Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    Southampton clinched the last place. And thanks for bursting my bubble
    Ah fair enough.. and only burst it since you'll only end up addicted to checking track!

Top tip: blackberries etc send e-mails about UCAS track updates to your phone so if you've got one of them or can get e-mail on your phone then it makes things so much better :awesome:

(Original post by Normandy114)
    Sent UCAS to my school to add the references on Monday, still waiting atm. I just want it sent!
    Give them a nudge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Ah fair enough.. and only burst it since you'll only end up addicted to checking track!

Top tip: blackberries etc send e-mails about UCAS track updates to your phone so if you've got one of them or can get e-mail on your phone then it makes things so much better :awesome:
    Yep I'm definitely the constantly checking track type. I've got a galaxy s2 and already check my emails all the time at break etc so that's good.
    So scared now :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:

Give them a nudge?
    Need to get myself an iPhone, I still have a nokia brick. :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    Yep I'm definitely the constantly checking track type. I've got a galaxy s2 and already check my emails all the time at break etc so that's good.
    So scared now :ahhhhh:
    Ahh well good luck and learn to relax/become more obsessed with tsr :awesome:

Nothing to do now but wait :console:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Need to get myself an iPhone, I still have a nokia brick. :cool:
    Has there ever been a better excuse?

ReputationRep:

Plenty of school work to get on with, you should know by now that I'm not the relaxing type :ahee:
    And I'll be keeping the stalking page in order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maemg)
    some uni's say that they dont like people resitting modules e.g. Dundee. but if i resat any A2 or AS modules during my final A-level year at school and then that september(2012) i reapply, I would only put down my resit modules if theyre better. How could a uni know if you've resat any modules from your UCAS form.

I hope that makes sense to you?
    Well if you resit A2 january modules in summer, then I don't really think there is a way for unis to know. Tbh I don't know too much about resits, but I don't see how they would know. But if you were to resit modules when reapplying then the final A level qualification would be June 2013, so it would be obvious that you took more than two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    After sending off my form, I'm thinking of your username again

ReputationRep:

Has there ever been a better excuse?
    :lol: My dad promised me an iPhone when I got my GCSEs as a present for doing well, it never happened. So I started buying and selling phones myself including iPhones, never really so the appeal in getting an iPhone I've grown attached to my brick. But I think it's time to move on, I'll see what apple comes out with on tuesday and might buy one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    After sending off my form, I'm thinking of your username again
    That comment made me read her username again, I always thought it said "ohello" :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well if you resit A2 january modules in summer, then I don't really think there is a way for unis to know. Tbh I don't know too much about resits, but I don't see how they would know. But if you were to resit modules when reapplying then the final A level qualification would be June 2013, so it would be obvious that you took more than two years.
    Yea, I dont plan on spending more than the 2 years getting AAA or above so thats alright then, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    That comment made me read her username again, I always thought it said "ohello" :eek:
    :rofl: Very different meaning
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    Plenty of school work to get on with, you should know by now that I'm not the relaxing type :ahee:
    And I'll be keeping the stalking page in order
    I always assumed working WAS your relaxing

Excellent! I'm always around if you need me for telling people off/sorting issues etc but I have no free time atm.. this PBL isn't doing itself and haven't written up lecture notes yet.. so I really appreciate what you and the others are doing :yep:

:lol: My dad promised me an iPhone when I got my GCSEs as a present for doing well, it never happened. So I started buying and selling phones myself including iPhones, never really so the appeal in getting an iPhone I've grown attached to my brick. But I think it's time to move on, I'll see what apple comes out with on tuesday and might buy one.
    Fair enough, if you love your brick then keep that

ReputationRep:
    I always assumed working WAS your relaxing

Excellent! I'm always around if you need me for telling people off/sorting issues etc but I have no free time atm.. this PBL isn't doing itself and haven't written up lecture notes yet.. so I really appreciate what you and the others are doing :yep:
    You know me well.
    I'll let you know if you're needed to unleash some :mwuaha: power

ReputationRep:
    if i've taken an AS level at one center (my secondary school) and then retook it at another center (my sixth form) and i intend to keep the new result, do i have to put the old result in, eventhough i technically retook it at the sixth form?

and if i've taken lessons at one college but took the exams at my secondary school, do i put the AS level gained as under the secondary school or the college?

ahhhhh damn maths and critical thinking issues!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, General Studies (we only study it an hour each week) and Graphics (dropping graphics as soon as possible, soooo much pointless bookwork -.-)

I've only really looked at the UEA so far, which would be my favourite choice
    where abouts in the uae and is the course in english ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05mimmie)
    LOL no, UEA, Univeristy of East Anglia, it's in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05mimmie)
    :facepalm: Easy mistake to make I guess...

LOL no, UEA, Univeristy of East Anglia, it's in England.
    Maybe that's why more and more people are referring to it as Norwich Medical School nowadays (That and the fact that that's actually its name now )

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone knows how SSCs and electives are allocated (by academic performance or recommendation from professors)? Are they guaranteed for every student?
    Sorry if this has been covered before!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by runawayxtrain)
    Hi, anyone knows how SSCs and electives are allocated (by academic performance or recommendation from professors)? Are they guaranteed for every student?
    Sorry if this has been covered before!
    Depends where you go and what SSC you apply for.

Later on this year I will apply for SSC's by choosing 4 at a time, might not get my first choice, might not get my second.. but I will get something :yep:
    Some SSCs at BL are allocated by interview, not sure about the rest..

Can't help about electives yet I'm afraid but those are a fair bit away for you and I yet!

ReputationRep:
    I have now officially been invited to my first interview, this is going by so fast!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.