Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: if you knew a guy had 60million would he be more attractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentrepreneur)
    Think about it. Women have been the inferior gender since the beginning of time. They have always relied on men to provide for them.

They are programmed to be attracted to men with money.

This is also why they rarely invent anything worth mentioning. They would rather ponce off a rich man than work for their own money.
    Actually, i have a few ideas for inventions. So i plan to go to university get a degree in product design or mechanical engineering so i can make them.Work in the manufacturing province of Italy for 5-6 years where i can learn how those products work and develop prototypes of my own product and once the patent has gone through, strike up a licensing deal for some of my products and go to asia most probably china to get the other designs made.

This will take commitment and time i wouldn't have time to be throwing around money, and i will never live off anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Only if they were already attractive to start with.

Although if they had 60 million yen, I would be less impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where he got all the money from:
    1. If he earned it because he's a super intelligent, ambitious guy with great ideas and a strong work ethic then maybe.
    2. If he was left the money and was a spoilt, arrogant child who hadn't done a hard days work in his life, no.
    3. If he was left the money but was respectable and wanted to do something worthwhile with it like save the world then maybe.
    4. If he robbed a bank, then no.

It's all hypothetical tho since my boyfriend is worth far more than 60 million pounds, har

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't make him "attractive", but it'd make me much more likely to put up with it!

ReputationRep:
    He'd be more attractive yeah, but not enough to make me want to go out/marry him or w.e purely based on his money.
    If it was inherited, wouldnt bother me that much. If he had earned it, that would be quite attractive...a hard working guy is appealing.

I was offered this summer 15k by a guy to go spend the summer with him in Canada and declined. I want to do courses, travel europe etc this summer and that's more important to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDL445)
    Not a fat guy

60 MILLION POUNDS IN THE BANK

WHAT ELSE?!?
    Such a predictable thread, the girls will say no when they mean yes to get a moral high ground. Thread reslolved

ReputationRep:
    How did he get the money?
    Inherited- nah
    Illegal/immoral activity-nah
    Genuine hard work- yeah maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    He'd be more attractive yeah, but not enough to make me want to go out/marry him or w.e purely based on his money.
    If it was inherited, wouldnt bother me that much. If he had earned it, that would be quite attractive...a hard working guy is appealing.

I was offered this summer 15k by a guy to go spend the summer with him in Canada and declined. I want to do courses, travel europe etc this summer and that's more important to me.
    He offered 15k to spend time with him, haha, how pathetic. Is he Robert Redford?

ReputationRep:
    I think it really would depend how he'd come by such money! If he was some rich oil tycoon type guy it would really put me off him, to be honest! If he was head of some big company or something then I guess he'd be more attractive because of the people skills, intelligence, imagination etc he must have in order to attain that level of success.

I'd actually find the fact that he had so much money a bit intimdating though, to be honest- I hate being dependent on other people, so I wouldn't want to benefit from his money- and at the back of my mind I'd always be thinking that you don't become that successful without being more than a little ruthless or reckless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    I don't know, you tell me? I think your subconscious is clearly thinking of something although i would have no idea what as I had no such thoughts haha
    Fair play, fair play

ReputationRep:
    Well lots of people say no but then you see the supermodels with ugly old short/fat guys because they are rich. So in conclusion: probably yes.

ReputationRep:
    That's enough to turn a man.

ReputationRep:
    yeah he would be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    He offered 15k to spend time with him, haha, how pathetic. Is he Robert Redford?
    Basically a guy i was seeing and i wanted to spend summer doing things i wanted to do rather than go to him in canada...like i also need to work etc.
    So yeah, he offered 15k so i didnt have to work and go and see him instead. He's also pay for flight and everything else. He was completely and utterly in love with me.

But yeah, i'd rather spend my summer working with autistic kids/kids with disabilities and travelling europe.

ReputationRep:
    Nahh due to the recession £60 million won't even buy ya a box of matches.

ReputationRep:
    nope, he wouldn't be anymore attractive than the next guy..... Money can be lost so easily, so that's why it's better to find someone with a personality rather than great, large stinking heaps of cash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Basically a guy i was seeing and i wanted to spend summer doing things i wanted to do rather than go to him in canada...like i also need to work etc.
    So yeah, he offered 15k so i didnt have to work and go and see him instead. He's also pay for flight and everything else. He was completely and utterly in love with me.

But yeah, i'd rather spend my summer working with autistic kids/kids with disabilities and travelling europe.
    Aw. Good for you. Did you not feel the same, then? He should've offered to come with you, seeing as he could afford it, rather than try to stop you from going.

ReputationRep:
    honestly yes
    we are only human

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it would incease the amount of "interest" said guy would get from girls, but it wouldn't actually make him more attractive unless he used said money for plastic surgery health/beauty stuff.
    Although, evolutionary speaking, women are supposed to find men with means to support and protect them (the moolah) more attractive than those without, so it could go either way really :dontknow:

But personally for me, it would really make any difference. If I didn't find him attractive before I really don't think it would change anything although if I had already fancied him I might even be put off because I'd be worried about being seen as a gold digger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDL445)
    Not a fat guy

60 MILLION POUNDS IN THE BANK

WHAT ELSE?!?
    Boys: if a girl had gigantic boobs, perfect waist, big lips and a pert backside would she be more attractive?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.