Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Interview at Christ's! :woohoo:
    Woohoo congrats! I guess no more impatience now eh buddy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    I know, pretyt happy about that cuz i get stressed so easily. So, atleast i won't worry too much
    Ah, I see because she is not really good with interviews and stuff so she is getting prep courses but thats nice to know that they don't look for perfection. Must have been nerve wracking?
    Ah okay, just get her to practise with various teachers at school, the more people asking different questions the better - much more useful than making hundreds of notes on questions.
    Yes SO nerve wracking! I literally couldn't eat anything that day and my hands were like shaking when I went in, lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Ah okay, just get her to practise with various teachers at school, the more people asking different questions the better - much more useful than making hundreds of notes on questions.
    Yes SO nerve wracking! I literally couldn't eat anything that day and my hands were like shaking when I went in, lol.
    I will tell her that, not sure if it will help cuz her admission tutor sucks but Thanks for all the help. Oh, did u use any interview books or anything or was it purely practice with the teachers?
    Aw, I feel for you. I remember that feeling on UKCAT day.So nerve-wracking.

ReputationRep:
    hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview.
    Good luck and congrats!.
    Thanks
    Hope you get one soon
    (Original post by Nator)
    Woohoo congrats! I guess no more impatience now eh buddy?
    Trying to book flights now, not fun.

ReputationRep:
    hm. surprising how whoever i talk to is interview-less one day and the next day, they get their interview.
    Good luck and congrats!.
    Maybe we should have a chat then
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Maybe we should have a chat then
    Good one bud.
    Aren't you one of those people with crazy high UKCAT as well? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Law applicant, but good luck to y'all anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I will tell her that, not sure if it will help cuz her admission tutor sucks but Thanks for all the help. Oh, did u use any interview books or anything or was it purely practice with the teachers?
    Aw, I feel for you. I remember that feeling on UKCAT day.So nerve-wracking.
    Can't she get mock interviews with related subject teachers such as a biology teacher, or can she only use her admission tutor?
    I use the ISC book, by the same people who wrote the 600 Q UKCAT book. It was very useful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Can't she get mock interviews with related subject teachers such as a biology teacher, or can she only use her admission tutor?
    I use the ISC book, by the same people who wrote the 600 Q UKCAT book. It was very useful.
    Oh, yeah true say. Nope, she gos to a tiny private school so I am sure someone will help her out.
    Ah, I have that book, but didn't get a chance to open it yet. swamped with work.

ReputationRep:
    mock interview went okay today.

struggled a bit on nhs reforms but thats okay because ive known thats my weakness and its something im working on.

other than that, just need to think before i speak, smile, and slow down
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    :gah:

Congrats!!

(Original post by cz100)
    I never expected to find you on my brother's new favourite show...
    :rofl:

That's just so apt... I wonder if they modelled it on me :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    FINALLY YOU GOT AN INTERVIEW! WELL DONE! Told you patience is the best way to go

ReputationRep:
    Good luck and congrats!.
    Ahah aww bless youu :hugs: be patient, yours might come anytime soon :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    mock interview went okay today.

struggled a bit on nhs reforms but thats okay because ive known thats my weakness and its something im working on.

other than that, just need to think before i speak, smile, and slow down
    Good glad to hear that Mine's next week. And yeah, NHS reforms :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    :gah:

Congrats!!

:rofl:

That's just so apt... I wonder if they modelled it on me :teehee:
    Thanks! Of all 8 of the characters, the medic just had to be the penguin... you better set a good example now you have an influence on the younger generation.
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    FINALLY YOU GOT AN INTERVIEW! WELL DONE! Told you patience is the best way to go
    Thank you
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    Thanks! Of all 8 of the characters, the medic just had to be the penguin... you better set a good example now you have an influence on the younger generation.

Thank you
    Already do have influence on younguns.... you lot

You all make me feel old :shakecane:

Did you react at all when you saw it? And did your ickle brother notice? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Already do have influence on younguns.... you lot

You all make me feel old :shakecane:

Did you react at all when you saw it? And did your ickle brother notice? :mmm:
    I was just familiarising myself with the characters cos my brother bought the Octonauts annual and was making me read it to him. When I got to the character profiles and saw that one I thought 'hey there's a penguin', then I saw its job title was 'medic' and I thought 'oh my, PSQ is everywhere'. My brother prefers the bear though, so you're not his hero yet.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cz100)
    I was just familiarising myself with the characters cos my brother bought the Octonauts annual and was making me read it to him. When I got to the character profiles and saw that one I thought 'hey there's a penguin', then I saw its job title was 'medic' and I thought 'oh my, PSQ is everywhere'. My brother prefers the bear though, so you're not his hero yet.
    Give it time, he'll realise penguins are awesome :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just found out my friends are planning a surprise for me for my birthday on Monday, dunno how I'm supposed to react :angel:

ReputationRep:
    Give it time, he'll realise penguins are awesome :yep:
    Well he does love Pingu.
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Just found out my friends are planning a surprise for me for my birthday on Monday, dunno how I'm supposed to react :angel:
    Aww that's so nice! Once one of my friend's mum secretly contacted all of us to give her a surprise 16th party, we'd arranged to go to her house and her mum would pick her up from her Saturday job so we'd be waiting at her house. Then it all had to be cancelled cos her brother caught swine flu.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.