The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infintywhirls

Original post by infintywhirls
Ugh, Birmingham has started giving out offers already, making me tense ><

I thought they'd only started giving out interviews? :lolwut:
heyy can anybody help? my teacher suggested i go to an epoc medicine conference, but it's £89 and would be expensive to get there, do you think it would be worth it???
Got my UCAS letter :eek:

Now begins the waiting game!! :s-smilie:
Original post by manderson
Got my UCAS letter :eek:

Now begins the waiting game!! :s-smilie:

Aww.. I want my UCAS letter!! You guys are making me soo jelly!! :tongue:

When did you send of your application to UCAS? :smile:
Reply 7704
Just got me KCL and Sheffield acknowledgement.
UCAS app sent 2 days ago.
Now, the waiting game and scary part begins

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope all of u get a place. :smile:
Reply 7705
Original post by Joseppea
UCAS application has been sent. :zomg:

Now we wait....

GOOD LUCK! I see ur applying to Kings like me. :smile:
Btw, Kings sends an acknowledgment so quick. Like a day or two after the app is sent.
Reply 7706
Original post by jess_m94
heyy can anybody help? my teacher suggested i go to an epoc medicine conference, but it's £89 and would be expensive to get there, do you think it would be worth it???

I have no idea what an epoc medicine conference is, or whether it would be worthwhile for you to go to it, but I can tell you that it is possible to get into medicine without going to it.
Original post by apple17
GOOD LUCK! I see ur applying to Kings like me. :smile:
Btw, Kings sends an acknowledgment so quick. Like a day or two after the app is sent.

Thank you :smile: good luck too!

I had a massive "be realistic" speech from my senior tutor today because I didn't get As in biology and chemistry at AS. It was quite disheartening but sort of made me more determined. :biggrin:

Scared now, why am I applying to such a competitive subject?! :zomg: :tongue:
Reply 7708
Thank you :smile: good luck too!

I had a massive "be realistic" speech from my senior tutor today because I didn't get As in biology and chemistry at AS. It was quite disheartening but sort of made me more determined. :biggrin:

Scared now, why am I applying to such a competitive subject?! :zomg: :tongue:

I got one of that too cuz I am intl and my tutor does not want me to apply overseas as she has no confidence in me or anyone in my class to actually do well. *really mean tutor*
Don't worry, get in a med school and show her that u could do it in the end.
I know, sometimes i really question if I am sane/not as I am trying to be a medic. :P
p.s. did u make that banner in ur sig urself?
Original post by NutterFrutter
I thought they'd only started giving out interviews? :lolwut:

My bad, that was one hell of a type :P You can tell whats on my mind..
Original post by apple17
I got one of that too cuz I am intl and my tutor does not want me to apply overseas as she has no confidence in me or anyone in my class to actually do well. *really mean tutor*
Don't worry, get in a med school and show her that u could do it in the end.
I know, sometimes i really question if I am sane/not as I am trying to be a medic. :P
p.s. did u make that banner in ur sig urself?

Well, he's actually friendly enough, but he was just making sure that I was being realistic and had a plan in case I don't get any offers, which is fair enough considering just about everyone on here got straight As at AS. :|

Good luck though :biggrin: let's hope we both get in somewhere!

(PS. Yes I did....:ninja:)
Reply 7712
Well, he's actually friendly enough, but he was just making sure that I was being realistic and had a plan in case I don't get any offers, which is fair enough considering just about everyone on here got straight As at AS. :|

Good luck though :biggrin: let's hope we both get in somewhere!

(PS. Yes I did....:ninja:)

True. I heard AS grades don't matter that much (not too sure as I don't take A-levels)

Yes. I hope so too, i just want one offer and thats it.
Omg, thats so pretty!. talented person
Guys,

If you want your personal statements reviewed in time to be perfected for the deadline, you need to be submitting them to the TSR PS Help service this weekend. There are 7 days til the deadline, and currently a 4 day wait for reviews, so get them in quick! Post them in the Med subforum of the PS Help forums here if you want it reviewed :smile:
Reply 7714
Original post by paul272

Barts care about the UKCAT, sorry!
Hi, I'm an Irish student looking to get into medical school in the UK. I have 5A1 and B1 in the Leaving Certificate, Thou I'm a resit student. I have done 2 years in Vet. I got 2510 in the Ukcat. any advice on which uni would be best for me to apply to, taking everything into account?
Original post by helmasry
Barts care about the UKCAT, sorry!

Policy has changed for undergrads so they don't care quite so much!
Okay Pls pls pls pls tell me if I'm in the green here. I'm hoping to apply to
>Barts and the london ( Queen mary)
>Kings college
>Imperial college
> St georges

My ucas score was on average 662,
and though i didn't do bio for my GCSE, i did physics and chem pure in GCSE, which when i emailed Queen mary it said i was still eligible as i had 2 sciences.
So, according to my ucas score, are my chances with the universities good?
Reply 7718
Original post by PawprintsOnPaper
Okay Pls pls pls pls tell me if I'm in the green here. I'm hoping to apply to
>Barts and the london ( Queen mary)
>Kings college
>Imperial college
> St georges

My ucas score was on average 662,
and though i didn't do bio for my GCSE, i did physics and chem pure in GCSE, which when i emailed Queen mary it said i was still eligible as i had 2 sciences.
So, according to my ucas score, are my chances with the universities good?

Only Barts looks at the UCAS score AFAIK ^ So we can give you a more accurate opinion with more information on your academics.
Original post by Vulpes
Only Barts looks at the UCAS score AFAIK ^ So we can give you a more accurate opinion with more information on your academics.

Alright. For my GCSE ( well, not exactly GCSE. I'm from Singapore so I took GCE- O levels)
I took
>english - A2
>Mathematics - A2
>Chemistry - A2
> Combined Humanities - B3
> Physics - B3
>Additional Mathematics- B4

AS levels -
Biology - A
Chemistry - B ( but resitting one paper ) expcted grade is A
Mathematics - A
Business Studies - C