Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    Mine was officially sent Friday! Just waiting for acknowledgement from all the unis now!!
    Woah, that's the weirdest fifth choice I have ever seen

ReputationRep:
    Sooo happy with my school reference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Woah, that's the weirdest fifth choice I have ever seen
    :lol: I literally had no idea what to pick, I wasn't really feeling biochemistry/biomedicalsciences etc and I like maths! Though if it comes to the worst, and I only get that one offer for maths, I'll probably end up taking a year out anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Sooo happy with my school reference!
    were you shown yours? Mine was just sent without me seeing it apart from my predicted grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    were you shown yours? Mine was just sent without me seeing it apart from my predicted grades!
    Not shown word for word but I sat down with my tutor and he just told me the gist of what was mentioned Yeah we got our predicted grades too but sure everyone does

ReputationRep:
    I have a meeting with school tomorrow..so my application will be in by Friday!
    The closer it gets the more pessimistic I feel about it!! Decided to find some more people going through this as well

I've seen my reference word for word as it currently is, though it won't be fully finished for another day or so. I sat down with my tutor, she showed the current reference and I gave her a printout of what the med schools said they were looking for in the reference. Which is better than the other students in my year..whos form teacher hasn't written the references yet!!! Unbelievable.....

ReputationRep:
    Going for Cambridge & Manchester, 10 days to go and haven't picked my other two yet... And my PS is not up to schedule. Need to move fast the next two days...

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off the other day (: Really happy with my school reference, my head of sixth form has really gone to town <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    School has sent my application to UCAS, in 48 hours time universities will have it, and I've officially applied for medicine!
    :woo:
    Same :eek: I feel a little bit sick.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm just lucky enough to get interviewed :bl:

ReputationRep:
    Please, need some help!!!
    GCSEs: 9 A*'s

AS grades:
    Biology C
    Chemistry B
    Maths A
    Psychology A

Predicted A* AAA
    UKCAT 610

Do I have a chance at medicine????
    Hoping to apply:
    Keele, Peninsula, KCL, Leeds?
    Please any help!

Thank you !
    xx

ReputationRep:
    They ran out of good things to write for my reference So they're a paragraph short :sad:

ReputationRep:
    hate how biased edinburgh is towards scottish students!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Quick question. Is my criminal reference ''Undeclared'' on UCAS if I have not had any criminal convictions in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    Hey guys! Quick question. Is my criminal reference ''Undeclared'' on UCAS if I have not had any criminal convictions in the past?
    Yes don't worry, I thought the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! If I had a bad experience while working in a GP clinic, should I put it into my ps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runawayxtrain)
    Hi guys! If I had a bad experience while working in a GP clinic, should I put it into my ps?
    When i was on work experience i got shouted at by a patient whos nearly killed themself the night before from alcohol abuse. She complained that i wasnt paying attention to the doctor who was talking to us about her. The doctor backed me up though because i was the only one in our group who took notes during the week Its funny though because when we walked into her room in ICU she gave me a really bad look which i thought was a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maemg)
    When i was on work experience i got shouted at by a patient whos nearly killed themself the night before from alcohol abuse. She complained that i wasnt paying attention to the doctor who was talking to us about her. The doctor backed me up though because i was the only one in our group who took notes during the week Its funny though because when we walked into her room in ICU she gave me a really bad look which i thought was a bit weird
    Haha that was funny! I'm glad you survived it then Actually what I was talking about was unethical deeds I witnessed. Worse of all, the GP was from the school that I am about to apply to (of course I wouldn't mention it ) It was quite serious, and such an allegation would not get me far with the admissions panel I guess? I'm really not sure :/

ReputationRep:
    Yea I wouldn't mention it, you should probably report it to the GMC or discuss it with another doctor, it would be a good learning experience and could help you indirectly at interview as the interviewers might give you a scenario or something and ask what you think of it.

ReputationRep:
    It does say 'location: Singapore', so I'm not sure how relevant the GMC would be in this case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.