I thought Southampton didn't interview in the first place
    BM6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    BM6
    Ah, gotcha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    OCR Maths/Biology, AQA A Psychology and Edexcel chemistry. I'm resitting biology and chemistry unit 2 in the summer so I can try to enter A2 with all A's. I'm not too bothered about resits seeing as I know I won't get into Cambridge or UCL anyway.
    I thought you couldnt do medicine if you did resits?

Or is that if you do A levels over 3years.

Please confirm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasira372)
    I thought you couldnt do medicine if you did resits?

Or is that if you do A levels over 3years.

Please confirm
    It's A2 resits that tend not to be allowed, AS resits are fine everywhere except Cambridge and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    I'm awake way too early. I'm thinking to do some Stats today. Probability and Normal Distribution :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    I'm awake way too early. I'm thinking to do some Stats today. Probability and Normal Distribution :getmecoat:
    I've been awake for hours, I just can't sleep in the mornings. Today I'll be volunteering at a charity shop for a bit then keep telling myself I'll start revising later. I still have yet to start revising properly :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I've been awake for hours, I just can't sleep in the mornings. Today I'll be volunteering at a charity shop for a bit then keep telling myself I'll start revising later. I still have yet to start revising properly :teehee:
    Well, at least you'll be doing something productive haha. After exams are over, I really need to start volunteering again :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    It's A2 resits that tend not to be allowed, AS resits are fine everywhere except Cambridge
    You sure brah?

That isn't true, unless it's a requirement unique for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Normal distribution is the worst chapter in stats :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Normal distribution is the worst chapter in stats :/
    The working backwards stuff is the worst. I don't mind it the rest of it too much. I hate probability though lol, I don't even know what it is about it, it just takes me so much longer to do.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh - I hate both of those topics in S1 with a passion :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Ahh - I hate both of those topics in S1 with a passion :mad:
    I didn't understand Normal Distribution for the longest time, it's not tooo bad now. As long as I draw a graph for like every single question, it's okay...usually.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't understand Normal Distribution for the longest time, it's not tooo bad now. As long as I draw a graph for like every single question, it's okay...usually.
    We had our S1 Mock before the Easter holidays and it was the June 2010 Edexcel S1 paper. 87% was an A. -.-

I'm probably going to get an E on that paper :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    We had our S1 Mock before the Easter holidays and it was the June 2010 Edexcel S1 paper. 87% was an A. -.-

I'm probably going to get an E on that paper :cry2:
    I think I've done that past paper, but I didn't mark it properly, probably because I didn't understand half of it :lol: I was talking to someone in the year above who done S2 this January and they were saying that 90% raw marks was less than 90% UMS :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    You sure brah?

That isn't true, unless it's a requirement unique for medicine.
    No idea if it's specific to medicine, but neither Cambridge or UCL (forgot that one) accept AS resits for Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    No idea if it's specific to medicine, but neither Cambridge or UCL (forgot that one) accept AS resits for Medicine.
    sauce?

ReputationRep:
    sauce?
    Tomato.

EDIT: For Cambridge "We appreciate that, very occasionally, there are circumstances when the grades that an applicant achieves are not an accurate reflection of the student’s abilities and potential. Normally, however, you would not be advised to make an application based on re-sitting A levels to gain improved grades." - TSR Wiki Page

For UCL: "We do not consider resit students unless they have previously held a firm offer."

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Tomato.

EDIT: For Cambridge "We appreciate that, very occasionally, there are circumstances when the grades that an applicant achieves are not an accurate reflection of the student’s abilities and potential. Normally, however, you would not be advised to make an application based on re-sitting A levels to gain improved grades." - TSR Wiki Page

:dontknow:
    the other ones on TSR wiki are in regard to whole year resits? Is that one not?

ReputationRep:
    the other ones on TSR wiki are in regard to whole year resits? Is that one not?
    Here's an article that shows UCL's policy on AS resits, and justifies it on the basis of if you do poorly at AS, you'll be unlikely to succeed at their medical course. Cambridge I heard somewhere that they don't allow AS resits, although I can't find any evidence atm so I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Are you from London that your so interested in all those London Unis?

And btw, Business studies is a really good skill as a doctor, I bought this up in my interview. Helps you deal with difficult decisions, 'building up a rapport' with customers/patients and dealing with difficult patients etc. Working with people, communications, loads!
    Yeah I live near London, I really don't fancy leaving to study far from home. Plus I quite like London. I spoke to the admissions tutor for Imperial, and he agreed that it was a 'soft' option; and said I should take up another AS level :/

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.