The Student Room Group

Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
"Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?"

What a weird question. Well no matter what countries or statistics you use, the answer is it's not inevitable just very likely especially with an open time span. Will it be by Russia? Who knows and really unless there's more obvious signs why worry about it?
I stopped at the point when I read that Germany would side with Russia.

Only a moron would write such a thing.
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
Wrong..The Taliban were funded and trained by the US to defect the Soviets from Afghanistan as you stated. Bin laden was trained by the CIA there are several leaked documents showing that his so called "CODE NAME" was infact Tim Laden.

You mean Tim Osman.

If you are going to repeat myths then you might as well get the details of those myths correct.

There are no documents showing Bin Laden's code name as Tim Osman. There are documents mentioning the name Tim Osman. There is not a single document saying that Tim Osman was Bin Laden.

Having said that, there was no need for the CIA to train Bin Laden. Bin Laden had his own money and connections that he used to buy his own weapons. The CIA funded and trained the Afghan resistance that was mainly composed of Afghans, not foreign fighters.

So you are wrong. It is Tim Osman and there are no documents demonstrating that Tim Osman was Bin Laden.
Original post by DorianGrayism

Why? I know they have history but it's a well known fact Putin and Merkel love each other. They both lick each others arse. Plus their business links as well as a joint emergence in the nuclear energy market. Russia is using german technology to upgrade it's rail network and e.on is buying Russia's oil fields.

Too many people judge today's alliances on what happened in the past. Countries only give favours to countries that are giving them favours at the present time.

Their relations at the moment are strong. I will find you a very good blog on it tomorrow to read when I'm on my PC. Its a good read.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 144
Original post by Swimmer
What America makes Russia takes makes it stronger and builds it cheaper.

China doesnt need any military stuff to attack the US. All they have to do is sell US Treasury Bonds.

Game Over in one move.
The western powers are in decline. And declining empires are always dangerous.
£350 billion pound NATO (Euro bit) vs tinpot dictator. Im underwhelmed.
Military power is in decline. Military power is always subservient to economic power.
Our goverments (the US and UK) are fighting pointless wars already. The War on Terror, the War on Drugs, the War on the Weirdo who lives on your street.

Being afraid of the Russians is pretty 60's man. You are supposed to be afraid of the Muslims. Who by the way are members of another declining religion.

We need some morality in our dealings with other countries.
We need some morality at home.
........:confused:.....you...
Reply 146
Original post by nodenet
China doesnt need any military stuff to attack the US. All they have to do is sell US Treasury Bonds.

Game Over in one move.
Military power is in decline. Military power is always subservient to economic power.
Our goverments (the US and UK) are fighting pointless wars already. The War on Terror, the War on Drugs, the War on the Weirdo who lives on your street.

Being afraid of the Russians is pretty 60's man. You are supposed to be afraid of the Muslims. Who by the way are members of another declining religion.

Then China looses its biggest market.....
Original post by Swimmer

Original post by Swimmer
Can I just put my point across please, I think US doesnt give one crap about killing innocent people for oil, if they could they would invade the whole of middle east for it, they dont because they are scared of other supoerpowers such as China and Russia, as those two countries are strictly against killing innocent people in foreign countries. If China or Russia wasnt there I reckon middle east would have allready been invaded. My opinion.

possibly one of the most retarded things i have ever read
Original post by nodenet

Original post by nodenet

Game Over in one move.

Yeah and lose its massive reserves...
Reply 149
People really believe that the UK is on par with the US in terms of worldwide influence? Or that if a war broke out with every major country involved, it would be the US and the UK, side by side, against everyone else? :facepalm:
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Germany would side with Russia? Most retarded thing i've heard in a week.

http://www.newsweek.com/2009/07/24/the-new-ostpolitik.html

someone clearly hasn't kept up with modern international relations.

there is a blog on Germany and Russia's current relations. They've been allies since 2009. Please keep up with modern international relations.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x

there is a blog on Germany and Russia's current relations. They've been allies since 2009. Please keep up with modern international relations.

yeah you also seem to forger Germany is part of NATO and the EU
Why on earth are we getting involved with the business of African nations? Thats entirely up to them how they do their business.

Whilst i dont doubt ulterior motives exist,

The theory is that those in power have a strong enough military to subjugate any rebellion (as evident in libya - even with nato support) and so the people of that particular country do not have the opportunity to self-determine their own lives or escape from the regime, even if they wanted to, leaving them subject to whatever the leader of that regime wills.

TDLR

Libyans wanted help - Unable to help themselves - Subject to human rights abuse - possible massacre when the rebellion (without intervention) invevitably fails - Help them.

"Thats entirely up to them how they do their business."

Its not up to them - its up to one man to decide - one man who is distrusted even by his own advisors - who is clearly mentally unstable.

All this however hinges on the medias portrayal of libya being accurate, which i assume will be your next point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wrong..The Taliban were funded and trained by the US to defect the Soviets from Afghanistan as you stated. Bin laden was trained by the CIA there are several leaked documents showing that his so called "CODE NAME" was infact Tim Laden.

NO thats wrong because back then the taliban were not even around, they were formed by Pakistan's ISI after the Soviets withdrew. And America funded Mujahideen warriors against the Soviets VIA Pakistan because they could not do it directly. and after the soviets withdrew, Pakistan formed the taliban government. And you cannot argue with the fact that Bin laden was caught on pakistani soil, and that the pakistani government prayed for his death during a meeting, and that the people that tipped off the CIA about his where-abouts were arrested by the ISI. Surely if Pakistan has truly joined the war of terror, it would never arrest those people, but they should be praised as heroes.
Reply 155
Honestly i would love to see Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan put US/UK/India in there places. I cant stand the americans meddling with other countries affairs and trying to be the judge its bloody ridiculous. I guess its only a matter of time.

Also Israel is just getting out of control they kill who they like and nothing is said whats the deal with them they day in day out kill palestinians and nothing is being done.

Are you an idiot? Why would China team up with Pakistan!! against it's most important trading partner? Plus you seem to forget China's own war on terror against the Muslim Uighurs and Russia's war crimes against muslims in Chechnya. As for Iran!! A nation with a tiny military budget and a nation more concerned about crushing it's own population, which are trying to overthrow the government on a daily basis is in no state to attack the world's larget economy and the most powerful military force the world has ever seen, the world's 5th largest economy and the world's second most populated nation.

Also there is no way China is going to attack the USA - China is totally dependent upon the USA to keep it's economy running. OP global economies are too globally linked - especially the USA & China - to have any sort of global war...it is the new form of mututally assured destruction. If China attack the USA; then China's economy will no longer exist - and everything they have built is destroyed - and this muppet thinks they are going to form some sort of alliance with Iran and Pakistan!! Throw everything away for the sake of what - helping out two tin-pot nations? In addition, there is no group of nations on earth capable of taking on the power of the US Military; especially with an angry US population on it's side (which is what you will get with an attack on the USA or Europe).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 156

Your a moron. What happened is history, they are close now.
Reply 157
Original post by loki276
yeah you also seem to forger Germany is part of NATO and the EU

NATO is nothing. They cant even get rid of Gadaffi in like 4-5 months conflict with best jets and technology.

:P
Reply 159
Original post by Swimmer
NATO is nothing. They cant even get rid of Gadaffi in like 4-5 months conflict with best jets and technology.

Are you an idiot? It isn't a question of not having the military capability. If the US wanted they could be in Tripoli within the week - it's a case of removing Gadaffi within the confines of a UN mandate, they aren't fighting an all out war with Libya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending