(Original post by liviaaa)
    Okay cool!

I'm thinking about:

-Nottingham
    -Newcastle / Durham
    -Sheffield
    -Imperial

I'm not 100% sure though.
    Good luck in the UKCAT, the cut off this year was around 715!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyDaisy123)
    Im applying, BSMS, Peninsula, Southampton and Keele.
    I've retaken 1 biology as exam, so i can only apply there!

Are you aware of them upping their entry requirements?
    It doesnt matter if you have re taken an exam. I retook 2 of my chem modules. Tbh med schools aren't that bothered, as long as you are predicted the grades. Didn't you get ABBB? Those are fine to apply anywhere apart from UCL < they are the only med school which don't like re takes in A2 exams, I don't think they mind re takes in AS exams though.

So if you really like those med schools and their course then apply to them, if your only applying because you think there more relaxed about entry requirements then e very careful because you could be making the wrong choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Good luck in the UKCAT, the cut off this year was around 715!
    :confused: I don't really understand the whole what's a good / bad score, but I'm guessing that's high so I guess I'm going to have to study reeeeaaaallly hard this summer :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    It doesnt matter if you have re taken an exam. I retook 2 of my chem modules. Tbh med schools aren't that bothered, as long as you are predicted the grades. Didn't you get ABBB? Those are fine to apply anywhere apart from UCL < they are the only med school which don't like re takes in A2 exams, I don't think they mind re takes in AS exams though.

So if you really like those med schools and their course then apply to them, if your only applying because you think there more relaxed about entry requirements then e very careful because you could be making the wrong choice.
    Where did you get the impression that most med schools don't mind resits for A2's? Most of them say on their websites they won't consider re-sit applicants except under extreme circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I don't really understand the whole what's a good / bad score, but I'm guessing that's high so I guess I'm going to have to study reeeeaaaallly hard this summer :/
    Yeah, Sheffield LOVE the UKCAT, in a similar style to how Birmingham is to GCSEs. 600 is the standardised average, and generally anything over 700 is considered very good. If my UKCAT goes well I'll definitely think about trying for Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Sheffield LOVE the UKCAT, in a similar style to how Birmingham is to GCSEs. 600 is the standardised average, and generally anything over 700 is considered very good. If my UKCAT goes well I'll definitely think about trying for Sheffield.
    Oh okayy I was considering B'ham too.. as they don't have the UKCAT!

I was just looking at the UKCAT... it actually looks kinda fun haha - especially the shape questions.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okayy I was considering B'ham too.. as they don't have the UKCAT!

I was just looking at the UKCAT... it actually looks kinda fun haha - especially the shape questions.
    Do you have awesome GCSEs? I don't, hence avoiding Birmingham like a plague .

And do you mean abstract reasoning, because from what I've seen of it I hate it with a passion. IT MAKES NO SENSE :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have awesome GCSEs? I don't, hence avoiding Birmingham like a plague .

And do you mean abstract reasoning, because from what I've seen of it I hate it with a passion. IT MAKES NO SENSE :rolleyes:
    Well under general circumstances I would say yes, but for Birmingham perhaps not good enough - 8 A*s, 2 As?

Yess I think that looks like the easiest section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy Chuckie)
    Well I just want enough so that I can be at least slightly competative! I also need to volunteer soon as possible :eek:
    Volunteer in a carehome?

ReputationRep:
    Well under general circumstances I would say yes, but for Birmingham perhaps not good enough - 8 A*s, 2 As?

Yess I think that looks like the easiest section
    Birmingham is 8/9 A* I can't remember - I only have one

And it's impossible, quantitive reasoning however I find too easy :cool:

ReputationRep:

Haha seriously? From what I've seen AR is awful, QR is slightly better and DA is quite fun lol.

ReputationRep:

Their prospectus is 7 A*'s though I've heard who they actually accept is higher..

Oh is that the maths one? I like the maths/shape one's - but not the paragraph one's. :/ (Sorry about the lack of proper names, haha.)

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool!

I'm thinking about:

-Nottingham
    -Newcastle / Durham
    -Sheffield
    -Imperial

I'm not 100% sure though.
    As I am taking only 3 A levels,i wont be applying but sheffield n nottingham are the ones I am considering apart from leeds uni.i wonder if hullyork is good for medicine or not

ReputationRep:
    I've got to go to a care home today, even though it's half term. That's commitment for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cute_wish)
    As I am taking only 3 A levels,i wont be applying but sheffield n nottingham are the ones I am considering apart from leeds uni.i wonder if hullyork is good for medicine or not
    What... you're not applying?

Yes, hullyork is good for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    I've got to go to a care home today, even though it's half term. That's commitment for you.
    Good luck becoming a doctor if you think that's a big commitment..

ReputationRep:
    Have you any idea about how much scores some of the other uniz need approximately?

ReputationRep:
    What... you're not applying?

Yes, hullyork is good for medicine.
    Sorry I mean im not applying in imperial college but will be applying in others I have mentioned

ReputationRep:
    Have you any idea about how much scores some of the other uniz need approximately?
    Universities tend not to release that information, but you can generally get an idea by looking at the UKCAT scores of successful/unsuccessful applicants in the big medical applicants thread at the top of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    My Biology teacher at school said that if you want to apply to Sheffield and/or Barts for Medicine, you should have a UKCAT average of over 700

It sounds about right :holmes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.