This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
It probably has the highest paid doctors in the world as well though
And the reason for that is that the various pofessional medical bodies restrict the number of MD's by

a) making the cost of approved courses cost prohibitive to all but the very wealthy
b) making getting a course approved extremely difficult
c) making overseas doctors jump through all kinds of hoops before they can practice.

So, Daveo, can look forward to being a practitioners assistant and emptying bed pans for many years until he is even allowed to take any exams to test his knowledge and capabilities.........as did a friend of mine who is a..........erm surgeon actually.

As a matter of fact the guy gave up after a couple of years demeaning, low paid, ****ty hospital assistant jobs........and went home!
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Mr Blair is still prime minister! Only thanks to Gordon Brown though without whom he would have lost the vote!
I wonder how long can blair last!
Stupid tuition fees!
Boohoo to gordon brown
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
And the reason for that is that the various pofessional medical bodies restrict the number of MD's by

a) making the cost of approved courses cost prohibitive to all but the very wealthy
b) making getting a course approved extremely difficult
c) making overseas doctors jump through all kinds of hoops before they can practice.

So, Daveo, can look forward to being a practitioners assistant and emptying bed pans for many years until he is even allowed to take any exams to test his knowledge and capabilities.........as did a friend of mine who is a..........erm surgeon actually.

As a matter of fact the guy gave up after a couple of years demeaning, low paid, ****ty hospital assistant jobs........and went home!
Then like i said i'll go anywhere so long as this government don't benefit from my training!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Anywhere to get away from this madness!
I'd rather shoot myself than pay money to the theiving bas*****!
Theiving? They're are still going to be paying 5/6s (probably more considering you're studying medicine) of the true cost of your cost.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Then like i said i'll go anywhere so long as this government don't benefit from my training!
I can see where you're coming from on this one, although they won't actually affect you, will they? are you already at uni?

(by the way thronsnroses, you never told me what you thought of me, as promised - fire away...)
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
I can see where you're coming from on this one, although they won't actually affect you, will they? are you already at uni?

(by the way thronsnroses, you never told me what you thought of me, as promised - fire away...)
Yes i am at uni! my first year! it's irrelevant if they affect me! Its the principal.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Despite the fact that the government have paid for most of his training?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Despite the fact that the government have paid for most of his training?
I think Daveo and his med friends should be forced to stay and serve their country for at least 10 years after they graduate. If necessary, their passports should be revoked.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Yes i am at uni! my first year! it's irrelevant if they affect me! Its the principal.
The principal that they'd dare to charge you 15% of what your degree actually costs?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Daveo and his med friends should be forced to stay and serve their country for at least 10 years after they graduate. If necessary, their passports should be revoked.
Your not having my passsport!
And in that case! I want every degree students passport and any degree student who doesnt get a job gets no benefits.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
oh well.

love Katy ***
Just five votes, that's far too close - ! It's not fair. Anyhow I have a feeling the whole situation wasn't concerned about top up fees solely.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm, maybe not
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
fair. but you're in a slightly better position than eric, say!

simple what the heck are you on about?!?!?!?! if i hadn done my repping for toasdy already you would have some serious -ve coming your way. this is possibly worse than most of the stuff i've even heard vienna say! jeez.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm gutted that they won but the fact that they only won by a majority of 5 shows that they did not have overall popularity. The government will not benefit hugely from this victory. They will be remebered as teh government that ignored the majority of the population and went ahead with a potentially damaging bill. INterested to see how Hutton enquiery turns out tommorrow but apparently Huttun vindicates the government and just has a go at the beeb.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Just five votes, that's far too close - ! It's not fair. Anyhow I have a feeling the whole situation wasn't concerned about top up fees solely.
yep, 5 votes, meaning that if just 3 more people, out of around 700 had stuck to their guns, the government would have suffered a humiliating defeat. i'll say it again - 3 out of 700 ppl. disgraceful.
and you can bet the party whips were out in full force today to ensure that majority of 5 votes.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sigh - i hate it how mr blair manages to get away with almost anything.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
fair. but you're in a slightly better position than eric, say!

simple what the heck are you on about?!?!?!?! if i hadn done my repping for toasdy already you would have some serious -ve coming your way. this is possibly worse than most of the stuff i've even heard vienna say! jeez.
It's called an attempt at humor. Twat.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, 5 votes, meaning that if just 3 more people, out of around 700 had stuck to their guns, the government would have suffered a humiliating defeat. i'll say it again - 3 out of 700 ppl. disgraceful.
I knew the government would win - yet i was still hoping - and the fact it was so close just isn't fair! But the matter won't be dropped this quickly so i think we can still be pretty hopeful
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
hehe.
I'm glad you think it's funny(ish). Borish thinks I'm serious......oh dear....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads