Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but have people started getting interviews/offers for their 5th choices?

I'll start off with Pharmacology, Newcastle, AAB
    Did you do a separate PS for them or not? congrats though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Did you do a separate PS for them or not? congrats though
    Nop, medicine one all the way, although I did put in one nice little sentence about chemical reactions in the introduction - that may have swayed their decision in my favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianoboe)
    I didn't put a 5th choice

But congrats! Good insurance
    Thanks, I'll probably take it up if I don't get any medicine offers, although not 100% sure
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Besakt)
    :eek: We can't talk about rejections the evil penguin is watching us...
    :toofunny:

I'm not really evil :nah:

But yeah, that 'r' word is banned until further notice :banned:

ReputationRep:
    Penguinsaysquack, the evil penguin. Doesn't like pessimism in the thread.
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    x
    :laugh:

Please can I call you this in future?

ReputationRep:
    Penguinsaysquack, the evil penguin. Doesn't like pessimism in the thread.
    Ah right. Knew you were talking about him but didn't know why you said the bit about him watching us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzman)

There's a reason I used the :evil: smiley when making his smiley username
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Wilzman)

Seeing as it'll confuse people and be ridiculously awesome, yes.. yes you may :evil:

ReputationRep:
    Nop, medicine one all the way, although I did put in one nice little sentence about chemical reactions in the introduction - that may have swayed their decision in my favour
    Really? That's good! Well done! Haha that possibly did. I'm worried about my biochemistry one because I didn't actually write anything specifically about biology or chemistry (through I did talk about, and demonstrate, my love of science) so panicking cos its notts I applied to for BiChem :|

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's good! Well done! Haha that possible did. I'm worried about my biochemistry one because I didn't actually write anything specifically about biology or chemistry (through I did talk about, and demonstrate, my love of science) so panicking cos its notts I applied to for BiChem :|
    No worries, you don't need another PS or even mention anything related to your 5th choice. Last year, I got into Notts for BioChem and this year into King's for BioMed and my PS is 100% medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim93)
    No worries, you don't need another PS or even mention anything related to your 5th choice. Last year, I got into Notts for BioChem and this year into King's for BioMed and my PS is 100% medicine
    Oh good to know! and well done

ReputationRep:
    If it startes application criteria - one distinct as subject, does it mean you have to drop this subject or can your 4th A level be the 4th As .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    If it startes application criteria - one distinct as subject, does it mean you have to drop this subject or can your 4th A level be the 4th As .
    Your fourth A-level can be the fourth AS :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianoboe)
    Awkward hello rejection...

I'm pretty sure Kings, Birm and Brighton and Sussex are the only people who've given out med interviews so far
    And Liverpool and Keele. And Deen have given out a couple to Scots.

It is early days, and an offer is in an offer if it comes now or March.

ReputationRep:
    Your fourth A-level can be the fourth AS :yep:
    thanks just wanted to clarify

ReputationRep:
    St. Georges UKCAT cut off: 625 avg. (2500) I passed it Good luck to everyone else!!

ReputationRep:
    No news from anywhere so far :ashamed:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Insanity514)
    No news from anywhere so far :ashamed:
    :console: Me neither, I'm starting to make gap year plans just in case though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourchi)
    St. Georges UKCAT cut off: 625 avg. (2500) I passed it Good luck to everyone else!!
    I was 10 points of. So gutted

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but have people started getting interviews/offers for their 5th choices?

I'll start off with Pharmacology, Newcastle, AAB
    Just got my biomedical, UCL, no idea whatsoever on the conditions. Apparently, they can't email you the conditions, but send you a mail (overseas may I add) on your offer.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.