The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)
GAHHHHH :frown:

ive been to waitrose, whsmith, boots and tescos on my advent calendar hunt and still no luck!

Didn't realise you'd had your Barts interview, how was it?!
Original post by Parle à ma main
Didn't realise you'd had your Barts interview, how was it?!

that would be ViceVersa :tongue:

didnt apply to barts :h:
that would be ViceVersa :tongue:

didnt apply to barts :h:

Oops, my bad, sorry. :p: Must have been looking at one of your posts but ViceVersa's sig.

Good luck with your interviews, though, looks like you have a busy few weeks ahead!
Original post by ViceVersa
Righty, thanks :biggrin:

How was the interview? Do you feel it went alright?
Reply 9784
Righty, thanks :biggrin:

How was the Barts interview?
Reply 9785
if she applied by the end of october she'd have been too late :tongue:

i heard on thursday last week, but i think theyre giving them out in batches, so she should probably hear back soon, with stats like those! mine are in my sig if you're that interested :smile:

and 610 is not a bad score! i know people who are applying with scores in the low 500s so by no means does she have a low score :biggrin:

Aaah cheers, sorry end of september, (I know she was relatively early). Aaah thats awesome, heres hoping for her (:
I swear if I don't get an offer/place in medicine this year. I will apply to Barts and will get in.

Then stalk penguinsaysquack forever.
How was the interview? Do you feel it went alright?

Original post by Besakt
How was the Barts interview?

My interview was okay I think. I can't really describe it, like when you leave it's hard to tell how you actually did. I was stressful though, and not in a way I expected. I tried to handle the situation calmly though, and I tried my best to respond to the questions. That's all I can really say - like I know I could have done better, but at least I tried my best. I guess only there decision would tell how well I really did :redface:

Have any of you two gotten any interviews yet, or are you still waiting?
Reply 9788
My interview was okay I think. I can't really describe it, like when you leave it's hard to tell how you actually did. I was stressful though, and not in a way I expected. I tried to handle the situation calmly though, and I tried my best to respond to the questions. That's all I can really say - like I know I could have done better, but at least I tried my best. I guess only there decision would tell how well I really did :redface:

Patiently waiting...:redface:

Ah, like when you leave an exam and can't remember it?
As long as you stayed calm and tried your best. :smile: I mean, no one can expect any more of you. Fingers crossed Barts get back to you soon with a good decision.

Yeah, I have an interview from UEA! Only heard yesterday. I reacted like an absolute madman :blush: But I like UEA a lot, I'd absolutely love to go there. :moon:

Dilemma though- should I take my dad or not? I have a feeling he wants to come, and Newcastle is quite far away from Norwich so I do want him to come, but at the same time, I don't want him sitting in the interview waiting room with me, and I was hoping I'd be able to go round Norwich with some other applicants who wanted to look round it. Hmmm. :/

Anyone still waiting for news- the buzz when you get that first interview is well worth the wait. :smile:

Yeah, I have an interview from UEA! Only heard yesterday. I reacted like an absolute madman :blush: But I like UEA a lot, I'd absolutely love to go there. :moon:

Dilemma though- should I take my dad or not? I have a feeling he wants to come, and Newcastle is quite far away from Norwich so I do want him to come, but at the same time, I don't want him sitting in the interview waiting room with me, and I was hoping I'd be able to go round Norwich with some other applicants who wanted to look round it. Hmmm. :/

Anyone still waiting for news- the buzz when you get that first interview is well worth the wait. :smile:

I think it's largely personal, but I'd say go on your own. I only say this because I'm largely independent from my parents and like to explore places and see what they're like on my own. Also, for my St Andrews interview I went on my own and it turned out one of the girls there was staying at the same hotel as me so we took dinner together and had a chat and made friends overnight (no connotations :colone:) which was great! If I'd taken my parents, I wouldn't have been able to go chat with her. I made a friend at the BSMS interview that I might not have made if my parents went there with me, too!

On the other hand, if you'd prefer to go around with the security of your parents then go for it. As I say though, I'm really independent so I felt fine - personally. Also, if your parents want to see the area, you can always have them over when you're actually there if you do go there! :smile:
Original post by Besakt
Patiently waiting...:redface:

Its good your patient :yy: just focus on your A2's while you've got the chance as I'm sure you should be hearing soon :yes:

Ah, like when you leave an exam and can't remember it?
As long as you stayed calm and tried your best. :smile: I mean, no one can expect any more of you. Fingers crossed Barts get back to you soon with a good decision.

Yeah kinda :erm: I tried, you know? And brats won't be getting back to me soon as they give out their decisions in feb :sigh:

UEA? :woo: I'm so happy for you :smile: I hope you perform well, how's the prep? And when is it?

