The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loulibelle
Can I ask what you do for a few hours a day?! :smile:

I'm doing all the questions and mocks in 3 books plus corrections...

So what else is there we can do?! :eek:

UKPO
Original post by Joseppea
What's so bad about the UEA? I live nearby and I think Norwich is a great little city :smile:

I'm not disregarding your opinion, I'm just curious to know what's so bad about it because I want to apply there xD

i don't like the campus, i frequently visit it because of school trips. i went on a spectroscopy day there and even though it was interesting i really found the buildings daunting and quite... boring. it does have good sports facilities so maybe i'm being too harsh. lastly i really don't fancy the pbl course!
we're gonna have to agree to disagree then :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G

UKPO

worth the money?? what sections did you buy? :smile:
worth the money?? what sections did you buy? :smile:

None as of yet, but according to quite a few people, if you buy one section they give you all of the rest for free too!?!?!

And, 555 questions for £12, that's gotta be worth it. 7 users got perfect scores, in their own words.

None as of yet, but according to quite a few people, if you buy one section they give you all of the rest for free too!?!?!

And, 555 questions for £12, that's gotta be worth it. 7 users got perfect scores, in their own words.

I said this to my sister but she also pointed out that plenty of people may have got perfect scores without their course....

I don't know, I'm not entirely convinced yet....

I might cave for the VR and QR though!! Watch this space :biggrin:
I said this to my sister but she also pointed out that plenty of people may have got perfect scores without their course....

I don't know, I'm not entirely convinced yet....

I might cave for the VR and QR though!! Watch this space :biggrin:

To be honest, I go to a very high ranked school, as do friends of mine at other schools, and I've never heard of anything above 850. 1 850, 1 840, and 1 820.

7 perfect scores is some claim to make. Haha, I'll cave for AR...

To be honest, I go to a very high ranked school, as do friends of mine at other schools, and I've never heard of anything above 850. 1 850, 1 840, and 1 820.

How do the regulate people NOT sharing membership?!

I find AR OK... educated guessing though!

Agh, so much stress!!

Do you use the 600Q book?? x

Also, they never specified if they got perfect scores in every section!

I got 900 in a DA mock yesterday but got in 700's in other 3 sections...

Either way, I'd be happy with a perfect score in ANY section!
How do the regulate people NOT sharing membership?!

I find AR OK... educated guessing though!

Agh, so much stress!!

Do you use the 600Q book?? x

Also, they never specified if they got perfect scores in every section!

I got 900 in a DA mock yesterday but got in 700's in other 3 sections...

Either way, I'd be happy with a perfect score in ANY section!

I don't know actually, I had that idea last night. But if it's £12 for all sections, why bother?

Haha, I've improved, but still crap.

I do, just like everyone else haha.

I think they were probably meaning 900 average/3600s. Otherwise it's not really a perfect score and a bit of a **** claim then.

Same haha, DA is so clearly the best section.
Hi all, just to confirm, I just bought only the AR for £10.80, and I got the whole package when I signed in.
Reply 6410
Original post by ChangedMyMind

I do a couple of hours everyday and its definitely paying off. At the start i found AR a nightmare but now I spot the patterns fairly quickly. For me I had to learn a system for finding a pattern, although sometimes you can spot them visually (is there more black or white for example). Some people however can just spot them!

I am also practicing for the UKCAT and am TERRIBLE at AR. Just cannot get the hang of it! So i was wondering if you would like to share your system of finding a pattern? Maybe it will help me get somewhere!
I use SCAN (Size, Colour/Characteristics, Angle, Number) and then if its none of them look for rotation, symmetry and so on. There are also special cases like if you see arrows what way and where are they pointing? if its a clock what are the hands doing? After doing them everyday for a week I am starting to get the hang of it and I now notice the patterns without as much difficulty.

Also something to watch out for is that if it is a really simple pattern check that there a second pattern - that happens in the 600Q book all the time. I am not sure if it happens in the real test - maybe someone else can answer that. If there is a second pattern then one of the test shapes will probably be a neither when you think it is Set A/B.

Trust me it definitely gets easier over time. Practise, practise, practise!
I use SCAN (Size, Colour/Characteristics, Angle, Number) and then if its none of them look for rotation, symmetry and so on. There are also special cases like if you see arrows what way and where are they pointing? if its a clock what are the hands doing? After doing them everyday for a week I am starting to get the hang of it and I now notice the patterns without as much difficulty.

Also something to watch out for is that if it is a really simple pattern check that there a second pattern - that happens in the 600Q book all the time. I am not sure if it happens in the real test - maybe someone else can answer that. If there is a second pattern then one of the test shapes will probably be a neither when you think it is Set A/B.

Trust me it definitely gets easier over time. Practise, practise, practise!

I will definitely be using that technique!! :tongue:
How much time have you put in each day to improve in a week, and how long before your test have you started revising??
Thankies :smile:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I will definitely be using that technique!! :tongue:
How much time have you put in each day to improve in a week, and how long before your test have you started revising??
Thankies :smile:

I have my test on 9th September and I have done 2-3 hours a day this week because AR was bothering me so much. From now on I think I will just do 1-2 hours a day.

So far I have been using the 600Q book, the UPO website, and the Passing the UKCAT book.

I have kept the 600Q mock exam, a Kaplan past paper and the UKCAT official practice tests for the last week!
I have my test on 9th September and I have done 2-3 hours a day this week because AR was bothering me so much. From now on I think I will just do 1-2 hours a day.

So far I have been using the 600Q book, the UPO website, and the Passing the UKCAT book.

I have kept the 600Q mock exam, a Kaplan past paper and the UKCAT official practice tests for the last week!

:eek: Mine is on the 31st August and I was planning on starting next week...
Uuumm.. I think I might start now then :tongue:
Thanks (for at least panicking me a bit so I actually do something!)

I think I probably started a bit early - I know most people do 1-2 weeks preparation and do fine. I was planning to do that until I realised how difficult I found the AR at first, panicked a wee bit and started cramming!

From experience I'd start now. That way you at least get an idea of how much work you need to do. I stupidly started wayyyyyyyyyy to late last year and really panicked myself whereas if I started a few weeks before I would've known what to really work on :smile:
Original post by Quackers93
From experience I'd start now. That way you at least get an idea of how much work you need to do. I stupidly started wayyyyyyyyyy to late last year and really panicked myself whereas if I started a few weeks before I would've known what to really work on :smile:

Any tips from someone who has done it? :wink:
Reply 6418
Hey guys, can somebody tell me if A*A*B is a good grade to apply to a medical degree.
Many thanks!
Morning guys, there is definitely something strange about this UKPO....

- I know several people who have paid for one section to get all other sections free
- I also know people who've paid £45... who will now be somewhat annoyed!
-Last night I emailed the company saying it would be good to consider doing a one-week-only package for people with a tighter budget belt...

This was the response I got:
Okay, I'll offer you a special deal: If you use the
customised order link below for 20 pounds
within the next 2 days, you will be given
a password that gives you access to the full
database through to November.

Does this not seem unfair? unprofessional? suspicious?
It's funny because £20 was the deal I suggested...
I wonder if I'd said £5....

hm...

Latest

Trending

Trending