Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused dot com)
    I think they send the results off tomorrow to the universities. Cambridge generally offer interviews to 90% of candidates (this is what I've been told, so don't quote me on it ) then use the BMAT after when giving out offers.
    Do you think its only the BMAT that counts at the end of the day?
    It would not make too much sense. They could have in that case already shortlisted applicants for interviews based on their BMAT. It would avoid so much time spent with interviews and it would also avoid especially international students from flying unnecessarily to UK!!
    I really don't hope BMAT will be such a determining factor
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by advik)
    Do you think its only the BMAT that counts at the end of the day?
    It would not make too much sense. They could have in that case already shortlisted applicants for interviews based on their BMAT. It would avoid so much time spent with interviews and it would also avoid especially international students from flying unnecessarily to UK!!
    I really don't hope BMAT will be such a determining factor
    Sorry I didn't make it clear, but I meant that BMAT isn't generally used until after interviews (this isn't to say that it's automatically a massive determining factor), which is why Cambridge can send out interviews before they receive scores.

ReputationRep:
    I think they send the results off tomorrow to the universities. Cambridge generally offer interviews to 90% of candidates (this is what I've been told, so don't quote me on it ) then use the BMAT after when giving out offers.
    Ah right, but I dunno about the 90% in the case of med, I know 2 other Queens' applicants (1 has an interview, another has a rejection). Oh well, time to no life the next 3 weeks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nator)
    Ah right, but I dunno about the 90% in the case of med, I know 2 other Queens' applicants (1 has an interview, another has a rejection). Oh well, time to no life the next 3 weeks!
    My careers advisor told me that so it probably isn't completely accurate! Congrats on your interview though, I didn't realise you had one until I scrolled up

ReputationRep:
    My careers advisor told me that so it probably isn't completely accurate! Congrats on your interview though, I didn't realise you had one until I scrolled up
    Fair deuce, and thanks a lot!
    P.S. Love your username! Don't think I told you that before :laugh: Although with those UMS your username makes no sense
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nator)
    Fair deuce, and thanks a lot!
    P.S. Love your username! Don't think I told you that before :laugh: Although with those UMS your username makes no sense
    Lol, thanks I think I was just stuck for ideas and the advert came on!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Congratss! Me too!
    Congrats.
    I remember u being really worried about applying there/to bristol, don't remember which one but congrats anyways.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Thank you Believe me when I say I screamed and did continuous cartwheels

1st Dec, so soon wow and thanks !

Trust me, I was like this last night, and I was depressed ALL DAY. But that made it a good surprise. Be patient and it'll happen :yes:

I think you're right :eek: WOW.

Read what I said to Besakt
    LUCKY!
    I am the only interview-less person now.
    Funny, how we were just discussing this yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    LUCKY!
    You're not, I'm too

ReputationRep:
    do you reckon we'll need to know about the history of the nhs?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats.
    I remember u being really worried about applying there/to bristol, don't remember which one but congrats anyways.
    Hmm, I've just been worried about all of them in general haha. Aww thanks. How's your ucas going? I haven't spoken to you since the UKCAT I don't think haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    I'm worried about this too :/

ReputationRep:
    LUCKY!
    Thank you I am very lucky imo and haha isn't it funny? And I was miserable all day today just before I got the email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    I hope not, or at least not in detail... Maybe perhaps about the original idea of publicly funded healthcare, but probably nothing too in detail. Still, more knowledge than necessary is unlikely to do harm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianoboe)
    I hope not, or at least not in detail... Maybe perhaps about the original idea of publicly funded healthcare, but probably nothing too in detail. Still, more knowledge than necessary is unlikely to do harm!
    i think i might just read up on why it got started, its main values today etc etc cause they kind of lead into the reforms.

i don't want to feel like im rabitting on for ages for each question though. can you talk too much in an interview?

ReputationRep:
    My friend officially told me off today for constantly checking my emails
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Hmm, I've just been worried about all of them in general haha. Aww thanks. How's your ucas going? I haven't spoken to you since the UKCAT I don't think haha.
    So far, no news. One of the few with no interview. so scary and i think i am going to be rejected by all four. Is bham ur top choices btw?
    Yeah, long time no talk. How a-level and stuff!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Thank you I am very lucky imo and haha isn't it funny? And I was miserable all day today just before I got the email
    No probs. I know, it was funny cuz i came on here, saw ur interview and thought about how miserable you were yesterday
    Good job and hope u do well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cz100)
    You're not, I'm too
    What! tbh, I am pre surprised cuz you have really good academics and scores. Thought i was the only one left, but hope we get some news soon. Where did u apply btw?

ReputationRep:
    What! tbh, I am pre surprised cuz you have really good academics and scores. Thought i was the only one left, but hope we get some news soon. Where did u apply btw?
    Cambridge, Birmingham, QUB, Southampton. Not a word about interviews, and Birmingham are really good at constantly sending newsletters to trick you

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.