x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infintywhirls)
    Ugh, Birmingham has started giving out offers already, making me tense ><
    I thought they'd only started giving out interviews? :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    heyy can anybody help? my teacher suggested i go to an epoc medicine conference, but it's £89 and would be expensive to get there, do you think it would be worth it???

ReputationRep:
    Got my UCAS letter :eek:

Now begins the waiting game!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manderson)
    Got my UCAS letter :eek:

Now begins the waiting game!!
    Aww.. I want my UCAS letter!! You guys are making me soo jelly!!

When did you send of your application to UCAS?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just got me KCL and Sheffield acknowledgement.
    UCAS app sent 2 days ago.
    Now, the waiting game and scary part begins

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope all of u get a place.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    UCAS application has been sent. :zomg:

Now we wait....
    GOOD LUCK! I see ur applying to Kings like me.
    Btw, Kings sends an acknowledgment so quick. Like a day or two after the app is sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_m94)
    heyy can anybody help? my teacher suggested i go to an epoc medicine conference, but it's £89 and would be expensive to get there, do you think it would be worth it???
    I have no idea what an epoc medicine conference is, or whether it would be worthwhile for you to go to it, but I can tell you that it is possible to get into medicine without going to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    GOOD LUCK! I see ur applying to Kings like me.
    Btw, Kings sends an acknowledgment so quick. Like a day or two after the app is sent.
    Thank you good luck too!

I had a massive "be realistic" speech from my senior tutor today because I didn't get As in biology and chemistry at AS. It was quite disheartening but sort of made me more determined.

Scared now, why am I applying to such a competitive subject?! :zomg:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thank you good luck too!

I had a massive "be realistic" speech from my senior tutor today because I didn't get As in biology and chemistry at AS. It was quite disheartening but sort of made me more determined.

Scared now, why am I applying to such a competitive subject?! :zomg:
    I got one of that too cuz I am intl and my tutor does not want me to apply overseas as she has no confidence in me or anyone in my class to actually do well. *really mean tutor*
    Don't worry, get in a med school and show her that u could do it in the end.
    I know, sometimes i really question if I am sane/not as I am trying to be a medic. :P
    p.s. did u make that banner in ur sig urself?

ReputationRep:
    :afraid::afraid::afraid: arrghhhh please help!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=34350947

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutterFrutter)
    I thought they'd only started giving out interviews? :lolwut:
    My bad, that was one hell of a type :P You can tell whats on my mind..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    I got one of that too cuz I am intl and my tutor does not want me to apply overseas as she has no confidence in me or anyone in my class to actually do well. *really mean tutor*
    Don't worry, get in a med school and show her that u could do it in the end.
    I know, sometimes i really question if I am sane/not as I am trying to be a medic. :P
    p.s. did u make that banner in ur sig urself?
    Well, he's actually friendly enough, but he was just making sure that I was being realistic and had a plan in case I don't get any offers, which is fair enough considering just about everyone on here got straight As at AS. :|

Good luck though let's hope we both get in somewhere!

(PS. Yes I did....:ninja:)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, he's actually friendly enough, but he was just making sure that I was being realistic and had a plan in case I don't get any offers, which is fair enough considering just about everyone on here got straight As at AS. :|

Good luck though let's hope we both get in somewhere!

(PS. Yes I did....:ninja:)
    True. I heard AS grades don't matter that much (not too sure as I don't take A-levels)

Yes. I hope so too, i just want one offer and thats it.
    Omg, thats so pretty!. talented person

ReputationRep:
    Guys,

If you want your personal statements reviewed in time to be perfected for the deadline, you need to be submitting them to the TSR PS Help service this weekend. There are 7 days til the deadline, and currently a 4 day wait for reviews, so get them in quick! Post them in the Med subforum of the PS Help forums here if you want it reviewed

ReputationRep:
    Barts care about the UKCAT, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an Irish student looking to get into medical school in the UK. I have 5A1 and B1 in the Leaving Certificate, Thou I'm a resit student. I have done 2 years in Vet. I got 2510 in the Ukcat. any advice on which uni would be best for me to apply to, taking everything into account?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by helmasry)
    Barts care about the UKCAT, sorry!
    Policy has changed for undergrads so they don't care quite so much!

ReputationRep:
    Okay Pls pls pls pls tell me if I'm in the green here. I'm hoping to apply to
    >Barts and the london ( Queen mary)
    >Kings college
    >Imperial college
    > St georges

My ucas score was on average 662,
    and though i didn't do bio for my GCSE, i did physics and chem pure in GCSE, which when i emailed Queen mary it said i was still eligible as i had 2 sciences.
    So, according to my ucas score, are my chances with the universities good?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by PawprintsOnPaper)
    Okay Pls pls pls pls tell me if I'm in the green here. I'm hoping to apply to
    >Barts and the london ( Queen mary)
    >Kings college
    >Imperial college
    > St georges

My ucas score was on average 662,
    and though i didn't do bio for my GCSE, i did physics and chem pure in GCSE, which when i emailed Queen mary it said i was still eligible as i had 2 sciences.
    So, according to my ucas score, are my chances with the universities good?
    Only Barts looks at the UCAS score AFAIK ^ So we can give you a more accurate opinion with more information on your academics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Only Barts looks at the UCAS score AFAIK ^ So we can give you a more accurate opinion with more information on your academics.
    Alright. For my GCSE ( well, not exactly GCSE. I'm from Singapore so I took GCE- O levels)
    I took
    >english - A2
    >Mathematics - A2
    >Chemistry - A2
    > Combined Humanities - B3
    > Physics - B3
    >Additional Mathematics- B4

AS levels -
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B ( but resitting one paper ) expcted grade is A
    Mathematics - A
    Business Studies - C
    English - ( no defined grade yet )

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.