Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    no problem i hope i get better before january!

1000 people!!!! was it just a sixth form or a school as well, if it was a school that would be MASSIVE :O theres only about 120 people in my year

yeah, my friend keeps telling me not to believe everything i read on here because theres bound to be someone lying or out to make everybody else feel horrible!
    Yeah its jsut a sixth form Bit over 2000 in the full college and then some third years on top too.

I kept making the mistake of looking on tsr after exam! Most of the medicine people seem good people but some on the exa. forums are pure horrible and talk a load of crap to make everyone else feel terrible (just bear that in mind if you look ) The only time exam forums came in any real use was when i though there was an error in my decision maths exam and it turned out i was right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Yeah its jsut a sixth form Bit over 2000 in the full college and then some third years on top too.

I kept making the mistake of looking on tsr after exam! Most of the medicine people seem good people but some on the exa. forums are pure horrible and talk a load of crap to make everyone else feel terrible (just bear that in mind if you look ) The only time exam forums came in any real use was when i though there was an error in my decision maths exam and it turned out i was right
    i always avoid the threads after exams that have the answers in them, theyre out to make me feel bad

and im pretty sure some people are only signed up to tsr to make other people feel worthless

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in year 12 doing As levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and geography (targetted at all As) and a Cambridge Pre U in global perspectives. I achieved A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAA at GCSE. I have done 3 years of volanteering all together, 2 weeks at a GPs surgery, 1 week at a hopsital and 1 week at Medlink. Duke of edinburgh bronze, silver and now doing gold .Do you thinkn i have what it takes to get into med school? Wanted to be a medic for years and years and i am extremley passionate. Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccas140)
    Im currently in year 12 doing As levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and geography (targetted at all As) and a Cambridge Pre U in global perspectives. I achieved A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAA at GCSE. I have done 3 years of volanteering all together, 2 weeks at a GPs surgery, 1 week at a hopsital and 1 week at Medlink. Duke of edinburgh bronze, silver and now doing gold .Do you thinkn i have what it takes to get into med school? Wanted to be a medic for years and years and i am extremley passionate. Thanks guys!
    Definitely your application looks pretty solid just keep up the volunteering, and work experience get AAA at AS and get predicted AAA at A2 and do well in your UKCAT, your ps will be amazing with all those wrk exp and volunteering placements/awards, however add some extracurricular activities and you'll be pretty much guaranteed a interview if you apply smart and get a good UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccas140)
    looks pretty good from what i can see

just make sure to be greedy for ums in year 12, because that both gets you high predictions for year 13, and means you have further to fall in A2 exams!

and try to reflect on what you have learnt and can take away from both your volunteering and your work exp - not just physical aspects like team work and communication, but also emotional benefits, because that opens you up to show you are more than just a tick box kinda gal

ReputationRep:
    i always avoid the threads after exams that have the answers in them, theyre out to make me feel bad

and im pretty sure some people are only signed up to tsr to make other people feel worthless
    There definetly are, but if you can out-smart them somehow or just generally piss them off it makes reading their rubbish all worth while (Can you tell I have way too much time on my hands? lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    There definetly are, but if you can out-smart them somehow or just generally piss them off it makes reading their rubbish all worth while (Can you tell I have way too much time on my hands? lol)
    i just generally avoid threads that are most likely to have those kinds of people in, such as exam threads and results day threads, because im not witty enough to have a cool retort

ReputationRep:

The worst people are the people that sign up and then ask
    "I have 20A*s at GCSE, 6A*s at A-Level and 900 in the UKCAT, and five years of work experience voluntary work and extra curricular activities and an amazing PS and reference, do I have a chance of getting into medical school?"

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately i go to a boys school (mixed sixth form) so anything uber-cool like a turtle would probably be tortured in horrible ways that the boys could think of

and unfortunately it turns out we have no more human biology in unit 4 so its just plants and ecology until after christmas

i didnt find the immune system all that great tbh, i had to do it in psychology too so i kinda knew it before we did it in biology

there really should be, because we're all awesome :awesome:

and i feel okay, but i've got a few doctors/hospital appointments lined up just to see if theres anything more serious going on :/

loooool i love bowling!
    You're a girl in an almost all boys' school? Is that not scary? :p: My school's all girls but the sixth form is mixed too... mostly the guys come here. None of the girls have ever taken a lesson that they'd have to go to the boys's school for. :p:

Awww. ~3 months to go then the interesting unit!

