Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
It's called an attempt at humor. ****.
thank god for that, i thougth you were serious. rant retracted
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I think Daveo and his med friends should be forced to stay and serve their country for at least 10 years after they graduate. If necessary, their passports should be revoked.
:rolleyes:

You can't force people to work if they don't want to.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
thank god for that, i thougth you were serious. rant retracted
Thankyou!
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm glad you think it's funny(ish). Borish thinks I'm serious......oh dear....
I must admit i thought you were serious! However if you were jokin it is acctually quite funny.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm glad you think it's funny(ish). Borish thinks I'm serious......oh dear....
well, given the range of political opinion on the forum, it was entirely possible you were serious...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)

Oh God! Not another one!

It's a joke for Christ's sake! You know........a quip that is supposed to induce laughter.........remember those?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I must admit i thought you were serious! However if you were jokin it is acctually quite funny.
I know I'm a bit of a "righty" but I'm not actually mentally ill you know!
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)

no, but you DO have to pay them benefits for not adding anything to the economy - maybe we've found a better source of finding the ~£9bn that is apparently needed to 'save' the uk's uni's. just dont pay bums to sit around. :rolleyes:
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no, but you DO have to pay them benefits for not adding anything to the economy - maybe we've found a better source of finding the ~£9bn that is apparently needed to 'save' the uk's uni's. just dont pay bums to sit around. :rolleyes:
I know exactly where my 9bn would come from but thats another arguement entirely!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Daveo and his med friends should be forced to stay and serve their country for at least 10 years after they graduate. If necessary, their passports should be revoked.
Passports revoked? The BMA would love that, and medics would be much more tempted to use their degree in well-paid specialities such as law, meaning that the £250,000 costs in training doctors would be completely wasted. Unfortunately for people who agree with the "forced to stay" theory, we can't force doctors to actually practice medicine when they actually have the degree.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know I'm a bit of a "righty" but I'm not actually mentally ill you know!

ahh good
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yep, 5 votes, meaning that if just 3 more people, out of around 700 had stuck to their guns, the government would have suffered a humiliating defeat. i'll say it again - 3 out of 700 ppl. disgraceful.
and you can bet the party whips were out in full force today to ensure that majority of 5 votes.
I'd like to point out that the fact that the 40-odd Scottish Labour MPs were allowed to vote on this issue is scandallous. Why should they be allowed to vote on a matter that doesn't concern Scotland? (I'm Scottish, btw, and still think it's wrong). Even if only 5 Scottish MPs voted for the bill, then that's how it got through. If they hadn't been allowed to vote, Blair would have fallen flat on his face. *seethes with rage at Blair's arrogance*
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I know exactly where my 9bn would come from but thats another arguement entirely!
of course we could always look to certain wars and reports coming out tomorrow for a lot of that money :rolleyes:
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I'd like to point out that the fact that the 40-odd Scottish Labour MPs were allowed to vote on this issue is scandallous. Why should they be allowed to vote on a matter that doesn't concern Scotland? (I'm Scottish, btw, and still think it's wrong). Even if only 5 Scottish MPs voted for the bill, then that's how it got through. If they hadn't been allowed to vote, Blair would have fallen flat on his face. *seethes with rage at Blair's arrogance*
Unfortunately, the people who actually decide who gets to vote on this issue are the ones needing the votes in the first place.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
of course we could always look to certain wars and reports coming out tomorrow for a lot of that money :rolleyes:
Well the report tommorow is gunna be another joke! THere is no way Hutton would be allowed to criticse the PM no matter how independent he is supposed to be.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
i think you've probably answered your own question about why they were allowed to vote even though it doesn't concern them - without them, those extra 3 people might have been lost
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Judging by the smile on Tony Blair's face, I don't think he has that much to worry about.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think you've probably answered your own question about why they were allowed to vote even though it doesn't concern them - without them, those extra 3 people might have been lost
And 1 of the conservatives voted with blair!
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Well the report tommorow is gunna be another joke! THere is no way Hutton would be allowed to criticse the PM no matter how independent he is supposed to be.
BBC and Greg Dyke are in for it apparently, though. good thing too, i dont like Dykes BBC. more PSB i say!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Oh, I don't know. I think Lord H would speak his mind if he really thought the PM was primarily to blame.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads