The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
It doesnt matter if you have re taken an exam. I retook 2 of my chem modules. Tbh med schools aren't that bothered, as long as you are predicted the grades. Didn't you get ABBB? Those are fine to apply anywhere apart from UCL < they are the only med school which don't like re takes in A2 exams, I don't think they mind re takes in AS exams though.

So if you really like those med schools and their course then apply to them, if your only applying because you think there more relaxed about entry requirements then e very careful because you could be making the wrong choice.

Im predicted A*AA (this year with one biology as retake) so i will be having a gap year and re applying. I suppose the best thing i can do is ask any universities :smile:
Reply 1341
Original post by CrazyDaisy123
Im predicted A*AA (this year with one biology as retake) so i will be having a gap year and re applying. I suppose the best thing i can do is ask any universities :smile:

Well it would be great if you could get those grades and then apply to peninsula :wink:
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Yeah but travelling isn't the same as living somewhere... like, I dunno, I thought communities were more friendly in rural areas and stuff. :p:

Oh, right, makes sense. So what exactly do they managers do? I mean, mobile to deal with the whole area sounds like a massive responsibility!

130 miles. :eek: What they did makes sense, in that case, but poor women who have early as well as complicated deliveries!

It's probably the best way to deal with it :tongue:
Original post by thegodofgod
Which section of the UKCAT is the one with the list of numbers and letters with words/phrases next to them and you have to match them up according to the sequence of numbers/letters they give you in the question?

I LOVE that section :biggrin: :love:

Decision Analysis. My best section I seem to recall.....:colone:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Decision Analysis. My best section I seem to recall.....:colone:

yup :smile: Apparently the QR questions are a lot easier in the real exam compared to the ones in the 600 practice questions book. :eek:
yup :smile: Apparently the QR questions are a lot easier in the real exam compared to the ones in the 600 practice questions book. :eek:

Well I guessed all of mine in the exam :rolleyes: I tried the first few seriously, then realized I had no time at all.
Well I guessed all of mine in the exam :rolleyes: I tried the first few seriously, then realized I had no time at all.

ouch! what did you get in that section?
ouch! what did you get in that section?

680?? Something like that. It just proved to me that the test isn't really a test of ability...
My main worry UKCAT-wise is the timing, particulaly with the numerical questions - I'm not bad at maths when I can think and reason something through properly, but I don't stand a chance if I'm having to rush.
680?? Something like that. It just proved to me that the test isn't really a test of ability...

680's amazing!!! you must be really lucky - normally when I guess stuff without thinking I always get it wrong :tongue:
680's amazing!!! you must be really lucky - normally when I guess stuff without thinking I always get it wrong :tongue:

And I tried everyone of the AR and got 520 :rolleyes: I should've guessed them and all...:tongue:
Original post by Stegosaurus
My main worry UKCAT-wise is the timing, particulaly with the numerical questions - I'm not bad at maths when I can think and reason something through properly, but I don't stand a chance if I'm having to rush.

My main worry is that abstract reasoning is god damn impossible and I'll be relying on guesswork for all of it.
And I tried everyone of the AR and got 520 :rolleyes: I should've guessed them and all...:tongue:

Lol - that's why I'm a bit afraid of applying to Leicester - in terms of the UKCAT they look at your lowest section instead of your average score :frown:
Original post by Normandy114
My main worry is that abstract reasoning is god damn impossible and I'll be relying on guesswork for all of it.

Normally I just use elimination - I eliminate the options that don't sound right and go for the one that's the most fitting.

The shapey one? I'm not feeling too bad about that, but I can see what you mean - how on earth was I meant to know that there were more black pixels in the lower left hand corner of the triangles in the upper right quadrant of the square or whatnot :tongue:

Decision analysis has stumped me a bit when I've looked at it briefly in the past, but I imagine that gets a lot better when you practice and sort of "learn" what to do a bit more.
Lol - that's why I'm a bit afraid of applying to Leicester - in terms of the UKCAT they look at your lowest section instead of your average score :frown:

I must admit I think that is not the best way to use it...but what do I know? :tongue:

Prayer seems like a good preparation technique :rolleyes:
Normally I just use elimination - I eliminate the options that don't sound right and go for the one that's the most fitting.

I don't think you're thinking of the right section :confused:

Original post by Stegosaurus
The shapey one? I'm not feeling too bad about that, but I can see what you mean - how on earth was I meant to know that there were more black pixels in the lower left hand corner of the triangles in the upper right quadrant of the square or whatnot :tongue:

Decision analysis has stumped me a bit when I've looked at it briefly in the past, but I imagine that gets a lot better when you practice and sort of &quot;learn&quot; what to do a bit more.

Exactly! Some of the rules seem so 'abstract' and ambiguous it's frustrating as hell! DA isn't much fun either, I'll have to rely on my QR bringing it up, that seems to be the only one I understand...
I must admit I think that is not the best way to use it...but what do I know? :tongue:

Prayer seems like a good preparation technique :rolleyes:

lol - I'm not religious :redface:
I don't think you're thinking of the right section :confused:

woops - was thinking of Decision Analysis :mmm:

Have you decided when you're going to sit the UKCAT and/or BMAT?
Reply 1359
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
On medical school websites (I've looked at Manc and SGUL) AS grades aren't mentioned but it says applicants should be predicted AAA so tbh the person with BDE might be at a disadvantage at worst, but it shouldn't hold them back too much...

Honestly, I don't know, I'm going off what I've heard on here and what websites say (well, more like don't) say.

Okay. I just don't know why med schools would assume someone with ABD at AS could suddenly skip to AAA, as AS is half the A2 grade mark. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending