Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I got 40/65 on the Kaplan AR, not sure what score out of 900 that is but I think you could compare?
    thats 669

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsrayray:))
    Well yes they do but do you think there is no chance you'll be predicted that? If you explain and show how much harder you'll work to your teachers
    but dont our AS grades have to be declared now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman1)
    but dont our AS grades have to be declared now?
    I thought it was only if your school or college cashed them in. If they didnt then you can just put them as pending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman1)
    but dont unis look at predicted grades n they would be expecting AAA
    i got the relevant work experience n volunteering in a care home its sad its ended this way
    Dont give upp!

i got **** grades... abcc.. and im still trying, all you have to do is convince your teachers you can get AAA, unis do see your grades but leeds leciester sheffield etc dont actually care as long as youve got the predicted grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsrayray:))
    I thought it was only if your school or college cashed them in. If they didnt then you can just put them as pending?
    For 2012 they have to be cashed in and declared if you go to a state sixth form.. only public schools still have the option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeypanic)
    OMG. That's amazing, well done you! Have you got any tips for QR? I spent most of yesterday crying as am averaging 370 on this section (others in mid 700s). I've got the UPO online stuff and the 600Q book but the book is too hard for me to do. Any help at all would be SO gladly received. And well done again!! Where u applying? Did you do math A level? x
    Ok ermm in answer to you ... no I didn't take Maths :P ... ermm and I'm only really definite about applying to newcastle at the moment... and Thanks
    about QR honestly I had no technique.. just going to tell you the exam is far far easier... and just aim to get the ones you do answer right... I guessed about half of them since I didn't have time, but i'm pretty sure the ones i did answer I got right

(Original post by Loulibelle)
    That's Amazing!! Well done!! I would CRY with joy if I got that!!!

I should be so lucky

Anyway... I don't think there's much more I can do. I'll do a QR mock tomorrow but apart from that I think I'm going to call it quits.

I think I will perform better if I'm relaxed
    agreed I stopped 2 days before.. just gave my brain a break GOOD LUCK... and where abouts are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    For 2012 they have to be cashed in and declared if you go to a state sixth form.. only public schools still have the option
    Oh right thanks for clarifying that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godin_D)
    Ok ermm in answer to you ... no I didn't take Maths :P ... ermm and I'm only really definite about applying to newcastle at the moment... and Thanks
    about QR honestly I had no technique.. just going to tell you the exam is far far easier... and just aim to get the ones you do answer right... I guessed about half of them since I didn't have time, but i'm pretty sure the ones i did answer I got right

agreed I stopped 2 days before.. just gave my brain a break GOOD LUCK... and where abouts are you thinking of applying?
    UCL, King's, BSMS and Bristol, though that's subject to change according to my UKCAT score ...

Worried that my B in As chemistry will prevent me standing a chance at UCL and King's though

we'll see, only time will tell
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godin_D)
    x
    Do you support Atletico or Uruguay by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Okay AS I got:

Biology - A

Chemistry - A

Maths - A

RE - B

Crit thinking - B

GCSEs: 3A* 7A B

UKCAT: 682.5

My favourite was sheffield - but due to ukcat my dreams are dashed
    Still looking at nottingham and newcastle and leeds - could anyone tell me if this is a good idea and anywhere else I have a strong chance of getting into.

I know of course other factors come into account, I've got enough work experience and the personal statement is coming along

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsNorthman)
    My favourite was sheffield - but due to ukcat my dreams are dashed
    Still looking at nottingham and newcastle and leeds - could anyone tell me if this is a good idea and anywhere else I have a strong chance of getting into.

I know of course other factors come into account, I've got enough work experience and the personal statement is coming along

Thanksss
    I think nottingham and leeds you could go ahead with be careful with newcastle though, they have a pretty high UKCAT cutt off.

ReputationRep:
    which university, oxford or cambridge, have a greater emphasis on bmat ?

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT tomorrow... going to puke.

:eek:

ReputationRep:

It's not nearly as bad as you think it will be... well, except for VR O_O

ReputationRep:

You'll be fine I was same as you when I did it last year but it honestly isnt as bad as you think it'll be.

Here's a tip that apprently helps you to calm down; before going in to do the exam take a deep breath and as you breathe out smile. It apprently tricks your brain into thinking your happy so helps calm you My dad told me day of one of my exams, me and my friends tried it before opening the paper and it made 4/5 of us actually feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    You'll be fine I was same as you when I did it last year but it honestly isnt as bad as you think it'll be.

Here's a tip that apprently helps you to calm down; before going in to do the exam take a deep breath and as you breathe out smile. It apprently tricks your brain into thinking your happy so helps calm you My dad told me day of one of my exams, me and my friends tried it before opening the paper and it made 4/5 of us actually feel better
    Thanks for that... I will be breathing and smiling all day!!

I've been scoring so badly on the practices

we'll see... nothing I can do about it now anyway!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, i wanted to ask what grade is considered a fail? I Also really like sheffield, i got a UKCAT score of 630 which i was very disappointed about, is there any point in applying to sheffield??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by anikap)
    hi guys, i wanted to ask what grade is considered a fail? I Also really like sheffield, i got a UKCAT score of 630 which i was very disappointed about, is there any point in applying to sheffield??
    You have a very slim chance there. Sorry to have to be so blunt but you shouldn't use up one of the four medicine choices you have on Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    I think nottingham and leeds you could go ahead with be careful with newcastle though, they have a pretty high UKCAT cutt off.
    Okay, thanks. Do you know what their requirements are for the UKCAT? Or have any figures from previous years? Can't seem to find information anywhere :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anikap)
    Yeah, unfortunately their cut off last year was 2870, and this year will be in excess of 2800. Your score comes to 2520, so it's extremely risky/unlikely to be honest.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.