Erm I didnt want my mother to come but I secretly knew I'd struggle without her so yeah she came, but I didn't let her stay, I told her I just needed her to 'guide' me there and when we saw the building she waved goodbye and I came home myself after the interview. Gave me freedom to talk to the other applicsnts and go on a tour round the medical school. Also, when you finish an interview, the last thing you want is mum or dad shouting in your ear asking for exact details about how it went :lol: Like I kinda wanted that time to reflect before i had people asking how it was. Funny though, that in the waiting room almost everyone was sitting with a mum or dad :laugh: Hope I helped somewhat :rolleyes:

And it is a real buzz, isn't it? :biggrin: I'd say yeah, it was totally worth the wait :banana:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doctor.
I swear if I don't get an offer/place in medicine this year. I will apply to Barts and will get in.

Then stalk penguinsaysquack forever.

:rofl:

I'm going to have to make sure you get in this year then :afraid:

Spoiler

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:rofl:

I'm going to have to make sure you get in this year then :afraid:

Spoiler

:laugh: wish I could like this...:moon:
:laugh: wish I could like this...:moon:

:awesome:
Reply 9795
3 interviews yehaa has anyone heard from leeds?:/
Reply 9796
Original post by Doctor2b
hey guys - got an interview through today for queens belfast - my number one choice :redface:.

Sorry about last nights wee rant session - just sometimes i have a down day where i fell like crap and nothings going my way, thanks for the logical support to everyone who tried to cheer me up, now i have to go so that i can try to figure out how best to prepare for MMI

my number 1 choice too, so scared about these mmis!!
Original post by Sophia56
3 interviews yehaa has anyone heard from leeds?:/

According to the stalking thread, no.
Original post by CraigKirk
I think it's largely personal, but I'd say go on your own. I only say this because I'm largely independent from my parents and like to explore places and see what they're like on my own. Also, for my St Andrews interview I went on my own and it turned out one of the girls there was staying at the same hotel as me so we took dinner together and had a chat and made friends overnight (no connotations :colone:) which was great! If I'd taken my parents, I wouldn't have been able to go chat with her. I made a friend at the BSMS interview that I might not have made if my parents went there with me, too!

On the other hand, if you'd prefer to go around with the security of your parents then go for it. As I say though, I'm really independent so I felt fine - personally. Also, if your parents want to see the area, you can always have them over when you're actually there if you do go there! :smile:

I honestly don't know if I'm independent or not :erm: But yeah, I agree with you, exploring a city on your own is so much better. We went on a French trip to Paris and I got so annoyed cos no one wanted to look around as much as me and I ended up lost with awful french speaking skills. :p: But funnily enough, finding my way back, actually having to talk to french people was the most fun part of the trip.

And your experience (:sexface:) with the girl sounds cute! That's pretty much exactly why I want to go alone, you could get some really good friendships out of it.

I've not been on a train where I need to switch before so it might be worth him coming. I think he wants to come, because he wants to support me, so I might just let him, my 'rents have made tons of sacrifices for me, I need to start repaying them. :s-smilie:
Yeah kinda :erm: I tired, you know? And brats won't be getting back to me soon as they give out their decisions in feb :sigh:

UEA? :woo: I'm so happy for you :smile: I hope you perform well, how's the prep? And when is it?

Erm I didnt want my mother to come but I secretly knew I'd struggle without her so yeah she came, but I didn't let her stay, I told her I just needed her to 'guide' me there and when we saw the building she waved goodbye and I came home myself after the interview. Gave me freedom to talk to the other applicsnts and go on a tour round the medical school. Also, when you finish an interview, the last thing you want is mum or dad shouting in your ear asking for exact details about how it went :lol: Like I kinda wanted that time to reflect before i had people asking how it was. Funny though, that in the waiting room almost everyone was sitting with a mum or dad :laugh: Hope I helped somewhat :rolleyes:

And it is a real buzz, isn't it? :biggrin: I'd say yeah, it was totally worth the wait :banana:

Honestly, time will fly til Feb because you have exams to distract you... and hopefully a Keele interview too!

Thank you so much, you're lovely! :smile: It's not til the 5th of Jan so prep is non-existent atm. But I did medical ethics for Philosophy & Ethics last year, so I know the basics, which is less to worry about.

That's a good idea. My dad says he won't wait in the waiting room with me or anything, he'll wander around Norwich, so I guess it's ok. :smile: I got annoyed at him before because he said we would take sandwiches from home to eat at Norwich and I was like ...what :colonhash: I think I need to grow up :colondollar:

Really, people had parents with them? Ah ok, that's a relief tbh. But don't applicants talk to each other before going in for the interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending