Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulibelle)
    Surely you can't really write much on an A4 whiteboard?!
    I easily fill an A4 page of paper with a BIRO doing a mock test!! How many boards am I gonna go through?!

I hope there's not a limit :eek:
    You will get just one white-board. If you run out of space you will have to rub out the previous work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    ARGHHHHHOMGWTFZOMG

Results day is tomorrow!!! D:
    Ahh relief! I thought I was the only one panickinggg :/

ReputationRep:
    I think I got a B in Chem fml

Can you still apply with AAAB ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohmzz)
    I think I got a B in Chem fml

Can you still apply with AAAB ?
    Wait until you find out for sure tomorrow!

Depends where you apply though, some places want an A in biology or chemistry whereas others want an A in both.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting very worried over my Personal Statement. Have you all completed yours or got a final draft? I've written a lot of ideas down but I'm finding it hard to link them together and talk about myself. I guess I just find it hard to articulate my thoughts. I mean.. I know what I want to say, it's all clear in my head, but then I don't know how to translate it on the page. Plus I'm worried that everyone has already finished their drafts of a perfect PS and I'm lagging behind.

Good luck for tommorow by the way!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope we don't get one of those photographers tomorrow. Of how I hate those people with a passion.
    "No I'm not jumping around so I look like an idiot so you can take a picture".

ReputationRep:
    So, everyone is feeling stressed with UKCAT, results and ps looming, not to mention the BMAT lurking slightly further off...

So here is a musical interlude by way of poetic verse! (melody is subject to personal improvisation)

There once was a fly on the wall

I wonder why didn't it fall

Because its feet stuck

Or was it just luck

Or does gravity miss things so small?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    I really hope we don't get one of those photographers tomorrow. Of how I hate those people with a passion.
    "No I'm not jumping around so I look like an idiot so you can take a picture".
    I wish they'd just take photos of the sobbing people in the corner...

Edit: on second thoughts... that could be me D: Just don't take any photos! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    I wish they'd just take photos of the sobbing people in the corner...

Edit: on second thoughts... that could be me D: Just don't take any photos! XD
    :lol: I've got work experience tomorrow so I'm going to get my results go home, change and off to work depressed or ecstatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    :lol: I've got work experience tomorrow so I'm going to get my results go home, change and off to work depressed or ecstatic.
    I'm going to Morrissons with my friends afterwards :cool:

Seasoned wedges can drown even the greatest of sorrows.

ReputationRep:

I'm home alone so after I come back from work I will go to sleep, catch up on sleep. Then eat... Either in celebration or depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaz51)
    Hey do you mind if I ask ou if you'd applied to Cambridge (Murray Edwards to be specific) last year. Because I get this feeling that I recognise you from somewhere?

Dont worry, you've found yourself a friend now. I havent prepared much either, the smell of failure from last year puts me off from working hard... What unis did you apply to? I had applied to Cambridge, Peninsula, Lecister and Cardiff.
    Sorry, can't say I did (Nearly applied to Downing though but chickened out ) I applied to St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee [ I think I may recognise your name but I'm not too sure ) Unless it was a generic medicine thread? hmm i'm thinking of Cardiff this year

How did you do last year in it? Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to decide whether to work at it or not... Doomsday I keep thinking "well if I don't do any work, then if I do badly I can claim its because I didn't work, rather than trying and doing badly"... its a really bad mind-set :l

I found the raw mark to ums thingy for ocr and I stupidly looked at it :/ Feeling better about some subjects and now terrible about another Oh well, only time will tell...

Where you looking at this year?

ReputationRep:

I like your style :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to wish everyone **GOOD LUCK** for tomorrow!! I think I'm more nervous than the A2's :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erotas)
    Just wanted to wish everyone **GOOD LUCK** for tomorrow!!
    This. Hope everyone gets the grades they want/need!

ReputationRep:
    did my UKCAT yesterday.. I'm hoping the luck'd continue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketeeer)
    did my UKCAT yesterday.. I'm hoping the luck'd continue...
    What did you get?

Best of luck for results day

ReputationRep:
    Got really crap marks feel like ****.
    BIO1 - 80 (A)
    BIO2 - 112 (A)
    BIO3T - 38 (C)
    Overall - 230 (B)

CHEM1- 74 (B)
    CHEM2- 104 (B)
    CHEM3T- 51 (A)
    Overall - 229 (B)

ECON1 - 68 (C)
    ECON2 - 80 (A)
    Overall - 148 (B)

PHYA1 - 88 (B)
    PHYA2 - 82 (C)
    PHYA3X - 28 (E)
    Overall - 198 (c)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Sorry, can't say I did (Nearly applied to Downing though but chickened out ) I applied to St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee [ I think I may recognise your name but I'm not too sure ) Unless it was a generic medicine thread? hmm i'm thinking of Cardiff this year

How did you do last year in it? Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to decide whether to work at it or not... Doomsday I keep thinking "well if I don't do any work, then if I do badly I can claim its because I didn't work, rather than trying and doing badly"... its a really bad mind-set :l

I found the raw mark to ums thingy for ocr and I stupidly looked at it :/ Feeling better about some subjects and now terrible about another Oh well, only time will tell...

Where you looking at this year?

I failed my a-levels (by potential medical student standard), got A*AB in maths, chemistry and biology respectively. I do not think I will apply to medicine anymore. I am glad I hadnt prepared for UKCAT test (not really though). I have no idea what to do next in my life.

If you dont mind, could you tell me your grades once you get them. Good-luck, I would be pleased if you stayed on to study medicine. Being a doctor was my only dream and now the dream has shattered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaz51)
    I failed my a-levels (by potential medical student standard), got A*AB in maths, chemistry and biology respectively. I do not think I will apply to medicine anymore. I am glad I hadnt prepared for UKCAT test (not really though). I have no idea what to do next in my life.

If you dont mind, could you tell me your grades once you get them. Good-luck, I would be pleased if you stayed on to study medicine. Being a doctor was my only dream and now the dream has shattered.
    You can still apply to Brighton with those grades for Medicine

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.