The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5920
Original post by manic_fuzz
:tongue: Oh yeah, i will, i'll be in bed by midnight for once! And umm, only like a couple of weeks? :colondollar: I'm not very good at organising my time it seems... i'm only doing it early so my friend can give me a lift to the test-centre (he's doing it too) considering it's nearly 2 hours away :redface:

That's good then :biggrin: Fair enough it's all you need :tongue: No worries man, and fair enough and wow that is far away for a test centre! :eek:
Original post by Nator
That's good then :biggrin: Fair enough it's all you need :tongue: No worries man, and fair enough and wow that is far away for a test centre! :eek:

That's what happens when you live in Devon/Cornwall :tongue:
Reply 5922
That's what happens when you live in Devon/Cornwall :tongue:

Oh right I can understand that! :tongue:
Reply 5923
Original post by Nator
I will be done with my PS in a few days, mind reviewing it when I put it on the PS Help section?

And I have that book that you recommend, the official one, and the massive Kaplan one as well. What kind of scores would be considered as highly impressive?

Yep, me or one of the other PS helpers will be around to look over it if you post it there.

Wow, you really are set out for the BMAT.

Concentrate on the 400Qs ("high yield" - common exam topics crop up, and are covered by that book) then offical guide, leave Kaplan last (its the "lowest yield" out of them all). That should get you a 7.0+

I would be very impressed with anyone scoring 7.0+
8.0 pretty much secures you a place at most colleges
So BMAT = vital
Original post by Beska
I tried to keep the same picture but my little orange chap didn't look too good in purple.

And I can't do anything about the colour... :frown:

I happen to like the colour, and I think he did look good in purple :smile:
Original post by GH
Me and Becca are flattered :smile:

Well it is true!

But you've been doing this sort of thing before you became PS help by the look of it and Becca is experienced so I would hope it's true :tongue:
Ah UKCAT tomorrow... not particularly looking forward to it :redface:

How did it go? :poke:

Original post by doctork2
Hi guys, my name is Michael and I'm an international applicatn for 2012 from Canada!
I was actually born in South Korea and lived there for 10 years before my family settled in Canada. I'm planning to apply to St. Andrews, KCL, Soton, and most likely HYMS or BSMS. I can't decide on my choice between HYMS and BSMS.

My average for this school year (Grade 11... Grade 12 is the final year) was 92% overall, with 97% in biology, 91% in chemistry, and 97% in maths :smile: hopefully this is competitive enough.

I'm taking my UKCAT next month on the 29th... wish me luck! :biggrin:

pm me if you have any inquiries! :biggrin:

Cheers,
doctork2

p.s. give me a shout if you're a canadian!

Hello Michael :wavey:

Welcome to :tsr:

Those percentages look good but they're Canadian so I wouldn't have a clue what is the norm :lol:

Good luck next month then :top:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
How did it go? :poke:

:tongue: in case you didn't notice, i posted saying that it's tomorrow after midnight, so thankgod, it's still tomorrow :lol:
Reply 5928
:tongue: in case you didn't notice, i posted saying that it's tomorrow after midnight, so thankgod, it's still tomorrow :lol:

My UKCAT's in 2 days time! All the best for yours tomorrow, and I will need all the luck for mine as well :biggrin: Right now I'm just trying to stay optimistic and confident, maybe recap a little tomorrow.
Right, time to do a whole day of AR practise!
im interested as to how much revision everyone is putting in - im thinking 2/3 weeks otherwise i'll run out of questions
Reply 5931
Original post by IamBeowulf
im interested as to how much revision everyone is putting in - im thinking 2/3 weeks otherwise i'll run out of questions

I'm running out already.
Original post by cz100
I'm running out already.

Get the 780 questions book, it's better than nothing? :dontknow:

Actually, if you cba to spend the tenner, which is perfectly acceptable considering it's 3* reviews, there's like 99999999999999 resources on the UKCAT thread.
Original post by cz100
I'm running out already.

exactly (whens your test)

have you only got the 600 Q book
(i bought thsi book for 10p at a book sale at my school
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Questions-Answers-University-Entrance/dp/1844453022/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311071060&sr=8-5

- as well as th 600q book
Reply 5934
Original post by Straight up G
Get the 780 questions book, it's better than nothing? :dontknow:

Actually, if you cba to spend the tenner, which is perfectly acceptable considering it's 3* reviews, there's like 99999999999999 resources on the UKCAT thread.

I'll just go through the 600Q and then practice papers
exactly (whens your test)

have you only got the 600 Q book
(i bought thsi book for 10p at a book sale at my school
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Questions-Answers-University-Entrance/dp/1844453022/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311071060&sr=8-5

- as well as th 600q book

31 Aug
Original post by cz100
I'll just go through the 600Q and then practice papers

31 Aug

thats almost 6 weeks away :eek:
youll run out of questions way before

mines in mid august - i'll probably start revising after this week
(final week of school :biggrin: )

also when do u get your results - straight after the test/week later/month later
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5936
thats almost 6 weeks away :eek:
youll run out of questions way before

mines in mid august - i'll probably start revising after this week
(final week of school :biggrin: )

also when do u get your results - straight after the test/week later/month later

Straight after the exam
Original post by cz100
Straight after the exam

ah crap - i told my teacher we get them a month later :redface:
Reply 5938
ah crap - i told my teacher we get them a month later :redface:

:biggrin: You can just surprise them then.
Original post by cz100
:biggrin: You can just surprise them then.

hehe :biggrin:

but i'm sure i read on tsr you get the results a month later

Latest

Trending

Trending