Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    Anyone know if rejections begin to be given out from the 5th November?
    Nobody knows, they can pretty much do what they like..:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    Anyone know if rejections begin to be given out from the 5th November?
    ye all unis give out a huge lot of rejections, government stated that minimum 1500 rejections for each medical school must be sent out on the 5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsocleverstudent)
    ye all unis give out a huge lot of rejections, government stated that minimum 1500 rejections for each medical school must be sent out on the 5th
    Really? Do you have a source for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.)
    Really? Do you have a source for that?
    :facepalm2: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds unlikely...source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    :facepalm2: :rofl:
    I guess that means there's no source?

ReputationRep:
    There's no source since it's a lie, especially seeing as there are several medical schools that don't even get 1500 applications in a year.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is applying to edinburgh university for medicine, read this:

EdinburghMBChB Edinburgh Medicine
    Despite reports from UCAS of a drop in applications, we have had an increase here of about 7% for Medicine.

This was written on their twitter account on the 25th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHC)
    Anyone who is applying to edinburgh university for medicine, read this:

EdinburghMBChB Edinburgh Medicine
    Despite reports from UCAS of a drop in applications, we have had an increase here of about 7% for Medicine.

This was written on their twitter account on the 25th
    Likely because less Scottish students are applying to English unis (because of the fees) and hence more are applying to the Scottish unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Likely because less Scottish students are applying to English unis (because of the fees) and hence more are applying to the Scottish unis.
    I know but 7% is a hugeeee amount if you think about the amount of people who apply there for medicine (over 2000 every year). So now it will be so much harder to get in :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHC)
    I know but 7% is a hugeeee amount if you think about the amount of people who apply there for medicine (over 2000 every year). So now it will be so much harder to get in :/
    Look at UCAS stats page link further up this thread, it really is interesting and breaks down the applications to regions, countries even the amount of male /female applications.

ReputationRep:
    Here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBess)
    Look at UCAS stats page link further up this thread, it really is interesting and breaks down the applications to regions, countries even the amount of male /female applications.
    hi, could you possibly show me the link........ thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortedguy)
    hi, could you possibly show me the link........ thanks in advance
    It's in the post above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    There's no source since it's a lie, especially seeing as there are several medical schools that don't even get 1500 applications in a year.
    Well for the 2011 application cycle, that would be a lie. Before that, I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBess)
    Thanks I knew sort of that they had overall dropped and that's why i was so gutted to find out edinburgh's applicants increased by 7% because that's the uni i really want to go to :O :L i bet it is one of the few uni's that have increased applicants this year- just my luck :P

ReputationRep:
    Well for the 2011 application cycle, that would be a lie. Before that, I'm not sure.
    Applications have risen each year before now, so there would have been even more medical schools with fewer than 1500 applications. Where did you hear this?

ReputationRep:
    keele Acknowledgement, got them all , now i must wait

anyone know when liverpool respond because if they dont need ukcat they are taking their time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hak123)

anyone know when liverpool respond because if they dont need ukcat they are taking their time
    I haven't received an acknowledgement email/letter from Keele... i didn't think they sent out acknowledgements.... guessing they do...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hak123)

They assess PS thoroughly though so that must take some time.

The first interview invites came around the beginning of Nov but that was a small proportion of interviews, and Liverpool say they hand out interviews randomly (so not the strongest applicants get interviews first or anything).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.