Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hslakaal)
    shall join the celebratory messages. (I wonder how many people will congratulate you :rolleyes: )

Happy birthday stranger. I hope your life is good.

and only an iPad?
    Hahaa thank you and keep em' coming peoples

Thanks stranger

and haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Time Coming)
    "Sent from my iPhone"
    my God that was quite bad, sorry! Also you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Wow congrats! And omg that's horrible :zomg: I'm already struggling with the 13 days I have left till mine :|
    I know right?!?! And i get distracted way too easily. I mean look at me... why am i on thestudentroom when i should be preparing?!?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa thank you and keep em' coming peoples
    Happy Birthday! You can take a day off worrying about getting into med school today

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday!
    I took the UKCAT on my birthday, with the attitude that you're not allowed to get a bad mark on your birthday. If only interviews could be on my birthday as well... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sooo good to get some news!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess Sam)
    I know right?!?! And i get distracted way too easily. I mean look at me... why am i on thestudentroom when i should be preparing?!?:confused:
    Omg I totally understand so do I it's actually ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Happy Birthday! You can take a day off worrying about getting into med school today
    Thanks and haha that's all I'm thinking about lol :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Happy birthday!
    I took the UKCAT on my birthday, with the attitude that you're not allowed to get a bad mark on your birthday. If only interviews could be on my birthday as well... :rolleyes:
    THANK YOU and haha youre lucky! I'm never lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBess)
    Happy Birthday
    Thank yooh Feel like I've taken over the thread now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Newcastle!! now I have to figure out how to get there from 175 miles away for 11:30am without breaking the bank!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know whether it would be possible to defer entry after I get an offer (assuming I get an offer)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Anybody know whether it would be possible to defer entry after I get an offer (assuming I get an offer)?
    Yeah, it's possible, but they'd like a good reason for it. Some unis aren't that happy, but others are, depends on how the admissions tutor is feeling on a particular day I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Yeah, it's possible, but they'd like a good reason for it. Some unis aren't that happy, but others are, depends on how the admissions tutor is feeling on a particular day I guess.
    Would wanting to mature and make some money be a good enough reason.

ReputationRep:
    this application cycle is becoming a bit dear. spent around £170 already on the application/ukcat/books and i haven't even thought about needing to buy train tickets anywhere :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    Interview at Newcastle!! now I have to figure out how to get there from 175 miles away for 11:30am without breaking the bank!
    Camel back :awesome:

Nah seriously though, if you've got a railcard that's a big help apparently. Otherwise just close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of it as an investment. :p:

edit: and congrats! Newcastle (the city anyways- don't know much about the med school) is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)

Nah seriously though, if you've got a railcard that's a big help apparently. Otherwise just close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of it as an investment. :p:

edit: and congrats! Newcastle (the city anyways- don't know much about the med school) is great
    Odds are, buying a railcard now would have already paid for itself from just that one journey. They're only £30 a year, and you get 1/3 off all rail travel, absolute bargain! I think you can get local ones for even cheaper too.

If I get an interview I'll be looking at either a 360 mile drive, or an even longer train journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    this application cycle is becoming a bit dear. spent around £170 already on the application/ukcat/books and i haven't even thought about needing to buy train tickets anywhere :/
    Wow I haven't spent that much on books, and I thought like £30 was expensive!

(Original post by Normandy114)
    Odds are, buying a railcard now would have already paid for itself from just that one journey. They're only £30 a year, and you get 1/3 off all rail travel, absolute bargain! I think you can get local ones for even cheaper too.

If I get an interview I'll be looking at either a 360 mile drive, or an even longer train journey.
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)

I luckily already have a railcard still looking at around £50 though, and that's only if I can stay at my sister's bf's house in Newcastle the night before (he goes to the uni), if not more like £90 to get a train at around 6am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz876)
    Wow I haven't spent that much on books, and I thought like £30 was expensive!

I luckily already have a railcard still looking at around £50 though, and that's only if I can stay at my sister's bf's house in Newcastle the night before (he goes to the uni), if not more like £90 to get a train at around 6am
    looool well £70 of it was the ukcat, £20 was the application, so really its about £90 on books - and of that a couple are just my interest

an interview at newcastle would set me back a good £100 and one for st andrews even more!

(not that im complaining if i get an interview )

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.