Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anajini)
    Which university doesn't much consider the UKCAT?I got 597.5.which UKCAT universities can I apply?please give some advice?
    I'd advise you avoid Newcastle, Durham, Sheffield, Manchester, Kings, Glasgow, St Georges and Barts and the London. There's likely one or two more that would be risky to apply with that score.
    Apply to BMAT ones (Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial) or non-admissions test universities (Birmingham, Liverpool, Lancaster, Bristol) to be safe. Places like Keele, BSMS and Leeds should be relatively safe as well, as they use UKCAT only slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Oh I think our oxbridge/med/vet med applciants have all got it sorted.
    i had mine sorted, until now......grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    I'd advise you avoid Newcastle, Durham, Sheffield, Manchester, Kings, Glasgow, St Georges and Barts and the London. There's likely one or two more that would be risky to apply with that score.
    Apply to BMAT ones (Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial) or non-admissions test universities (Birmingham, Liverpool, Lancaster, Bristol) to be safe. Places like Keele, BSMS and Leeds should be relatively safe as well, as they use UKCAT only slightly.
    thanks .I'm an international applicant.If I apply to LEEDS does they look ukcat strictly as it don't have interview for international applicants?
    I'm applying to cambridge ,imperial ,birmingam or bristol and ukcat university.
    which one is better suits me birmingam or bristol?
    my gce o/l resuls -8A B
    Gce A/L -4A(bio,chem,phy and maths)
    I'm really scared about interview.please give some advice.so worried.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Watching all you lot squirm about having sent your forms off makes me feel old

Relax people! Loads of time to wait, except Birmingham-ers :ninja:

Btw shameless plug here but I've probably helped you at some point so I think it's only fair you return the favour...

It's for my SSC1 group task, we're doing a poster on media misrepresentation and our topic is fish oils, it'd be great if you could just spend 2 mins answering my two short questions honestly so I can collect some data on the matter

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1806746

Please do it :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Just sent mine off today now for the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

Btw shameless plug here but I've probably helped you at some point so I think it's only fair you return the favour...

It's for my SSC1 group task, we're doing a poster on media misrepresentation and our topic is fish oils, it'd be great if you could just spend 2 mins answering my two short questions honestly so I can collect some data on the matter

done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anajini)
    thanks .I'm an international applicant.If I apply to LEEDS does they look ukcat strictly as it don't have interview for international applicants?
    I'm applying to cambridge ,imperial ,birmingam or bristol and ukcat university.
    which one is better suits me birmingam or bristol?
    my gce o/l resuls -8A B
    Gce A/L -4A(bio,chem,phy and maths)
    I'm really scared about interview.please give some advice.so worried.
    I don't know if it differs for internationals, but Leeds only give 1 point if your UKCAT is 700+, and the scoring system is overall out of 47, so it's quite minor.

I have no idea if Birmingham or Bristol would be better, I don't know how Birmingham view O levels. I'd advise you to research it a bit more, and if you still can't decide which you'd have more luck at, just pick which one has a better course and you'd enjoy more.

x
    Answered

ReputationRep:

Done. As you can probably tell by my answer I am really into my strength training.

ReputationRep:
    Done. As you can probably tell by my answer I am really into my strength training.
    Tyson was a don.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Tyson was a don.
    Agreed. He's done some pretty stupid things so he gets a lot of bad press unfortunately, but I think as he has become older he has become more wise and regrets a lot of what he has done.

ReputationRep:
    What have people put as their 5th choice if any, I'm thinking biomed at kings
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Done

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. He's done some pretty stupid things so he gets a lot of bad press unfortunately, but I think as he has become older he has become more wise and regrets a lot of what he has done.

His maturity is pleasing to see, but I think he's a don for a different reason, mainly summed up by the first paragraph in his wikipedia page;

Michael Gerard "Mike" Tyson (also known as Malik Abdul Aziz) (born June 30, 1966) is a retired American boxer. Tyson is a former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles, he was 20 years, 4 months and 22 days old. Tyson won his first 19 professional bouts by knockout, with 12 of them occurring in the first round. He won the WBC title in 1986 after defeating Trevor Berbick by a TKO in the second round. In 1987, Tyson added the WBA and IBF titles after defeating James Smith and Tony Tucker. He was the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold and only Heavyweight to individually unify the WBA, WBC and IBF titles.
    He did this at age 20. Vitali is twice his age and hasn't done what Tyson did when he was barely out of his teens, and that just shows what a Don he was.

ReputationRep:
    His maturity is pleasing to see, but I think he's a don for a different reason, mainly summed up by the first paragraph in his wikipedia page;

He did this at age 20. Vitali is twice his age and hasn't done what Tyson did when he was barely out of his teens, and that just shows what a Don he was.
    He had a lot of anger and knew how to channel it through his boxing. I remember listening to one of his commentaries the way the guy analysed the boxing style he knew exactly what the boxer was doing what he was going to do his tactics everything, was pretty amazing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by laurie:))
    done

(Original post by Normandy114)
    Answered

(Original post by Vulpes)
    Done
    Thanks people

Getting some good stuff now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    He had a lot of anger and knew how to channel it through his boxing. I remember listening to one of his commentaries the way the guy analysed the boxing style he knew exactly what the boxer was doing what he was going to do his tactics everything, was pretty amazing.
    Yeah, if he had more competition and if he hadn't become a bit lax, he could easily have become the GOAT. I've watched videos of his fights, the guy is crazy fast. Heavyweight boxing is just awful nowadays, it's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if he had more competition and if he hadn't become a bit lax, he could easily have become the GOAT. I've watched videos of his fights, the guy is crazy fast. Heavyweight boxing is just awful nowadays, it's a shame.
    Yeah, David Haye "Oh, my toe, my toe" LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, David Haye "Oh, my toe, my toe" LMAO.
    Yeah, I overheard someone saying that he's chosen to retire...

The world could do with a new Iron Mike bursting onto the scene.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I overheard someone saying that he's chosen to retire...

The world could do with a new Iron Mike bursting onto the scene.
    Yeah but you don't get people like that very often.

ReputationRep:
    I have just tried paying/sending off my ucas but it keeps saying 'technical error' and now ive been locked...anyone else had this problem?? Can someone help me please..
    Im using my mastercard btw

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.