Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently heard my teacher say that there is no human biology in A2 for our exam board :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    AQA is so awful. :mad2:
    It is with Biology, although I do have to admit that it isn't so bad with Chemistry. Those are the only two subjects I do with AQA so can't really compare their awfulness to other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    It is with Biology, although I do have to admit that it isn't so bad with Chemistry. Those are the only two subjects I do with AQA so can't really compare their awfulness to other subjects.
    I'm with Edexcel for Chemistry and it's soso much better, it's actually science haha. But for GCSEs, AQA Chemistry was okay but Biology has just gotten worse since GCSE. The papers are actually ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    AQA is so awful. :mad2:
    I feel like you could just write 3 or 4 "buzzwords" for an AQA answer and get the marks. Of course, knowing what those words are is like predicting the lottery numbers.
    And don't even get me started on 'How Science Works' -____-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    That's why I'm so pleased I do Salters Chemistry- I couldn't stand doing another science (along with biology) with AQA.

Salters may be a hard course, but they ask you relevant chemical information, not How science works and application nonsense.
    Same, I'm actually quite glad, saw a couple of past papers from exam boards... OCR Salters B is difficult though.

ReputationRep:
    You lot must find it so difficult with exam boards I couldn't cope with all that nonsense... Thank God for the SQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    You mean the BMAT?
    Yes it's hard and takes a long time to prepare for. Takes up a lot of A level time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbo12)
    Yes it's hard and takes a long time to prepare for. Takes up a lot of A level time.
    not always.
    most people I know revised for it over summer and then just did a bit more at the end of october. It is hard and there's no way to know if it's going to go well before you apply for universities. that

It depends a lot on how individual people prepare for things, not everyone will have to work hard at it.
    That said, the advice I was given both on here and by my teachers was to only apply to one BMAT med school because you don't know what you will get beforehand and if it doesn't go well then it's harder to get a place.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry: Edexcel
    Physics: OCR (IOP)
    Biology: OCR
    Maths: OCR
    Further Maths: OCR (MEI)
    RE: AQA

Those are my exam boards
    Anyone with the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)
    not always.
    most people I know revised for it over summer and then just did a bit more at the end of october. It is hard and there's no way to know if it's going to go well before you apply for universities. that

It depends a lot on how individual people prepare for things, not everyone will have to work hard at it.
    That said, the advice I was given both on here and by my teachers was to only apply to one BMAT med school because you don't know what you will get beforehand and if it doesn't go well then it's harder to get a place.
    What did u get on the bmat?

ReputationRep:
    What did u get on the bmat?

5.8 6.2 3.5A
    And it didn't interfere wit my a levels beyong i messed double physics to sit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)
    5.8 6.2 3.5A
    And it didn't interfere wit my a levels beyong i messed double physics to sit it.
    Good scores you'd have definitely gotten imperial and ucl. Cambridge give offers of A*AA dont they?

ReputationRep:
    Good scores you'd have definitely gotten imperial and ucl. Cambridge give offers of A*AA dont they?
    Not nessesarily I would have been above the threshold that doesn't mean I would get a place. Though from what you were saying earlier in the thread I shouldn't have applied to any of them because BMAT is too hard.

Cambridge do give A*AA offers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if you know that most uni's want you to take the BMAT/UKCAT so I'm not just not going to apply because of them..

Besides I'll start revising after the AS exams over the summer - that way it won't effect my grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)
    Not nessesarily I would have been above the threshold that doesn't mean I would get a place. Though from what you were saying earlier in the thread I shouldn't have applied to any of them because BMAT is too hard.

Cambridge do give A*AA offers.
    You already got a good score and know that you're clever anyway. You chose to take the risk, and that's fine. And I'm not saying that because the BMAT is too hard, don't take it. I said that it is simply a risk and be aware that the test is not easy. You're insinuating that I have a snake-like agenda to stop people applying there. You should learn some social skills in the sense that if somebody offers you a compliment,

JUST SAY THANK YOU!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    I'm not sure if you know that most uni's want you to take the BMAT/UKCAT so I'm not just not going to apply because of them..

Besides I'll start revising after the AS exams over the summer - that way it won't effect my grades.
    You say that you will but you're gonna have ukcat in the summer and school soon afterwards. You're also gonna want to relax in summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Jw, does anyone know what raw mark you had to get in the Unit 1 Jan 2011 Chemistry paper (edexcel) to get full ums?

ReputationRep:
    Jw, does anyone know what raw mark you had to get in the Unit 1 Jan 2011 Chemistry paper (edexcel) to get full ums?
    One more than you got.

And www.govisitthedexcelwebsiteyounoob.com

ReputationRep:
    You say that you will but you're gonna have ukcat in the summer and school soon afterwards. You're also gonna want to relax in summer holidays.
    Maybe.. but after 8 weeks of nothing I'd be pretty bored, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Had chemistry and biology ISA resits today. I got As in both originally but apparently, overall, my year did so badly with coursework this time around that they made the resits compulsory :frown:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.