Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey does kings accept resits of AS modules ? Resitting within the 2 years?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aqua05)
    hey does kings accept resits of AS modules ?
    AFAIK, as long all your modules are taken within 2 years, resitting AS modules should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsNorthman)
    Okay, thanks. Do you know what their requirements are for the UKCAT? Or have any figures from previous years? Can't seem to find information anywhere :L
    By cut of score of last year's UKCAT then:

Leeds - About 300

Newcastle - 675

Nottingham - About 300
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)

Leeds - About 300

Newcastle - 675

Nottingham - About 300
    This can't be true. The dean of Nottingham invented the UKCAT and therefore having a UKCAT cut off of 300 is impossible. I believe it will have been high 600 to low 700 as a cut-off for them. Leeds will be somewhere in the mid to high 600s as well I believe.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Okay, thanks. Do you know what their requirements are for the UKCAT? Or have any figures from previous years? Can't seem to find information anywhere :L

(Original post by SylveeDiggs)

Leeds - About 300

Newcastle - 675

Nottingham - About 300

(Original post by Kyalimers)
    This can't be true. The dean of Nottingham invented the UKCAT and therefore having a UKCAT cut off of 300 is impossible. I believe it will have been high 600 to low 700 as a cut-off for them. Leeds will be somewhere in the mid to high 600s as well I believe.

My program was only to be used as a guide to applying. Not as a reference manual. Nottingham and Leeds, and several other universities did not publicize their cutoffs but required the UKCAT to be taken, thus the "300", the minimum score you can attain if you took it.

To the OP, Leeds uses a scoring system. If you get over 700, you get 1 bonus point. If not, 0 points. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Neither Leeds or Nottingham use a cut off, Nottingham incorporates the score along with GCSEs, PS and other things to rank candidates and then interview, whereas Leeds also uses a scoring system, but the only use of UKCAT is +1 point if average is over 700.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Neither Leeds or Nottingham use a cut off, Nottingham incorporates the score along with GCSEs, PS and other things to rank candidates and then interview, whereas Leeds also uses a scoring system, but the only use of UKCAT is +1 point if average is over 700.
    Hence the 'I believe' because I was merely pointing out it was not 300. Either way, I doubt anyone with a UKCAT below 650 will find it easy to get into either university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)

My program was only to be used as a guide to applying. Not as a reference manual. Nottingham and Leeds, and several other universities did not publicize their cutoffs but required the UKCAT to be taken, thus the "300", the minimum score you can attain if you took it.

To the OP, Leeds uses a scoring system. If you get over 700, you get 1 bonus point. If not, 0 points. Simple as that.

My bad I must have gotten confused.

ReputationRep:
    Hence the 'I believe' because I was merely pointing out it was not 300. Either way, I doubt anyone with a UKCAT below 650 will find it easy to get into either university.
    So with a score of 682.5 I should be ok with both universities?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    So with a score of 682.5 I should be ok with both universities?
    I can't say that for certain either. It's definitely a good UKCAT score, but it will be of no benefit for Leeds in getting you that +1 point for a score above 700.

Nottingham's UKCAT is probably (and this is just my opinion) around that mark so the rest of your application will also be crucial I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    I might cry with relief when today is over! I just want it OVER!!!

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Loulibelle)
    I might cry with relief when today is over! I just want it OVER!!!

Good luck!

Let us know how you get on :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Good luck!

Let us know how you get on :crossedf:
    Thanks all I can do now is pray!! x

ReputationRep:
    645... yes I want to kill myself

Can anyone tell me any uni's which might accept such a terrible score? (apart from BSMS)

ReputationRep:

Can anyone tell me any uni's which might accept such a terrible score? (apart from BSMS)
    I won't waste my breath talking about how terrible it is
    It's above average

Leeds Liverpool brummy Bristol put little/no emphasis on UKCAT
    Which section did u mess up on. VR?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

A lot of them will. 645 is NOT a terrible score. You can try applying to universities like Leeds which have very little weighting on the UKCAT.

Enter your UKCAT into this program and it will tell you where you are eligible to apply for with that score. That should help you narrow things down.

ReputationRep:

Don't worry! Like the others have said, it's not a bad score. Try looking into Liverpool/Lancs, Leeds, HYMS - PS heavy unis essentially.

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT yesterday and got 717.5 average. Will I be okay applying to Kings, Newcastle, and Leicester? Research tells me I should be fine but I don't want to be missing anything. Also which unis put more emphasis on the UKCAT from Southampton and Nottingham?

Finally I got 560 for VR. Will this affect my application even though I've got above 800 for DA and AR and 700 for QR?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polar Dude)
    I won't waste my breath talking about how terrible it is
    It's above average

Leeds Liverpool brummy Bristol put little/no emphasis on UKCAT
    Which section did u mess up on. VR?
    All of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erotas)
    Did my UKCAT yesterday and got 717.5 average. Will I be okay applying to Kings, Newcastle, and Leicester? Research tells me I should be fine but I don't want to be missing anything. Also which unis put more emphasis on the UKCAT from Southampton and Nottingham?

Finally I got 560 for VR. Will this affect my application even though I've got above 800 for DA and AR and 700 for QR?

Thanks!
    Well done! I've researched every medical school in england and with that score you are fine with kings, leciester
    Newcastle? There's a lot of speculation, I'm not too sure

How was DA? Was it easier than 600Q official PT, Kaplan?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.