Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdunni)
    I cried and he still wasnt moved!
    I'm going to talk to other teachers tomorrow and see what they say, like everyone in my school knows I want to do medicine and knows how dedicated I am. Its so frustrating eurghhh
    Reapplying with the acheived A2s would mean have a gap year then apply?
    If they still won't predict it, try getting your parents involved. Odds are your teachers will hate to be kicking up such a fuss so it may work in your favour if nothing else works.
    Also yes it would mean reapplying next year for 2013 entry.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    Can someone just confirm that posting my personal statement to be reviewed will not result in me being caught for plagiarism?

Thanks
    That's correct.

All PS Helpers have to be either at university or graduated from university. In the instance of when people go for graduate entry courses (ie GEM) they are removed from the group until their application is complete.

If anyone is found to be abusing their position as a PS Helper then they are immediately removed from the group and legal action can be taken if appropriate.

Sounds threatening because it is. PS plagiarising is a matter we take very seriously :yep:

You'll be glad to know that I've never heard of anyone having to be forcefully removed so the system is working :yy:

(Original post by missdunni)
    I cried and he still wasnt moved!
    I'm going to talk to other teachers tomorrow and see what they say, like everyone in my school knows I want to do medicine and knows how dedicated I am. Its so frustrating eurghhh
    Reapplying with the acheived A2s would mean have a gap year then apply?
    Yes, talk to other teachers and headmaster if need be :sadnod:

Reapplying with the grades would mean applying whilst on your gap year. It's not ideal but it's an option

(Original post by ssss)
    Oh right I see! I thought that was obligatory on the UCAS form for any university? UCAS won't let me save just the grade without putting the unit grade information anyway! :confused:
    I'm pretty sure it's not obligatory, but I usually say people should enter those details anyway :yep:
    Might as well put them in!

ReputationRep:
    if you get predicted A* for alevel will any medical unis then increase their conditional offer to A*AA? reply asap please
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by DoaaK)
    if you get predicted A* for alevel will any medical unis then increase their conditional offer to A*AA? reply asap please
    Edit: Apparently some universities do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    No they wont.
    Seeing as Peninsula say their conditional offers are A*AA-AAA, I would assume they will. Not sure about others however
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Seeing as Peninsula say their conditional offers are A*AA-AAA, I would assume they will. Not sure about others however
    Hmm.. Alright. Thanks for the heads up.

ReputationRep:
    woo okay so finally ukcat out the way .
    Happy with wat i achieved becasue i was honestly expecting aroun 550, it was soooo much easier than the practices!
    VR 620
    QR 690
    AR 640
    DA 810

Overall 2760
    Average 690

With 8.5 A* and 5 A GCSE
    As Levels:
    3A (chemistry, Biology, History) - dropping History
    B (maths) will resit in january
    Welsh BAc as well

fingers crossed with a good ps
    do I have a good chance of getting an interview at St Georges and Nottingham . Also thinking of imperial and bristol/liverpool
    what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    woo okay so finally ukcat out the way .
    Happy with wat i achieved becasue i was honestly expecting aroun 550, it was soooo much easier than the practices!
    VR 620
    QR 690
    AR 640
    DA 810

Overall 2760
    Average 690

With 8.5 A* and 5 A GCSE
    As Levels:
    3A (chemistry, Biology, History) - dropping History
    B (maths) will resit in january
    Welsh BAc as well

fingers crossed with a good ps
    do I have a good chance of getting an interview at St Georges and Nottingham . Also thinking of imperial and bristol/liverpool
    what do u think?
    You stand a great chance so long as your personal statement and reference are top notch, try and talk to the teacher doing your reference and ask them to put in a good word! Also for the interview try and get your hands on some student BMJ magazines etc!

ReputationRep:
    Will universities look at predicted grades for A-level more than your actual AS's ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maemg)
    Will universities look at predicted grades for A-level more than your actual AS's ?!
    They use both in conjunction to assess your application, but in terms of deciding whether you will meet their entry requirements or not (and thus progress on to the next stage of selection before interview), they'll mostly us your predicted A level grades.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by maemg)
    Yes, but obviously, if your ASs were too poor (BCD), then it will be hard to believe an A*AA prediction.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I think i might be predicted A*A*A hope that will help, i might have to plea a bit for chemistry but i think he'll give over!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by maemg)
    Thanks I think i might be predicted A*A*A hope that will help, i might have to plea a bit for chemistry but i think he'll give over!
    Some universities like Birmingham have started to place more emphasis on AS scores tho. Just warning you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maemg)
    You stand a great chance so long as your personal statement and reference are top notch, try and talk to the teacher doing your reference and ask them to put in a good word! Also for the interview try and get your hands on some student BMJ magazines etc!
    Do you know where I can get hold of student BMJ magazines?? Is there like a monthly subscription for them? or should I go to the library?

ReputationRep:
    You can have a monthly subscription and have it delivered to your house, or you can read it online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem_ipsum)
    Is anyone going on any courses to help with application?
    I went on a PreMed course in London last Saturday - was interesting and have mentioned it in my personal statement which looks good but much of the info they gave us was stuff you could have got off the internet! Learning how to suture was great though

ReputationRep:
    Is there any point in doing a fourth subject for A2?

ReputationRep:
    not if you struggle to get top grades in the main three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffron)
    Do you know where I can get hold of student BMJ magazines?? Is there like a monthly subscription for them? or should I go to the library?
    you could ask the doctors you did work expierience with if they could lend you some or any medical students that you know, the bbc health section is pretty good that's were some uni's take articles from because they're not to complicated but are still pretty informative
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sailingslipelick)
    Nope, Ums is only necessary for Cambridge.
    Even with a below average BMAT your academics will probably get you into Cambridge. Well done on those!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.