The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
Original post by Limitless
After waking up at 7.15 every day sprinting to the other side of the town to get the bus everyday waking up late feels so good. :tongue:

Need to sort my PS and start UKCAT revision now. :biggrin:

Ok that's understandable. I was staying in the hospital site, so found myself staring at my watch every morning until it was a reasonable time to go in.
I found that :biggrin: soon turns into :indiff:, followed by :frown:, :cry: and :angry: as UKCAT revision goes on
Original post by cz100
Ok that's understandable. I was staying in the hospital site, so found myself staring at my watch every morning until it was a reasonable time to go in.
I found that :biggrin: soon turns into :indiff:, followed by :frown:, :cry: and :angry: as UKCAT revision goes on

I tried emailing my first draft PS to my school tutor the reply I got was "not good enough". If it was in person I think I would have ended up swearing at him.
Reply 6142
I tried emailing my first draft PS to my school tutor the reply I got was "not good enough". If it was in person I think I would have ended up swearing at him.

I got a 'generally good'. Not too helpful since PS help in TSR ripped it apart, in a good way since now I can improve it.
Original post by cz100
I got a 'generally good'. Not too helpful since PS help in TSR ripped it apart, in a good way since now I can improve it.

We had a day in school when we were supposed to work on our PS with our tutors mine just ended up ignoring me helping the rest of my form and then going off to help someody in another form with her PS as she was doing vet med and that is what my form tutor wanted to do but failed to get in.
Reply 6144
We had a day in school when we were supposed to work on our PS with our tutors mine just ended up ignoring me helping the rest of my form and then going off to help someody in another form with her PS as she was doing vet med and that is what my form tutor wanted to do but failed to get in.

We were just given a booklet and told the deadline to hand it in.
Original post by cz100
We were just given a booklet and told the deadline to hand it in.

We where given booklets but they where ****. Basically just said not to copy of others and thats it. My first draft was suppose to go to our head of year but I never handed it in because I'm a rebel and I also wasan't in school. lol.
Reply 6146
We where given booklets but they where ****. Basically just said not to copy of others and thats it. My first draft was suppose to go to our head of year but I never handed it in because I'm a rebel and I also wasan't in school. lol.

:naughty:
I don't even think our teacher will look at them again
Original post by cz100
:naughty:
I don't even think our teacher will look at them again

Wow that's surprising. In my school the most helpful teacher is my economics teacher who loves me for some reason, she went to Cambridge and was trying to convince me to do economics but I never did maths so I decided against it. She seemed more dissapointed than me when she realised I never got prefect. I feel like such a teachers pet. lol.
Reply 6148
Original post by cz100

Haha this is so true! I've finished all the practise questions in the 600 Q book, but not timed as I just wanted to learn how to do them first. So I've now started looking at the mock exam and want to cry at how impossible the timings are for QR and VR :O
Reply 6149
Wow that's surprising. In my school the most helpful teacher is my economics teacher who loves me for some reason, she went to Cambridge and was trying to convince me to do economics but I never did maths so I decided against it. She seemed more dissapointed than me when she realised I never got prefect. I feel like such a teachers pet. lol.

Well our careers teacher said when we handed them in it was the only chance for him to see it. Other teachers will probably look at them if I ask nicely enough.
Reply 6150
Original post by liviaaa
Haha this is so true! I've finished all the practise questions in the 600 Q book, but not timed as I just wanted to learn how to do them first. So I've now started looking at the mock exam and want to cry at how impossible the timings are for QR and VR :O

I'm finding my love for QR steadily decreasing whilst AR is becoming more and more likeable.
Original post by cz100
Well our careers teacher said when we handed them in it was the only chance for him to see it. Other teachers will probably look at them if I ask nicely enough.

A smile and gun will get you far. Good luck.
Reply 6152
A smile and gun will get you far. Good luck.

Don't have a gun, so smile with have to do. I miss school already and it's only 3 weeks into the holidays.
Original post by cz100
Don't have a gun, so smile with have to do. I miss school already and it's only 3 weeks into the holidays.

I don't notice school finishing as I sleep in school and sleep at home. no difference. :biggrin:
After doing a practice UKCAT test, I feel slightly crushed. I don't even know what to do, fml.
Reply 6155
Original post by cz100
I'm finding my love for QR steadily decreasing whilst AR is becoming more and more likeable.

Yeah I kinda like AR. :tongue: VR is my least favourite, I get bored half way through the paragraphs, stop concentrating then realise I've taken in zilch when trying to attempt the questions...
Reply 6156
Original post by oHellno
After doing a practice UKCAT test, I feel slightly crushed. I don't even know what to do, fml.

:/ Have you done all the questions in the 600 Q book?
Original post by oHellno

I felt the same, BUT did the actual test on Monday... I swear it was 100% easier in real than the practise, so try not to panic!!!! (Not that I didn't)
Reply 6158
The UKCAT isnt that bad really (ive been told)....the practice doesn't seem that hard. Just try not to panic guys!
Reply 6159
Original post by Eveliin a
I felt the same, BUT did the actual test on Monday... I swear it was 100% easier in real than the practise, so try not to panic!!!! (Not that I didn't)

Was the timing good for your test cuz the 600Q book is insane, 30 sec for evry QR question., You cant be human if you can do that!

Latest

Trending

Trending