Parle à ma main
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laurie:))
got an offer for natural sciences at nottingham

hopefully not the only offer i'll get this year
Congrats on the offer!! You're clearly setting the mood for the coming year!

my friend turned to me after chemistry and said 'did you get any of sir's questions right today?' LOL chemistry is killing me.
Haha, it's awful isn't it. Words, words and awkward calculations that I have no clue what they mean.
BlindingLight
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*watching* :awesome:
manic_fuzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ViceVersa)
content removed
*throws sunshine and happiness at you*

Last edited by fleur de lis; 6 years ago
ViceVersa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by manic_fuzz)
*throws sunshine and happiness at you*

Thanks *sighs*
Vulpes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks *sighs*
:flower2::flower::headbang::hippie::jive::juggle::nopity::party::pika::punk::sadpanda:
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks *sighs*
Sighs!? No no no no no, i'm afraid my bursts of sunshine and happiness are completely fulfilling and completely inhibit any unhappy or unwanted emotions :yep:
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vulpes)
:flower2::flower::headbang::hippie::jive::juggle::nopity::party::pika::punk::sadpanda:
Sighs!? No no no no no, i'm afraid my bursts of sunshine and happiness are completely fulfilling and completely inhibit any unhappy or unwanted emotions :yep:
Thanks guys I'm just feeling really sad and defeated. Hopefully it'll pass :crossedf:
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks guys I'm just feeling really sad and defeated. Surely it'll pass :crossedf:
Fixed that for you.

Well, there's really no reason to feel so deflated, gotta keep your hopes up Hope you start feeling better soooooon!
Besakt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can feel optimism in this thread.
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fixed that for you.

Well, there's really no reason to feel so deflated, gotta keep your hopes up Hope you start feeling better soooooon!
Haha thanks. And awww thanks I'll try :rolleyes:
stephie.u3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
we.will.be.doctors.
Parle à ma main
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
content removed
:hugs:

It might be worth giving yourself the weekend totally, totally off from any form of work, and from coming on the Med part of TSR. Give yourself some rest.

I know this doesn't sound massively ideal but if worst comes to worst, then you take a gap year and get an offer then. You're still a doctor by the end of it, and gap years can be amazing things. It's telling myself that that stops me from being that worried about this year.
Last edited by fleur de lis; 6 years ago
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Parle à ma main)
:hugs:

It might be worth giving yourself the weekend totally, totally off from any form of work, and from coming on the Med part of TSR. Give yourself some rest.

I know this doesn't sound massively ideal but if worst comes to worst, then you take a gap year and get an offer then. You're still a doctor by the end of it, and gap years can be amazing things. It's telling myself that that stops me from being that worried about this year.
Thanks I'll try everything you suggested
Parle à ma main
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks I'll try everything you suggested
The annoying thing about UCAS is that the worry is in your head, there's nothing you can really do to switch off from it. Apart from keep busy I guess.

Have you got any nice plans for the weekend?

BTW, I just looked at your sig, you're a strong applicant. You genuinely don't need to worry unless a uni gives you reason to!
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The annoying thing about UCAS is that the worry is in your head, there's nothing you can really do to switch off from it. Apart from keep busy I guess.

Have you got any nice plans for the weekend?

BTW, I just looked at your sig, you're a strong applicant. You genuinely don't need to worry unless a uni gives you reason to!
Yeah was gonna go up and see the boyfriend but I canceled today and decided to just be lazy all day at home tomorrow instead :\ and I really hope you're right. So many people I know says I'm going to be okay but I never believe it. I just need to lift this mood I'm in and forget about it all cos there isn't much I can change about my problems lately :yep:
Vulpes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah was gonna go up and see the boyfriend but I canceled today and decided to just be lazy all day at home tomorrow instead :\ and I really hope you're right. So many people I know says I'm going to be okay but I never believe it. I just need to lift this mood I'm in and forget about it all cos there isn't much I can change about my problems lately :yep:
:keyboard: :no: Doesn't help your confidence.
Parle à ma main
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's whatever will help you most- if you'll feel better at home then that's what's best.

Yeah, I think TSR trains you to be self-critical and expect the worst. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

Awww. If you want to chat about anything feel free to PM. It's sometimes easier talking to people you don't know than friends.

Also, I realise this is a bit of a weird suggestion, but do you exercise? It genuinely makes you feel happier.
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vulpes)
:keyboard: :no: Doesn't help your confidence.
To be honest, that depends. Sometimes TSR makes me feel crap and confirms that I really am not that good at all, but like 70% it just provides me with comfort, and other people to talk to that are going through something similar. Also, this mood isn't worsened by TSR, cos its a lot of things. In other words, i'm in a mood I would feel in either way, i.e. whether I was on TSR or not.
ViceVersa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's whatever will help you most- if you'll feel better at home then that's what's best.

Yeah, I think TSR trains you to be self-critical and expect the worst. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

Awww. If you want to chat about anything feel free to PM. It's sometimes easier talking to people you don't know than friends.

Also, I realise this is a bit of a weird suggestion, but do you exercise? It genuinely makes you feel happier.
I think TSR is mostly a good thing tbh and I dunno if that will help the most but its what I'm doin haha

And thanks I might take you up on that offer one day (could be tomorrow...who knows :dontknow:)

Yeah I swim a lot but I haven't been swimming or running in ages, I've just been eating unhealthily lol. I should stop that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (48)
97.96%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (1)
2.04%

Watched Threads