Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Haha fair enough, that's a good idea to do it on your birthday then
    And same here, apparently the board pen they give you is permanent marker as well? Which doesn't help at all
    Yeah, I imagine I'll be sticking one hand up when the board is nearly full whilst still scribbling with the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    You want a whippin?
    Looool :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hate AR. Can't do any of it. For ****'s sake. Mastered VR, QR, DA, can't ****ing do AR. Not even a little bit, I can only manage the first two questions in the 600Q book and NONE, NOT EVEN THE FIRST ONE, in the Passing UKCAT and BMAT book. FFS

Edit: ****
    How long did it take to master QR, VR and DA? And I think I have the Passing the UKCAT and BMAT book somewhere, I'll have a look at the AR from there now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Ok I'll have a look either tomorrow or wednesday (probably wednesday) and will give my two cents

But you are not to base anything on me since I believe the people reviewing you atm are way more qualified than me :sadnod:
    Me and Becca are flattered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GH)
    Me and Becca are flattered
    You didn't get back to my reply :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    How long did it take to master QR, VR and DA? And I think I have the Passing the UKCAT and BMAT book somewhere, I'll have a look at the AR from there now
    Not so long tbh. I can't really accurately tell you. I don't wanna say haha

ReputationRep:
    Not so long tbh. I can't really accurately tell you. I don't wanna say haha
    Fair enough, and why don't you wanna say? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Oh right I see, fair enough
    A formula as in some kind of point scoring system?
    And I can understand that, but can you advise students to choose a certain college based on their academics?
    Yes to formulae = point based system.
    Very hard to advise anyone re:colleges without knowing their extracurriculars, work XP, personality etc.

(Original post by Nator)
    I see, I am just worried that one of my AS marks wouldn't be as high as the rest, I predict something like worst case scenario:

265/300, 280/300, 290/300 and 290/300 in Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry respectively.
    Any ideas if it is enough?
    And it is enough to get a 4A* prediction from my school.
    With a solid BMAT would this compensate for the AS marks?

I see, and that's fair enough
    Don't get stressed by the unknowns.
    Ask again when you do in fact get your marks.
    But yes, BMAT can easily sway things your way with a weak AS UMS. Do you have a BMAT revision plan at the moment?

Hell, I know people who got in and had to resit P1, M1, S1, Bio1 and Chem1 during their AS.

ReputationRep:
    Ah UKCAT tomorrow... not particularly looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GH)
    Yes to formulae = point based system.
    Very hard to advise anyone re:colleges without knowing their extracurriculars, work XP, personality etc.

Don't get stressed by the unknowns.
    Ask again when you do in fact get your marks.
    But yes, BMAT can easily sway things your way with a weak AS UMS. Do you have a BMAT revision plan at the moment?

Hell, I know people who got in and had to resit P1, M1, S1, Bio1 and Chem1 during their AS.
    I see, and would it help looking at the personal statement of a person?

And thanks for that, and alright then
    That's great to hear then, and I do, printed all the papers + have all the books to prepare, after my UKCAT I am going to do 2 solid months of BMAT prep, any advice?

And I can't resit this year because of the new system, as it shows up, so even if I got a B in S1 I would keep it, as I think I have minimum 265/300 in total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Ah UKCAT tomorrow... not particularly looking forward to it
    Don't worry you will do great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Don't worry you will do great
    :lol: Ahah i doubt that, i'm just aiming to do at least a bit above average

Thankyou though Good luck with yours when you get to it!

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Ahah i doubt that, i'm just aiming to do at least a bit above average

Thankyou though Good luck with yours when you get to it!
    Be sure to let me know how it goes

No problem And thanks haha I have like 5 weeks left :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Goodfellas TCM!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Be sure to let me know how it goes

No problem And thanks haha I have like 5 weeks left :laugh:
    Sure will, unless it's so bad that i die on the spot but fingers-crossed that doesn't happen :lol: i'm going to spend all of today preparing... FunFun
    Ah lucky, you've got loads of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    I see, and would it help looking at the personal statement of a person?

And thanks for that, and alright then
    That's great to hear then, and I do, printed all the papers + have all the books to prepare, after my UKCAT I am going to do 2 solid months of BMAT prep, any advice?

And I can't resit this year because of the new system, as it shows up, so even if I got a B in S1 I would keep it, as I think I have minimum 265/300 in total.
    Probably. Everything helps.

What books do you have for the BMAT? Do you have this book that was just released for BMAT? I've heard pretty good feedback:
    Recomended BMAT book - 400Qs

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, my name is Michael and I'm an international applicatn for 2012 from Canada!
    I was actually born in South Korea and lived there for 10 years before my family settled in Canada. I'm planning to apply to St. Andrews, KCL, Soton, and most likely HYMS or BSMS. I can't decide on my choice between HYMS and BSMS.

My average for this school year (Grade 11... Grade 12 is the final year) was 92% overall, with 97% in biology, 91% in chemistry, and 97% in maths hopefully this is competitive enough.

I'm taking my UKCAT next month on the 29th... wish me luck!

pm me if you have any inquiries!

Cheers,
    doctork2

p.s. give me a shout if you're a canadian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GH)
    Probably. Everything helps.

What books do you have for the BMAT? Do you have this book that was just released for BMAT? I've heard pretty good feedback:
    Recomended BMAT book - 400Qs
    I will be done with my PS in a few days, mind reviewing it when I put it on the PS Help section?

And I have that book that you recommend, the official one, and the massive Kaplan one as well. What kind of scores would be considered as highly impressive?

ReputationRep:
    Sure will, unless it's so bad that i die on the spot but fingers-crossed that doesn't happen :lol: i'm going to spend all of today preparing... FunFun
    Ah lucky, you've got loads of time
    Thanks man and don't worry it won't be bad And try to get a goodnight's sleep too, can do wonders
    Yeah I guess so haha, how many weeks worth prep have you done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Thanks man and don't worry it won't be bad And try to get a goodnight's sleep too, can do wonders
    Yeah I guess so haha, how many weeks worth prep have you done?
    Oh yeah, i will, i'll be in bed by midnight for once! And umm, only like a couple of weeks? I'm not very good at organising my time it seems... i'm only doing it early so my friend can give me a lift to the test-centre (he's doing it too) considering it's nearly 2 hours away

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.