Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemontang1)
    Leicester do care....they take your lowest UKCAT score and then score it accordingly...if youve got a low UKCAT sub section then you need to do extremely well in other sections to get an interview....anyway, their application procedure may be changing for 2012 entry. Xx
    Inorite? I like Leicester in that they are a lot more transparent in their admission process and requirements than some other universities. Birmingham are giving me very mixed messages right now :/

How many are going to the Leicester Open Day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidragon)
    Inorite? I like Leicester in that they are a lot more transparent in their admission process and requirements than some other universities. Birmingham are giving me very mixed messages right now :/

How many are going to the Leicester Open Day?
    Sorry im being a bit thick what does INORITE mean....im going to the leicester open day, but ive already got an offer! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Leicester do care....they take your lowest UKCAT score and then score it accordingly...if youve got a low UKCAT sub section then you need to do extremely well in other sections to get an interview....anyway, their application procedure may be changing for 2012 entry. Xx
    Damn - might not apply there now, I'll have to wait until the open day. Anyone here booked an open day place for Leicester for 11th June 2011?

Leicester Medical School Admissions News

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Damn - might not apply there now, I'll have to wait until the open day. Anyone here booked an open day place for Leicester for 11th June 2011?

I have!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)

I dont really know how I got an interview because my lowest sub set was 480, which would have got me 4 out of 10....because that was so low I had to get 10/10 on academics, ps, and reference...which I did....think the cut off was 34 out of 40...so it definately is possible if u really want to apply to leicester....ive not heard of anyone else with as low UKCAT, but it is possible. I did work experience in the leicester hospitals and it was absolutely AMAZING so it is definately worth applying there. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry im being a bit thick what does INORITE mean....im going to the leicester open day, but ive already got an offer! Xx
    If you say it, it sounds like "I know, right?"

Booked Open Day today

ReputationRep:

Booked Open Day today
    Oh dear, bit of a blonde moment...the specific medicine day is meant to be really good. Xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my EPQ on the treatment of adolescent depression (no jokes please :rolleyes:)

If I did the night before I would probably die inside for the exam. The week leading up to the exam is generally quite busy though if you get what I mean.

Mechanics in general is not fun because Maths hates me and I'm not too fond of it either. That said, most of my problems are niggly mistakes that we all make at times. I just seem to make millions of them so need to iron out my technique before exams.

I didn't know Cambridge looked grades more heavily that BMAT. I'm more confident in exams than I am in an aptitude test for which I haven't started preparing for yet... I've definitely got to uber ace these next exams...
    Maybe I should start revising o.o
    thats a good topic i find things like that really interesting. im doing mine of type 2 diabetes and why its becoming so prevalent. ive got a placement to be a consellor at a diabetes camp in america so hence why im doing my epq on it
    for cambridge it is just grades grades and more grades, which im a bit nervous about. almost finished my mocks now so will let you know what marks i get back. not looking forward to it to be honest. and right now im supposed to be revising more my chemistry tomorrow! goddammit! ahha
    found out today that im going to be the only girl in my year that takes physics to a level. HOW DEPRESSING! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiviD)
    thats a good topic i find things like that really interesting. im doing mine of type 2 diabetes and why its becoming so prevalent. ive got a placement to be a consellor at a diabetes camp in america so hence why im doing my epq on it
    for cambridge it is just grades grades and more grades, which im a bit nervous about. almost finished my mocks now so will let you know what marks i get back. not looking forward to it to be honest. and right now im supposed to be revising more my chemistry tomorrow! goddammit! ahha
    found out today that im going to be the only girl in my year that takes physics to a level. HOW DEPRESSING! haha
    Go for it. If you've been doing okay so far you should do well. A lot of the time exams just depend on preparation and how scared you are of the exam (o.o, Biology exams...).

My reasons for doing my EPQ are that I am interested in Psychiatry, and the debate about psychotherapeutic treatment vs. biological treatment (drugs, ECT, Neurosurgery) is one that I feel I could run with (If I could motivate myself to start!).

ReputationRep:
    My reasons for doing my EPQ are that I am interested in Psychiatry, and the debate about psychotherapeutic treatment vs. biological treatment (drugs, ECT, Neurosurgery) is one that I feel I could run with (If I could motivate myself to start!).
    Just out of interest do you do psychology A level? The AS syllabus I'm revising now has quite a bit on the different approaches to treating abnormality, such as CBT and biological. Just wondering, because if not you may want to check it out.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so interesting! My school hasn't mentioned anything about an EPQ but I may have to read up on this stuff

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing OCR Bio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Anyone doing OCR Bio?
    :yes:

ReputationRep:

Booked Open Day today
    Where can I find the info about open days in different unis?is it on their website?i havent seen anywhere about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cute_wish)
    Where can I find the info about open days in different unis?is it on their website?i havent seen anywhere about it
    Yeah the open day information is all on their websites, or possibly prospectuses if you have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    :yes:
    Got any tips for the exams? :p: I'm struggling a bit as I missed a lot of the stuff taught in class due to poor attendance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Got any tips for the exams? :p: I'm struggling a bit as I missed a lot of the stuff taught in class due to poor attendance.
    CGP revision books :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Just out of interest do you do psychology A level? The AS syllabus I'm revising now has quite a bit on the different approaches to treating abnormality, such as CBT and biological. Just wondering, because if not you may want to check it out.
    Psychology was a new course at my school and was pitched with a PE angle (which the teachers now admit isn't actually true). As you might expect I was put off by this (original I intended to do Psychology instead of Maths as I hated Maths at GCSE )

That said, I'm now at AS and doing all right in all my subjects. I still wish I was doing Psychology but 5 A levels isn't exactly recommended by people

Maybe I'll do AS next year to appease myself? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That said, I'm now at AS and doing all right in all my subjects. I still wish I was doing Psychology but 5 A levels isn't exactly recommended by people

Maybe I'll do AS next year to appease myself? :rolleyes:
    If you think you can manage with 3 A2s and an extra AS next year then do what you want. It's an interesting subject, I'm glad I took it but will be dropping after summer exams (teacher can't teach ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiviD)
    hahah! i do epq too. what you doing it on?
    and yeah im the kind of person that does **** all during the year and then crams the night before the exam. little bit like what im supposed to be doing right now for my physics mock tomorrow.
    what gcse's did you get?
    im looking at cambridge because they look at the as grades more heavily than the bmat and im nervous about the essay part on the bmat because i am awful at writing essays!
    do you mean mechanics maths or physics??
    Hey just thought I would say, Cambridge actually look at the BMAT very heavily!! Along with AS grades. But the BMAT is one of their main areas, but they only look at the first 2 sections of the BMAT and completely ignore the essay section.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.