Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulibelle)
    Don't let the 600Q book defeat you!! In my opinion it's much harder for AR and QR than it needs to be...

None of the other materials I've used were that hard.

The practice test in the back of the book is much easier
    YAY I look forward to doing the practice then haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanietbrown)
    Anyone applying for medicine to Oxford or Cambridge?! Have heard there are good tutoring companies who give you mock interviews and stuff for Oxbridge, anyone had any experience?
    My friend got in last year with a tutor from oxbridgemedicine.com and said they were really good! but not really sure if ive got the time! advice?!
    Hey there My aspirations lie for Cambridge, and my friend done one of these and said it was good, but it was nothing you could not train yourself to do, plus it is meant to be expensive, ultimately it's your call

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for medicine to Oxford or Cambridge?! Have heard there are good tutoring companies who give you mock interviews and stuff for Oxbridge, anyone had any experience?
    My friend got in last year with a tutor from oxbridgemedicine.com and said they were really good! but not really sure if ive got the time! advice?!
    Meeeeeeeeee! I haven't done anything about tutors though because my school's pretty good on the whole training-for-interview thing :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    Thats the spirit bro same here, im in a part time job purely to be prepared for the insane cost of graduate medicine

hey how are you? Results in 4 days You are the med forums most inspiriational

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    There seems to be not much disparity anymoar between private and subsidised state education :/ Fees are the same.

hey how are you? Results in 4 days You are the med forums most inspiriational

Oh I see. Future of GEP seems rocky :erm:
    Haha thanks alot man, I try :rolleyes:/ So many people on here are negative regarding peoples chances. If you want it you must try till you get it . Im fine cheers , but as you said results are looming. Pretty nervous but im ok, due to my bad performance i have actually chosen to retake the AS year all together and aim for biomed at kings if i get AAAA this time round. If i get in i should have a decent chance at grad med afterward . So in a way these results don't matter, can't really explain why i am still nervous though . How are you?

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Oh i see so you took AS and A2 all together :yep: I may do the ntensives depending on how it goes.

I hope you do well. You seem quite optimistic:gthumb: I hope grad med survuves :erm:

I am bricking it! Whether I do med or a bunch of sciences I dont [i] really[i] want to to do rests on these results.
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    Haha thanks alot man, I try :rolleyes:/ So many people on here are negative regarding peoples chances. If you want it you must try till you get it . Im fine cheers , but as you said results are looming. Pretty nervous but im ok, due to my bad performance i have actually chosen to retake the AS year all together and aim for biomed at kings if i get AAAA this time round. If i get in i should have a decent chance at grad med afterward . So in a way these results don't matter, can't really explain why i am still nervous though . How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    No problem

Oh i see so you took AS and A2 all together :yep: I may do the ntensives depending on how it goes.

I hope you do well. You seem quite optimistic:gthumb: I hope grad med survuves :erm:

I am bricking it! Whether I do med or a bunch of sciences I dont [i] really[i] want to to do rests on these results.
    haha no i did it the normal way. I have just finished my AS levels and would have been doing my A levels in the second year if i did not mess it up. But i did so i am retaking my AS year (start the two years over again) at a college and will just apply for biomed when i am 19 instead. It sucks but its the only way i guess.

I know a few people who have done the intensives and by the sounds of it I would not be able to handle it. It's really really hard from what i have heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleoleo)
    Depends, what subjects did you get the 2A*S and B ?
    A* in Maths and Chemistry and B in Biology!

ReputationRep:
    How does this sound for what is effectively my 6th year (was in hospital for the exams just there and so couldn't do them), higher human biology, higher psychology and advanced higher music? For medicine? Most scottish uni's tend to just put conditions on the biology if you have all the other necessary sciences, but glasgow want you to do 3 subjects and normally give a condition of 3 B's.

ReputationRep:
    what would be a decent ukcat score with someone with 7A* and rest As for kings and barts???

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdkam)
    what would be a decent ukcat score with someone with 7A* and rest As for kings and barts???

thanks!!
    700+ would do the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    So is anyone going to be taking the BMAT as well?
    Yuuup how exciting....

I'm thinking of Oxford, i'm not too keen on Cambridge (although i have to admit, Downing College was amazing).
    Although, i definitely couldn't afford a tutor...

(Original post by Nator)
    700+ would do the job
    Ooh goodie, i should be alright then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdkam)

thanks!!
    700+ would definitely be safe.

But I know people who have got 650-680 and have had interviews from both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Ooh goodie, i should be alright then
    Good stuff bro Anyone here got 800 yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    700+ would definitely be safe.

But I know people who have got 650-680 and have had interviews from both.
    Well did they get in?

Interview =/= Offer, maybe they were interviewed because they passed a different criteria, then the UKCAT was considered and they didn't get through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Well did they get in?

Interview =/= Offer, maybe they were interviewed because they passed a different criteria, then the UKCAT was considered and they didn't get through.
    IIRC they got an offer from Barts, not Kings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Well did they get in?

Barts rank candidates by UKCAT scores, then interview the best based on that IIRC, so the UKCAT was clearly good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Barts rank candidates by UKCAT scores, then interview the best based on that IIRC, so the UKCAT was clearly good enough.
    I don't know, was just checking haha.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh what's this?

That's right people..

The Medicine Forum Awards 2011 are now open!

/shameless plug :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Oh what's this?

That's right people..

The Medicine Forum Awards 2011 are now open!

/shameless plug :proud:
    Oh Pingu so this is what you were working on :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.