You did it in psych? How come? The psych ppl at my school do the nervous system/endocrinology but immune system seems random?

Awww, :hugs: I hope it all turns out alright. Sounds like a lot to balance, UCAS + A Levels + illness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    The worst people are the people that sign up and then ask
    "I have 20A*s at GCSE, 6A*s at A-Level and 900 in the UKCAT, and five years of work experience voluntary work and extra curricular activities and an amazing PS and reference, do I have a chance of getting into medical school?"
    yeah those threads make me want to cry in terror and slap them simultaneously

(Original post by Parle à ma main)
    You're a girl in an almost all boys' school? Is that not scary? :p: My school's all girls but the sixth form is mixed too... mostly the guys come here. None of the girls have ever taken a lesson that they'd have to go to the boys's school for. :p:

Awww. ~3 months to go then the interesting unit!

You did it in psych? How come? The psych ppl at my school do the nervous system/endocrinology but immune system seems random?

Awww, :hugs: I hope it all turns out alright. Sounds like a lot to balance, UCAS + A Levels + illness
    it was a bit scary at the beginning cause in my year theres like 3 guys for every girl there, and coming from an all girls school, it was a mahoosive change, but its fun now i've gotten to know people

do you know what exam board theyre on? i'm on AQA A, and during the module on stress we learnt about how stress affects the immune system. revising stress whilst being stressed wasn't the most pleasant of experiences

it doesnt affect my day to day life too much tbh, it just adds another thing on to think about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hak123)
    I got a two letters from Liverpool saying they received my application for the A100 and A105, but nothing from Lancaster.
    I have had nothing from Lancaster at all. But application via Liverpool for Lancaster I have had acknowledgement. Some don't acknowledge though. The one from keele said overall 2260 students have applied to medicine. That include graduate, pre med and medicine 5 year programme. They said around December we should hear from them! That long :eek: hope some come in earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything apart from acknowledgements for Nottingham, Leeds, Bristol or Lancaster??

People are starting to get offers (not for Medicine) now at my college, it's so annoying having to wait aha!

ReputationRep:
    i'm really worried, i got an offer from keele last week for biomed which is my back up but now some of my friends who have also applied for med are starting getting interviews and i know i'm not getting into med this year but i just want them to get it over with quickly haha...anybody heard anything at all??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    i'm really worried, i got an offer from keele last week for biomed which is my back up but now some of my friends who have also applied for med are starting getting interviews and i know i'm not getting into med this year but i just want them to get it over with quickly haha...anybody heard anything at all??
    I've got a biomed offer from UEA, but haven't heard anything interview-wise from anywhere for medicine...maybe they're just saving the best 'till last? :smug:

I joke of course, it's still really early, they haven't even received our UKCAT results yet, so few decisions will be able to be made until they have

ReputationRep:
    Most interview offers will come around mid November as our UKCAT scores get sent off to unis on the 4th. But some interviews run right up to March so it could be a long wait unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    No news is good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    I've got a biomed offer from UEA, but haven't heard anything interview-wise from anywhere for medicine...maybe they're just saving the best 'till last? :smug:

I joke of course, it's still really early, they haven't even received our UKCAT results yet, so few decisions will be able to be made until they have

(Original post by mementomori)
    Most interview offers will come around mid November as our UKCAT scores get sent off to unis on the 4th. But some interviews run right up to March so it could be a long wait unfortunately
    no wayyy, i didnt know that about our UKCAT scores!! hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise they still didn't know our UKCATs either! I'm amazed KCL already offered me an interview in that case.. but quite glad because my academics wayyy outshine my UKCAT!:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktylntn)
    I didn't realise they still didn't know our UKCATs either! I'm amazed KCL already offered me an interview in that case.. but quite glad because my academics wayyy outshine my UKCAT!:P
    aww well done!! naaah my UKCAT way outshines my academics so i want them to get it soon!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    Did you get a visit day invite?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.