Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    at my school there was only me and this other guy for med, and one dentist, one vet.
    noone got in...and i'm the only one reapplying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    theres about 25 of us applying to medicine, 3 dentists and 1 vet

that seems like a lot, but we started off with about 40 medics
    It sounds like far too many

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    We have about 35 medics (11 of them are Oxbridge alone), 10 dentists and 0 vets :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    I'm the only medicine applicant from my school this year.
    Same! No one else is going for dentistry or veterinary either

ReputationRep:
    There's ~8 people in my college applying. (As far as I know) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocaineSquirrel)
    Yep, those are my choices too. Good luck!
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    nearly everybody in both my chem and bio classes are applying for med.

i really like it though, cause we're all supporting eachother, giving advice on things and its just a nice feeling not being alone in my secondary school there were 3 people considering med and we were given almost no support - they would advise us about other careers rather than medicine

we spread across the sixth form too - theres currently about 30 medics in lower sixth, each of them are assigned a buddy from upper sixth, and we run a medical society for them and its just a big meeting where we gossip and have fun

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only one from my school applying to medicine too. I've only ever known two people to get into medicine from my school...

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only one applying from my school, we started off with about 10, reduced to about 6 after GCSE's, 3 after AS jan results, 2 after AS june results and only me left after the UKCAT , however the scary thing is that no one from my school that applied ever got in:eek:

ReputationRep:
    There use to be another 2 people that wanted to be medics last year and one that wanted to be a dentist.
    One of the guys that wanted to do medicine changed his mind to engineering at oxbridge.
    The other gave up because he thought he couldn't get the grades so changed to pharmacy.
    The dentist also gave up and is now applying to do microbiology.
    Wow. In my sixth form it was about 15 medics and 3 dentists and 1 vet. Now its 7 medics, 1 vet and 3 dentists still. How does it feel bein the only medic? Do you get a lot of love from the teachers or do you feel lonely/lost, like you have no one at school to talk to about ucas that actually understands?

ReputationRep:
    i've been checking hotmail/track/kings everyday, religiously

in 2 weeks im going to the middle of nowhere in wales for a biology field trip, and wont be able to access them - how am i going to survive?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    Wow. In my sixth form it was about 15 medics and 3 dentists. Now its 7 medics and 3 dentists still. How does it feel bein the only medic? Do you get a lot of love from the teachers or do you feel lonely/lost, like you have no one at school to talk to about ucas that actually understands?
    I get a lot of love from some teachers others couldn't care less and there are a few who basically just say I'm going to fail.
    My biology/form tutor is amazing we end up debating hypothetical ethical issues that may arise whilst being a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    i've been checking hotmail/track/kings everyday, religiously

in 2 weeks im going to the middle of nowhere in wales for a biology field trip, and wont be able to access them - how am i going to survive?????
    Get a smartphone. A normal phone would do too. My brother was telling me how he had an interview at Newcastle and he was checking his email on his nokia brick on the way back home on the train and found out he got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I get a lot of love from some teachers others couldn't care less and there are a few who basically just say I'm going to fail.
    My biology/form tutor is amazing we end up debating hypothetical ethical issues that may arise whilst being a doctor.
    I get that from teachers too. Oh btw we also have a vet

And You're lucky. I hate my form tutor

ReputationRep:
    Get a smartphone. A normal phone would do too. My brother was telling me how he had an interview at Newcastle and he was checking his email on his nokia brick on the way back home on the train and found out he got an offer.
    im too broke to buy a smartphone, and eventhough my stupid lg has internet access, its really bad - it turns off randomly, freezes, goes out of control and clicks buttons i didnt click. plus, im not even sure that part of wales has internet coverage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    I get that from teachers too. Oh btw we also have a vet

And You're lucky. I hate my form tutor
    Oh yeah we have a vet too. But only one. Alot of people hate my form tutor, he jokes around a lot and he said something a couple of days before half term which was suppose to be taken in jest but got blown way out of proportion and may be getting sacked now.
    Two guys were going to rome together and he said something like have fun and winked at them. And then it turned into "he was being prejudice about gay people" through Chinese whispers.

ReputationRep:
    im too broke to buy a smartphone, and eventhough my stupid lg has internet access, its really bad - it turns off randomly, freezes, goes out of control and clicks buttons i didnt click. plus, im not even sure that part of wales has internet coverage
    Join the club I still have a nokia brick. Battery is terrible too. I need to get a new phone but I'm skint.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, am I right in saying that any update on track would automatically see a notification email come to my inbox, ie, if it said that I'd been invited for interview, would I have to check on track, or should I be looking out for an email? Or even a letter, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Guys, am I right in saying that any update on track would automatically see a notification email come to my inbox, ie, if it said that I'd been invited for interview, would I have to check on track, or should I be looking out for an email? Or even a letter, maybe?
    I've heard that interviews don't come up on track. So check your email and the post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    I've heard that interviews don't come up on track. So check your email and the post!
    If this is the case, then I shouldn't have to check track until and if I get an interview? Track hype.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.