Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Imperial. I just said :sigh:

The letter hasn't come through yet, but with my bmat its basically a rejection. Today out of all days I had to receive all these bad news :cry:
    Oh that's not a rejection then. :eek:
    No news is good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Oh that's not a rejection then. :eek:
    No news is good news.
    Have you seen my bmat? lets not kid ourselves here

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen my bmat? lets not kid ourselves here
    It could be worse, having 2 rejections and NO interviews so far
    Cambridge rejected me a moment ago, and my BMAT is wayyy below the UCL average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    Just got my HYMS interview!
    So excited.
    Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    It could be worse, having 2 rejections and NO interviews so far
    Cambridge rejected me a moment ago, and my BMAT is wayyy below the UCL average
    I'm sorry to hear that, I know how it feels :hugs:
    You will get an interview soon :hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Congrats.
    Thank you!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple17)
    Thank you! Waited so long
    Don't worry! Did u do well on BMAT?
    Quite well...I just have no idea how well is good enough for them though :L
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pianoboe)
    Quite well...I just have no idea how well is good enough for them though :L
    Good job. Hope you get the interview soon!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I honestly thought I could not feel any worse today...rejection from HYMS :cry:
    :console:

Your application has mimicked mine slightly last year atm.. A rejection from HYMS pre-interview and interview from BL (though mine was much later than yours)

Are HYMS still offering for you to be considered on another course at either uni?
    If so do you think you'll do it/what would you go for?

Only takes one offer

Know it sucks (yes.. I do) but you need to try and stay on target with interview prep

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought I could not feel any worse today...rejection from HYMS :cry:
    Same it sucks, especially because a couple of people on my current course got their interview there, so I can't help wondering why not me I've worked so hard. But then again....I let myself down on the UKCAT big time so I'm hardly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cityshy)
    Same it sucks, especially because a couple of people on my current course got their interview there, so I can't help wondering why not me I've worked so hard. But then again....I let myself down on the UKCAT big time so I'm hardly surprised.
    Yeah I know what you mean/how you feel. I'm the same Hope it works out for the both of us
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I know what you mean/how you feel. I'm the same Hope it works out for the both of us
    Morning! :hi: Checked your phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Morning! :hi: Checked your phone?
    No I haven't, not yet. I will do now and reply asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    :console:

Your application has mimicked mine slightly last year atm.. A rejection from HYMS pre-interview and interview from BL (though mine was much later than yours)

Are HYMS still offering for you to be considered on another course at either uni?
    If so do you think you'll do it/what would you go for?

Only takes one offer

Know it sucks (yes.. I do) but you need to try and stay on target with interview prep
    Thanks Yeah it sucks, I had a really horrible day yesterday. Did bad on my bmat so rejection from Imp coming. Missed the bus THREE times on the way to sixth form so arrived late, and then the rejection from HYMS to crown it off did you also apply to a bmat?

Yeah they are offering :yep: Is there any point though, do you think I should?

Yeah it takes one interview, one offer. I need to work really hard for this interview, that's another thing that's stressing me If I'm rejected from BL I think I will lose the will to live :cry:

I wasted the whole day yday so today is gonna be full of interview prep. Then on sat got an interview course I paid for that runs all day (its at Imp what are the odds? :sigh:) so I will use it wisely :sadnod: Thanks PSQ
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks Yeah it sucks, I had a really horrible day yesterday. Did bad on my bmat so rejection from Imp coming. Missed the bus THREE times on the way to sixth form so arrived late, and then the rejection from HYMS to crown it off did you also apply to a bmat?

Yeah they are offering :yep: Is there any point though, do you think I should?

Yeah it takes one interview, one offer. I need to work really hard for this interview, that's another thing that's stressing me If I'm rejected from BL I think I will lose the will to live :cry:

I wasted the whole day yday so today is gonna be full of interview prep. Then on sat got an interview course I paid for that runs all day (its at Imp what are the odds? :sigh:) so I will use it wisely :sadnod: Thanks PSQ
    How can you miss three buses? :lol:
    Nah, I hate the look of the BMAT that I've never taken the damn thing :noway:

There isn't really much point if you don't want to take it if you get all 4 rejections and would take a gap year instead. However it can't hurt so you might as well, nothing to lose and it's always extra choice :yy:

Try not to get yourself too down or too stressed. Know that's hard but you need to make sure you stay human for the interview

Even with the day off yesterday how do you feel your prep is coming along? Any more questions?

