /900 score. In the real thing, as far as I'm aware, each question is 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Yeh but that's just 600Q's attempt at trying to give a UKCAT-esque /900 score. In the real thing, as far as I'm aware, each question is 1 mark.
    Ah right, so the actually exam isn't marked like the 600Q? Since the lowest you can get is 300 I there's every chance of getting less than that using the marking system in the book.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    Ah right, so the actually exam isn't marked like the 600Q? Since the lowest you can get is 300 I there's every chance of getting less than that using the marking system in the book.
    Nope, not marked like that at all. It's just their attempt to try and give you a score out of 900 - their method could be completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Nope, not marked like that at all. It's just their attempt to try and give you a score out of 900 - their method could be completely wrong.
    Is there any way of finding how the marks are actually scaled? Or it it just an untold mystery like uniform marks?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.