Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliHudson)
    oh nice! have you sent it all off now? yeah BMAT is so hard, i havent done any human biology so i really struggle on those questions! yeah i gave up driving, ive doing it nearly a year and im rubbish! haha and i dont have very much time anymore! haha
    Yeah, sent it off last week I think. It's solid But I'm finding physics really hard as I don't do it for AS or A2. Haha, I'm trying to stick through it but I've basically given up everything else as I simply don't have time anymore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infintywhirls)
    Yeah, sent it off last week I think. It's solid But I'm finding physics really hard as I don't do it for AS or A2. Haha, I'm trying to stick through it but I've basically given up everything else as I simply don't have time anymore!
    yeah the physics is literally just the AS physics i did so i guess that would be hard. i am finding suddenly there is SO much to dooooo. yeah i am going to try and do it by the time i go to uni at least! haha

ReputationRep:
    need some advice where to apply and what my chances are

GCSES - 6 A*s 3 As 1 C ( yh i know i hate French)

AS - A - CHEM A - BIO A - GEOG B - ECON (resitting in jan to get A, but will this help)

A2 predictions - A*AA

UKCAT - 612.5 ( I know poor )

Voluntary - special needs school, hospital, primary school , special needs sports

Work exp - Pathology lab, GP surgery , Orthopaedic and trauma adult, paediatric orthopaedic, anesthesilogist. Was able to go in to theatre

thinking of applying

Liverpool
    St Georges
    Bristol
    Keele/Leeds

What do you think my chances of getting an interview or place with my choices, general advice would be great too.

My personal statement is coming a long well too

reeeeealllly would appreciate some help and advice and feed bac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hak123)
    need some advice where to apply and what my chances are

GCSES - 6 A*s 3 As 1 C ( yh i know i hate French)

AS - A - CHEM A - BIO A - GEOG B - ECON (resitting in jan to get A, but will this help)

A2 predictions - A*AA

UKCAT - 612.5 ( I know poor )

Voluntary - special needs school, hospital, primary school , special needs sports

Work exp - Pathology lab, GP surgery , Orthopaedic and trauma adult, paediatric orthopaedic, anesthesilogist. Was able to go in to theatre

thinking of applying

Liverpool
    St Georges
    Bristol
    Keele/Leeds

What do you think my chances of getting an interview or place with my choices, general advice would be great too.

My personal statement is coming a long well too

reeeeealllly would appreciate some help and advice and feed bac
    Keele sounds like a good choice (I'm applying there so I've researched it more extensively than the others.)

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am officially going to stalk this thread!!

I applied for southampton, aberdeen, bristol and liverpool.
    International graduate but applying for A100 and not GEP.
    Ukcat 637.5
    2 yrs of hospital internship and did volunteer work on my own.

Nice to meet you guys!!

ReputationRep:
    My tutor is saying that there is not enough information in my personal statement regarding my academics and A level subjects.

I'm slightly confused as i've written a lot about work experience/voluntary work together with my extra curricular activities with a paragraph in what interests me about medicine.

Surely all Medicine applicants are going to have the same academic standards so little information in personal statement is needed?

Any help appreciated
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ryaaaaannnnn)
    My tutor is saying that there is not enough information in my personal statement regarding my academics and A level subjects.

I'm slightly confused as i've written a lot about work experience/voluntary work together with my extra curricular activities with a paragraph in what interests me about medicine.

Surely all Medicine applicants are going to have the same academic standards so little information in personal statement is needed?

Any help appreciated
    A wise applicant :top:

Most of the time when people talk about academics in their PS it's wasted characters as it's all obvious stuff that does not sell you at all. Use those characters to expand and reflect on your work experience instead and be stubborn against your teachers advice. They don't know what they're doing in that they probably will never have applied to medicine and certainly won't have done so with the current requirements and admissions process.

Don't waste characters on unnecessary academics :noway:

ReputationRep:
    First post here :O. But sent off UCAS today . Now the waiting games begin

ReputationRep:
    My college fiiiinnnaaaally sent off my UCAS today!!
    SO EXCITED!!

ReputationRep:
    I am sending off ucas tomorrow!!!! I am going away for 2 weeks end October/beginning of novemeber do i need to put this somewhere on ucas? I am going somewhere where there is no Internet connection, i know it is unlikely i will get any reply in that space of time. but should i give someone my log in details in case (i.e brother or best friend) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    My college fiiiinnnaaaally sent off my UCAS today!!
    SO EXCITED!!
    You've applied to exactly the same places as me! Except I put down biomed at Cardiff rather than Medical Pharmacology.

After sending my form off on Monday, I'm no longer excited, I just want some offers. I can't wait 6 months goddamnit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    I am sending off ucas tomorrow!!!! I am going away for 2 weeks end October/beginning of novemeber do i need to put this somewhere on ucas? I am going somewhere where there is no Internet connection, i know it is unlikely i will get any reply in that space of time. but should i give someone my log in details in case (i.e brother or best friend) ?
    You can put down a 'nominated access' on your UCAS form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeoneYouDon'tKnow)
    You've applied to exactly the same places as me! Except I put down biomed at Cardiff rather than Medical Pharmacology.