I won't be able to help out on the 1st unfortunately (would have loved to) but I'll be in things all day. Will be in Whitechapel in the afternoon though iirc so might say hi

ReputationRep:
    How can you miss three buses? :lol:
    Nah, I hate the look of the BMAT that I've never taken the damn thing :noway:

There isn't really much point if you don't want to take it if you get all 4 rejections and would take a gap year instead. However it can't hurt so you might as well, nothing to lose and it's always extra choice :yy:

Try not to get yourself too down or too stressed. Know that's hard but you need to make sure you stay human for the interview

Even with the day off yesterday how do you feel your prep is coming along? Any more questions?

I won't be able to help out on the 1st unfortunately (would have loved to) but I'll be in things all day. Will be in Whitechapel in the afternoon though iirc so might say hi
    Well I missed the first bus because I was talking with my sister, so decided to make it for the second bus. Got there when it was driving off so I decided to pop back home and get changed because I didn't like my outfit, got back to the stop and saw the bus so I started to run, as soon as I get there it was driving away fml

Yeah I won't take it if I get all rejections as long as I have AAA. But yeah I have nothing else to lose so might as well. Any courses in mind?

I've been sad all yesterday so today is a new day need to move on and focus. Even with the day off I feel it's going okay, I'm on track as long as I work hard. And yeah I wondered how long they took to ask about the article, personal statement and other stuff.

Noooooooooo my interview's at 3:00pm though? Does that help?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well I missed the first bus because I was talking with my sister, so decided to make it for the second bus. Got there when it was driving off so I decided to pop back home and get changed because I didn't like my outfit, got back to the stop and saw the bus so I started to run, as soon as I get there it was driving away fml

Yeah I won't take it if I get all rejections as long as I have AAA. But yeah I have nothing else to lose so might as well. Any courses in mind?

I've been sad all yesterday so today is a new day need to move on and focus. Even with the day off I feel it's going okay, I'm on track as long as I work hard. And yeah I wondered how long they took to ask about the article, personal statement and other stuff.

Noooooooooo my interview's at 3:00pm though? Does that help?
    I shouldn't laugh but :rofl:

Fair enough. Course choice is obviously up to you
    You have an offer for chemistry (that's C700 right?) so maybe a course other than chemistry :dontknow:

Well it varied a lot last year by the sounds of things.. some people talked lots about the article, others talked lots about work experience, others apparently just talked about random things :lol:
    Not a helpful answer but be prepared to talk about all sorts
    Make sure you have enough points about the article that are decent in order to talk for a good 3 minutes or so. They might prompt you with questions about it though. They'll be interested in your opinion so make sure you mention it and back it up in some way.
    They don't care what you think, they care HOW you think

Afraid not.. I'm in microanatomy from 2 till 3 30 so if they show you the computer room on the ground floor of the garrod after your interview then I'll be in there. Unless they're delayed with the tours in which case I might be floating around

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't laugh but :rofl:

Fair enough. Course choice is obviously up to you
    You have an offer for chemistry (that's C700 right?) so maybe a course other than chemistry :dontknow:

Well it varied a lot last year by the sounds of things.. some people talked lots about the article, others talked lots about work experience, others apparently just talked about random things :lol:
    Not a helpful answer but be prepared to talk about all sorts
    Make sure you have enough points about the article that are decent in order to talk for a good 3 minutes or so. They might prompt you with questions about it though. They'll be interested in your opinion so make sure you mention it and back it up in some way.
    They don't care what you think, they care HOW you think

Afraid not.. I'm in microanatomy from 2 till 3 30 so if they show you the computer room on the ground floor of the garrod after your interview then I'll be in there. Unless they're delayed with the tours in which case I might be floating around
    Someone is so going to run into your class naked and shout your TSR name and wait for your response. I can see it happening
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Someone is so going to run into your class naked and shout your TSR name and wait for your response. I can see it happening
    You say that as if it's a rare occurrence :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    When did the BMAT results come out?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.