Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Ooh Barts. Does that mean you get to stalk Penguinsaysquack?

(Original post by ViceVersa)
    Yes yes it does! How did you know.. :creep:
    :afraid:

Though this means I'll get to be even more famous :awesome:

Randomer from TSR recognised me and said hi again today
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    I just want one interview already!!!!
    It might help if you changed "Queen Mary, University of London" to "Barts and The London SMD" in your signature :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    Yeah, my dad called Kings and they are like i will prob hear by jan/feb cuz international dates are different.
    An offer is an offer! Personally, kings is my top choice but none of them matter. I am international so don't really understand much. How were bham interviews: one of my friends applied but is pre scared of their interviews?
    Oh, you guys have january exams too! Stressful, having 2-3 major tests/assignments every week and same, christmas is going to be IB mock exam studying. Can't wait till summer!.
    Oh okay, that's good at least as you can get your January exams out the way before you have to start stressing about interviews.

My bham interview has alright - I had 2 doctors, an admissions tutor and a medical student. They were very friendly on the whole, although it was sometimes hard to read what they really thought. My interview was far from perfect, so tell your friend not to worry! They're not looking for perfection. I couldn't answer a question, had to ask for it to be rephrased and still couldn't answer it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

:lol: Haha you deserve it cos you're awesome (can't believe I'm actually saying someone deserves to be stalked) :lolz:

Ohh randomer, this is the beginning of your path to success :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

It might help if you changed "Queen Mary, University of London" to "Barts and The London SMD" in your signature :console:
    You should suit up and attempt to blend into the applicants How did they recognise you? I don't any pics of you up on the public forums.

ReputationRep:
    (assume you're talking about human dissection at medical school and not other random dissections at A level etc)

Depends on the medical school. Some do, some don't.

Personally I'm at BL and human dissection is not a standard part of the course. We get prossections which we are encouraged to handle and become familiar with. Human dissection is available as an SSC which I've opted for so hopefully I'll get to do some human dissection this year :yy:

Policy varies though
    Ah, ok. In Germany all medical students have to dissect a human body in year 1 or 2 in order to learn the anatomy, i'm currently doing this and i think it is really helpful. I mean in the beginning it is a bit weird to actually dissect a human being, but you soon get used to it.

Why dont you do it at all medical schools in england? How exactly do prossections work?

ReputationRep:

How did they recognise you? Do you walk around dressed as a penguin with a crown.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    x

(Original post by Besakt)
    How did they recognise you? Do you walk around dressed as a penguin with a crown.
    Or do you waddle around randomly like one? :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    :lol: Haha you deserve it cos you're awesome (can't believe I'm actually saying someone deserves to be stalked) :lolz:

Ohh randomer, this is the beginning of your path to success :cool:
    :lol:

Indeed :smug:

You should suit up and attempt to blend into the applicants How did they recognise you? I don't any pics of you up on the public forums.
    And why would I want to do that? :lolwut:

Though I could end up in formal suits on VVs interview day as on Thursday it's the MedSoc rubbish. Wouldn't want the old dears to think I'm unprofessional

And it's because people happened to find out then word spread out, Becca-Sarah had already met me and she's here this year intercalating, so she recognised me and she happened to be with TSRians in upper years so they knew me and word just eventually spread around :lol:

I don't really mind, I'm not ashamed. I just make sure people call me by my real name :lol:
    (Original post by jaklargerne)
    Ah, ok. In Germany all medical students have to dissect a human body in year 1 or 2 in order to learn the anatomy, i'm currently doing this and i think it is really helpful. I mean in the beginning it is a bit weird to actually dissect a human being, but you soon get used to it.

Why dont you do it at all medical schools in england? How exactly do prossections work?
    Yeah agree with getting used to it, still makes me a little odd if they have faces, but it's a useful tool :yep:

No idea why we don't all do it.. I think cost would be an issue but other than that I have no idea :dontknow:
    If I try and explain prossections as two seperate types. One is preserved in glass and tends to be cut transversely like a CT scan. The other is where you see a section of a body with parts removed so you can focus on a certain type ie cardiovascular where we're encouraged to hold the lungs and heart to examine them. We still handle and examine the body parts, just don't cut it ourselves

(Original post by Besakt)
    :lol: No.. see above :rofl:
    Or do you waddle around randomly like one? :P
    I may have done this at some point whilst drunk at a persons request :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god! have an interview at Nottingham with only 1 week's notice!!!! :eek: I am actually pulling my hair out!! ok, deep breaths, deep breaths.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jess Sam)
    oh my god! have an interview at Nottingham with only 1 week's notice!!!! :eek: I am actually pulling my hair out!! ok, deep breaths, deep breaths.
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess Sam)
    Wow congrats! And omg that's horrible :zomg: I'm already struggling with the 13 days I have left till mine :|
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Oh okay, that's good at least as you can get your January exams out the way before you have to start stressing about interviews.

My bham interview has alright - I had 2 doctors, an admissions tutor and a medical student. They were very friendly on the whole, although it was sometimes hard to read what they really thought. My interview was far from perfect, so tell your friend not to worry! They're not looking for perfection. I couldn't answer a question, had to ask for it to be rephrased and still couldn't answer it lol.
    I know, pretyt happy about that cuz i get stressed so easily. So, atleast i won't worry too much
    Ah, I see because she is not really good with interviews and stuff so she is getting prep courses but thats nice to know that they don't look for perfection. Must have been nerve wracking?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Christ's! :woohoo:

ReputationRep:
    I never expected to find you on my brother's new favourite show...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Me too ! When's yours, and who are your interviewers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instrumentalist)
    Me too ! When's yours, and who are your interviewers?
    Mine's on the 9th, with Professor Edwardson and Professor Gillard for the subject one and Dr Navaratnam for the general one. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Mine's on the 9th, with Professor Edwardson and Professor Gillard for the subject one and Dr Navaratnam for the general one. What about you?
    Exactly the same but on the 8th. On the email did it have the month before the date, eg 12/8/2011? That threw me off for about 20 seconds haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new tonight
    applied for medicine
    got an interview at KINGS ON 14TH dECEMBER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instrumentalist)
    Exactly the same but on the 8th. On the email did it have the month before the date, eg 12/8/2011? That threw me off for about 20 seconds haha
    Yeah me too! I blinked at it a few times cos I was just having a quick peek at my emails and got stunned for a second. This means I'm missing my C3 trial...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cz100)
    hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview.
    Good luck and congrats!.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.