The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6520
Original post by Loulibelle
Surely you can't really write much on an A4 whiteboard?!
I easily fill an A4 page of paper with a BIRO doing a mock test!! How many boards am I gonna go through?!

I hope there's not a limit :eek:

You will get just one white-board. If you run out of space you will have to rub out the previous work!
Reply 6521
Original post by EternalDoom
ARGHHHHHOMGWTFZOMG

Results day is tomorrow!!! D:

Ahh relief! I thought I was the only one panickinggg :/
Reply 6522
I think I got a B in Chem fml

Can you still apply with AAAB ?
Original post by Ohmzz
I think I got a B in Chem fml

Can you still apply with AAAB ?

Wait until you find out for sure tomorrow! :tongue:

Depends where you apply though, some places want an A in biology or chemistry whereas others want an A in both.
Reply 6524
I'm getting very worried over my Personal Statement. Have you all completed yours or got a final draft? I've written a lot of ideas down but I'm finding it hard to link them together and talk about myself. I guess I just find it hard to articulate my thoughts. I mean.. I know what I want to say, it's all clear in my head, but then I don't know how to translate it on the page. Plus I'm worried that everyone has already finished their drafts of a perfect PS and I'm lagging behind.

Good luck for tommorow by the way!
Reply 6525
I really hope we don't get one of those photographers tomorrow. Of how I hate those people with a passion.
"No I'm not jumping around so I look like an idiot so you can take a picture".
So, everyone is feeling stressed with UKCAT, results and ps looming, not to mention the BMAT lurking slightly further off...

So here is a musical interlude by way of poetic verse! (melody is subject to personal improvisation)

There once was a fly on the wall

I wonder why didn't it fall

Because its feet stuck

Or was it just luck

Or does gravity miss things so small?

:tongue:
Original post by Besakt
I really hope we don't get one of those photographers tomorrow. Of how I hate those people with a passion.
"No I'm not jumping around so I look like an idiot so you can take a picture".

I wish they'd just take photos of the sobbing people in the corner...:colone:

Edit: on second thoughts... that could be me D: Just don't take any photos! XD
Reply 6528
Original post by Joseppea
I wish they'd just take photos of the sobbing people in the corner...:colone:

Edit: on second thoughts... that could be me D: Just don't take any photos! XD

:lol: I've got work experience tomorrow so I'm going to get my results go home, change and off to work depressed or ecstatic.
Original post by Besakt
:lol: I've got work experience tomorrow so I'm going to get my results go home, change and off to work depressed or ecstatic.

I'm going to Morrissons with my friends afterwards :cool:

Seasoned wedges can drown even the greatest of sorrows. :biggrin:
Reply 6530

I'm home alone so after I come back from work I will go to sleep, catch up on sleep. Then eat..:biggrin:. Either in celebration or depression.
Original post by Shaz51
Hey do you mind if I ask ou if you'd applied to Cambridge (Murray Edwards to be specific) last year. Because I get this feeling that I recognise you from somewhere?

Dont worry, you've found yourself a friend now. I havent prepared much either, the smell of failure from last year puts me off from working hard... What unis did you apply to? I had applied to Cambridge, Peninsula, Lecister and Cardiff.

Sorry, can't say I did (Nearly applied to Downing though but chickened out :tongue:) I applied to St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee [ I think I may recognise your name but I'm not too sure :tongue:) Unless it was a generic medicine thread? hmm i'm thinking of Cardiff this year :smile:

How did you do last year in it? Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to decide whether to work at it or not... Doomsday :frown: I keep thinking "well if I don't do any work, then if I do badly I can claim its because I didn't work, rather than trying and doing badly"... its a really bad mind-set :l

I found the raw mark to ums thingy for ocr and I stupidly looked at it :/ Feeling better about some subjects and now terrible about another :frown: Oh well, only time will tell... :tongue:

Where you looking at this year? :smile:

I like your style :cool:
Reply 6533
Just wanted to wish everyone **GOOD LUCK** for tomorrow!! I think I'm more nervous than the A2's :L
Original post by Erotas

Original post by Erotas
Just wanted to wish everyone **GOOD LUCK** for tomorrow!!

This. Hope everyone gets the grades they want/need!
did my UKCAT yesterday.. I'm hoping the luck'd continue... :biggrin:
Original post by Rocketeeer
did my UKCAT yesterday.. I'm hoping the luck'd continue... :biggrin:

What did you get? :smile:

Best of luck for results day :biggrin:
Reply 6537
Got really crap marks feel like ****.
BIO1 - 80 (A)
BIO2 - 112 (A)
BIO3T - 38 (C)
Overall - 230 (B)

CHEM1- 74 (B)
CHEM2- 104 (B)
CHEM3T- 51 (A)
Overall - 229 (B)

ECON1 - 68 (C)
ECON2 - 80 (A)
Overall - 148 (B)

PHYA1 - 88 (B)
PHYA2 - 82 (C)
PHYA3X - 28 (E)
Overall - 198 (c)
Reply 6538
Original post by Quackers93
Sorry, can't say I did (Nearly applied to Downing though but chickened out :tongue:) I applied to St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee [ I think I may recognise your name but I'm not too sure :tongue:) Unless it was a generic medicine thread? hmm i'm thinking of Cardiff this year :smile:

How did you do last year in it? Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to decide whether to work at it or not... Doomsday :frown: I keep thinking "well if I don't do any work, then if I do badly I can claim its because I didn't work, rather than trying and doing badly"... its a really bad mind-set :l

I found the raw mark to ums thingy for ocr and I stupidly looked at it :/ Feeling better about some subjects and now terrible about another :frown: Oh well, only time will tell... :tongue:

Where you looking at this year? :smile:

I failed my a-levels (by potential medical student standard), got A*AB in maths, chemistry and biology respectively. I do not think I will apply to medicine anymore. :frown: I am glad I hadnt prepared for UKCAT test (not really though). I have no idea what to do next in my life.

If you dont mind, could you tell me your grades once you get them. Good-luck, I would be pleased if you stayed on to study medicine. Being a doctor was my only dream and now the dream has shattered. :frown:
Reply 6539
Original post by Shaz51
I failed my a-levels (by potential medical student standard), got A*AB in maths, chemistry and biology respectively. I do not think I will apply to medicine anymore. :frown: I am glad I hadnt prepared for UKCAT test (not really though). I have no idea what to do next in my life.

If you dont mind, could you tell me your grades once you get them. Good-luck, I would be pleased if you stayed on to study medicine. Being a doctor was my only dream and now the dream has shattered. :frown:

You can still apply to Brighton with those grades for Medicine

Latest

Trending

Trending