Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    It is indeed, good luck to you to. Where have you applied?
    Birmingham
    Sheffield
    Leeds
    Newcastle, love them all would be grateful of a place anywhere how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBess)
    Birmingham
    Sheffield
    Leeds
    Newcastle, love them all would be grateful of a place anywhere how about you?
    Nice and Imperial, HYMS, Barts and The London and Keele. I also feel the same way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    Medical School applicants have dropped by 1% this year, which is actually quite a big drop, considering its never dropped like this before :O

It seems the Uni Fee increase is a blessing in disguise :cool:
    There is hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    Isn't cambridge meant to give out interviews after the BMAT is over? :confused:
    yeah they are but i think only one person has got an interview and they are international/graduate ... not really sure but they arent an alevel student so im not sure what the case is....but its only one person...

ReputationRep:
    Medical School applicants have dropped by 1% this year, which is actually quite a big drop, considering its never dropped like this before :O

Yay! Source?

ReputationRep:

Source? Is that just the 5 year course or overall, as I wouldn't be surprised at all that GEP has dropped (they now have to cough up 9k not 3k for the first year).

Bit odd seeing as Barts and the London has had a rise of 27% or there abouts for A100 this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Source?
    Someone who works at a London university!

ReputationRep:
    Someone who works at a London university!
    Is that reliable/a reliable source at all? Like an admission person? I don't want to get my hopes up and you certainly don't want false info to spread around TSR :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Is that reliable/a reliable source at all? Like an admission person? I don't want to get my hopes up and you certainly don't want false info to spread around TSR :afraid:
    haha, she does seem to know a lot of inside news,
    I wouldn't say its official, but it would make sense that it has dropped for at least some unis.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say its official, but it would make sense that it has dropped for at least some unis.
    What university does she work at?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Pretty much, so places like Newcastle and a few others like Kings :yep:

HYMS does a similar thing, who knows they might have started looking at applications already, so a few could get interviews/rejections next week :yep:
    HYMS gave pre-interview rejections early december last year so a little bit longer to wait...

But be optimistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Don't think I'm allowed to specify ..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newstudent.co.uk/initial-...ications-drop/ just noticed this :0
    http://www.ucas.com/about_us/media_e.../2011/20111024

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    HYMS gave pre-interview rejections early december last year so a little bit longer to wait...

But be optimistic
    *Shivers* though they're starting interviews on the 7th Dec this year..I'm trying to be optimistic lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I'm allowed to specify ..
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    I think for the moment we won't take it as official, just a possibility. Especially since you haven't told us if that's for all A100, or only GEP or for all unis, as you said it may be for "at least some unis".

ReputationRep:
    I think for the moment we won't take it as official, just a possibility. Especially since you haven't told us if that's for all A100, or only GEP or for all unis, as you said it may be for "at least some unis".
    Tbh, I don't know if its for A100 or graduate entry, its a rumour among admissions people, as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    its official!
    :d :d :d

ReputationRep:
    Out of the BMAT unis, which one is the least BMAT orientated?

I guess you guys will know because you've already applied

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Is it beneficial to do a conclusion for section 3 in the BMAT? Thanks to anyone who can help

ReputationRep:
    its official!
    :d :d :d
    if you read further in, it says applications from 18yr olds living in England have gone up slightly

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.