Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need new Hobby/Change lifestyle watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys need some suggestions because im going out of my mind here.

I need a new hobby/change in lifestyle,And please don't say "find something you enjoy doing." because atm there really isnt anything i enjoy doing anymore.

Ever since i had a mental breakdown ... i dont feel the same anymore,Like empty all the time and frustrated.

My parents say i should go and see a Psychiatrist about my Depression and Anxiety issues but i cant see how it will do anything?

ReputationRep:
    If possible: learn to play the drums. Far better than any therapy session.

If that's not possible there's sports, art/photography, knitting, sewing, pyromania, baking, gaming...

To be honest your parents might be right - seeing some kind of a doctor could be useful. But making lifestyle changes is equally if not more important.

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for replying,Drums don't really interest me :/

knitting? lol not serious are you?...and gaming,I think i spend too much time sitting at the pc doing that, in fact i have considered selling my gaming pc because of it!

About the "Mental breakdown"not been the same since im nervous around certain people... especially girls and often avoid working near or around them when at work...so of course i don't go out at all with anyone i know,all they want to do anyway is pub crawl and that's not my thing.. don't even drink!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.