Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion
    So you're not a muslim.

Don't marry a muslim man as that is pure deception. You are not a muslim so don't pretend to be one. He wants a muslim wife and you're not one so don't ruin anybody else's life over your lack of balls, so to speak, to stand up to your parents. That would make you the biggest hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Maybe not directly on that very night, but one way or another in my experience most people do go for that reason.
    Oh so you're basically saying that people go out looking for a girl/guy? I can agree with that, although I know a lot of people who go out who are in relationships, so aren't looking for other people. Clubbing isn't all about sex, end of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    last night i was out with a group of friends, i met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and i regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and i don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.
    you schlaaag!

Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.
    Tough, actions have consequences. You should have thought about that before doing anything regardless if you're Muslim or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Oh so you're basically saying that people go out looking for a girl/guy? I can agree with that, although I know a lot of people who go out who are in relationships, so aren't looking for other people. Clubbing isn't all about sex, end of
    Not looking for a girl/guy as in for a 'relationship', but just for sex. That's what clubs do best.

ReputationRep:
    I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion
    My parents didn't want me to be gay and you know what? I moved out and now I'm gay and free and happy to lead my own life.

ReputationRep:
    So wait, you're not a Muslim and you want to dupe an innocent Muslim guy into marrying you and pretend that you're a Muslim, just so you can keep your family?

I suggest you be up front and honest. Not because I give two ****s about you, but because you might ruin another mans life with your lies and secrets.

ReputationRep:
    awwww

I would advice you not to think to deep ....just beg God for forgiveness and move on with life. Make sure you don't commit the same sin again, whoever you end up marrying will love you for who you are whether your a V or not.

Good Luck....

ReputationRep:
    No offence or anything, but you made your bed now lay in it.

(Original post by Jepira4661)
    My parents didn't want me to be gay and you know what? I moved out and now I'm gay and free and happy to lead my own life.
    Good for you! Don't let them bring you down

Off topic, but did anyone else think of Katy Perry when they read the thread title? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Off topic, but did anyone else think of Katy Perry when they read the thread title? :teehee:
    That would be a good parody song,

"I lost my virginity and I regreeeeeet it doo doo doo doooo doo doo"

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha serves you right you ****!!

ReputationRep:
    You'll get over it soon. You know what they say - Time heals all wounds. Except the hymen.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the jerkoffs calling you a ****. You're not.

There's absolutely no reason to feel guilty for what happened. Virginity is a stupid stupid concept that needs to die out. If you don't believe in Islam, then don't feel guilty because of it- just recognize that you made a mistake, learn from it, and move on. I wouldn't recommend marrying a Muslim male just because your family expects it. How do you expect to be happy in that scenario? Not your family, you. You're the one living your life, and they don't have the right to make you miserable because of outdated expectations.

Good luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Not looking for a girl/guy as in for a 'relationship', but just for sex. That's what clubs do best.
    Well then I still stand by my point that not everyone, or even the majority of people go clubbing to get sex. Have you even ever been clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion that is the worse possible way to lose your virginity (apart from rape obviously). I've had the chance the lose my virginity plenty of times (as early as year 10) but I haven't taken the opportunity cos I wasn't ready and it just didn't feel right. I know I could lose it now cos my girlfriend isn't a virgin but it just doesn't feel right just yet. It might sound corny as **** but I feel like the first time should be with someone you care about and it should be done when it 'feels right'. I dunno, that's just me.

What you did is pretty ****gy on its own and is made even more ****gy by the fact it was your first time. No offence like.

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I knew a Muslim posted this before I had even read It?

The master of psychicism.

ReputationRep:
    Now, I think family is super, super important, but if there's anything worth losing them over it's who you marry. The person you will marry will be your life partner - someone you stay with until you die. This person should be the closest person to you in the world. If you have to pretend to be something you're not for him, how can you marry him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
    What you did is pretty ****gy on its own and is made even more ****gy by the fact it was your first time. No offence like.
    If you didn't mean any offence, why would you say that? Not everyone has your views. Why would you seek to make the OP feel bad?

I wish people would look past the tiny sphere of their own existence and see that other people don't have to subscribe to the same views as them, so long as no one else is being affected.

ReputationRep:
    I have to marry a muslim no matter what.
    I don't think you can now.

The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.
    [al-Nur 24:3]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.