Turn on thread page Beta

how do you think red nose day went? watch

Announcements

Doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    The world's 3rd or 4th largest economy doesn't need money, in fact, Japan needs young people, perhaps pay for a cruise liner to transfer them from piss-poor poverty to Japan.

ReputationRep:
    It's not like Japan is invested with AIDs and Malaria

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Every year we donate money to places like Africa, to make a boy live life another year in misery. No luxury's. No happiness. No money. Every year we donate money so people can "heal", but then after a year, they show us more videos of people living in poverty. Well didn't we pay like 30 million last year?
    I think we should donate money to Japan. Be fair. There land has been destroyed, and we need to help them. Red nose day isn't just about children in poverty in the UK and Africa, is it?
    If we donate to Japan we will be contributing to the economy (strengthening the stock market) , being diverse with ideas, not just same in, same out, every year. And saving the world from nuclear melt down (nuclear station being destroyed)
    All I'm saying is, I think we should donate more money to Japan, and less to LEDC's. Maybe next year, when Japan isn't suffering? Or maybe not wasting 50 million on warships to Libya!!!
    The money raised which I believe to be around £75 million would be a small drop in the ocean for Japan's economy, but I get your point about money having only a short-term impact on those in LEDCs.

ReputationRep:
    Also wasn't Japan's economy at its strongest against the dollar since WW2 this week?

ReputationRep:
    You mean donating a cheeky 20p DOESN'T instantly change the lives of every single person living in poverty?

...****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, lets donate to a country with a GDP of $5 trillion.
    I'm sure Africa can do without...

ReputationRep:
    japan is a strong country capable of rebuilding itself it will be back to how it was long before new Orleans will be and how long ago was Katrina?

edit: not trying to say the people aren't suffering or important just that their government will be able to help them a lot more in the long run than a poverty stricken african countries government will be able to help its people, and obviously we want to help our people because well there ours

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.