After sending my form off on Monday, I'm no longer excited, I just want some offers. I can't wait 6 months goddamnit!
    Aaahh!! I dont know anyone else who's applying to exactly the same places!! Yay!!
    I've always been told I have odd choices as they're all so far apart from each other.. but I love them :love:
    Do you have a first choice?

Hhm.. I had a feeling this excitment would be short-lived
    I sent my application to college 2 weeks ago and have been stressing over whether they're actually going to send the thing since the excitement faded about 1 day after..
    I'm probably going to end up checking track every single day.. beacuse I'm slightly too obsessed

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of ucas tariff score, lyk around 620, but i suffered so bad on my UKCAT...i got 605...which is apalling for my standard...do you think i have a chance at barts, coz sum ppl say they look at tariff scores, and some say they determine a UKCAT cut off score..
    much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Aaahh!! I dont know anyone else who's applying to exactly the same places!! Yay!!
    I've always been told I have odd choices as they're all so far apart from each other.. but I love them :love:
    Do you have a first choice?

Hhm.. I had a feeling this excitment would be short-lived
    I sent my application to college 2 weeks ago and have been stressing over whether they're actually going to send the thing since the excitement faded about 1 day after..
    I'm probably going to end up checking track every single day.. beacuse I'm slightly too obsessed
    Everyone's said the same thing to me, about them being scattered about - most people seem to apply to places reasonably close together.

I'm not sure about first choice actually. I really liked Birmingham when I went to the open day so probably there, but I'd be happy at any of my choices! What about you?

I think towards the end of the (school) year my F5 button will be broken from me checking Track so often! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's said the same thing to me, about them being scattered about - most people seem to apply to places reasonably close together.

I'm not sure about first choice actually. I really liked Birmingham when I went to the open day so probably there, but I'd be happy at any of my choices! What about you?

I think towards the end of the (school) year my F5 button will be broken from me checking Track so often! :laugh:
    I went to the open day at birmingham too (it is the only one of my choices I've visited! ) and it was absolutely beautiful and proper loved it!!
    But my 1st choice has been pretty cyclical to be honest, I was set on Newcastle at the beginning of the year but then I've had phases for all the others, and for now its Edinburgh
    Same, I think I'd be happy at any.. just getting 1 offer at any of them would just make my year!

Haha, yeah.. Track is going to be my new best friend! (and hopefully we wont have a fall out because I havent got any offers! )

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day at birmingham too (it is the only one of my choices I've visited! ) and it was absolutely beautiful and proper loved it!!
    But my 1st choice has been pretty cyclical to be honest, I was set on Newcastle at the beginning of the year but then I've had phases for all the others, and for now its Edinburgh
    Same, I think I'd be happy at any.. just getting 1 offer at any of them would just make my year!

Haha, yeah.. Track is going to be my new best friend! (and hopefully we wont have a fall out because I havent got any offers! )
    Birmingham was the only open day I went to too! Out of the places I eventually applied to at least. Are we secret twins or something?:eek:

I know Newcastle pretty well anyway and visited the medical school for a biochemistry thing with school, and when I was in Cardiff/London I briefly looked at the unis from the outside... I've visited Edinburgh in the past but never been to the university. It looks amazing though.

Someone give me an offer now, please? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham was the only open day I went to too! Out of the places I eventually applied to at least. Are we secret twins or something?:eek:

I know Newcastle pretty well anyway and visited the medical school for a biochemistry thing with school, and when I was in Cardiff/London I briefly looked at the unis from the outside... I've visited Edinburgh in the past but never been to the university. It looks amazing though.

Someone give me an offer now, please? :rolleyes:
    :eek: Maybee!!

Same with Cardiff and London, but I've never been to Newcastle or Edinburgh so applying to places I've never been may be a bit of a risk but I tried to make up for it by doing extensive research with the help of google street view

Yes, offer pwease? Or even interview, acknowledgement.. anything!!
    This is going to be a loong wait :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Maybee!!

Same with Cardiff and London, but I've never been to Newcastle or Edinburgh so applying to places I've never been may be a bit of a risk but I tried to make up for it by doing extensive research with the help of google street view

Yes, offer pwease? Or even interview, acknowledgement.. anything!!
    This is going to be a loong wait :rolleyes:
    I've got acknowledgement from King's and Edinburgh, they have their own Track-like websites that you can sign into. I got emails from them both within 24 hours of sending off my form, so you should get them soon! Not heard anything from the other three yet...

Oh, and some people already have letters to interview from Birmingham, for like 2 weeks time! :eek: I'm completely unprepared, I'd like an interview, but not this soon! I thought they didn't start 'till Nov at the earliest!

ReputationRep:
    It's a frightening prospect that in a years time we'll be sending off application forms, desperately hoping to get in. Well I will anyway because my grades aren't very good. Anyway I have a simple question. I was entered into a course I didn't want to do (drama btec) and I didn't finish the course but still scraped a pass somehow. Do I have to mention this grade on my UCAS application form? My other GCSE's are all B's and above but it's just this subject. What should I do? My Drama teacher apologized to me and told me not to mention it. A few people from my school also want to do medicine but they failed additional maths, which isn't even a GCSE so my maths teacher told them not to mention it. Should I do the same?

(Sorry for the long post)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.