The Student Room Group

Libya, another Iraq another lie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by teadrinker
Yeah yeah... america america america.

I'm asking you a question. I'll phrase it simply so you will have a better chance of understanding it. I'm not asking for you to stick your tongue anywhere. I just want a straight answer. Here it comes:

When the guns are pointed at Benghazi and Quadaffi says he's going to show no mercy, what should be done about it?

I await your answer.

no what he said was

'every home will be searched there will be no mercy and no pity shown to thsoe who resist or attack the government forces'

well the terrorist rebels of benghazi should stop waging wars then.

remember it was the rebels who waged war and attacked from the east westwards
Reply 381
Yeah yeah... america america america.

I'm asking you a question. I'll phrase it simply so you will have a better chance of understanding it. I'm not asking for you to stick your tongue anywhere. I just want a straight answer. Here it comes:

When the guns are pointed at Benghazi and Quadaffi says he's going to show no mercy, what should be done about it?

I await your answer.

terrorists of benghazi should drop their weapons.
Original post by zohaib93

Ok. In this case, what do you advise Lybians to do when they are dissatisfied by the authoritarian rule of an unelected and geriatric leader, when they have no recourse to political channels, and peaceful protests are met with bullets?

There lies a conundrum.

YOu still havent answered my question.

You sit there, with all the benefits of an EU passport, and all the privileges it gives you, and you treat the suffering of millions of people who live under a system you do not even try to comprehend with absolute disdain. You say that you do not support Quadaffi, yet you implicitly support his right to send his forces into a city against it's will and violate every home - dispensing its own arbitrary "merciless and pitiless" justice.

I really hope that one day life teaches you a lesson. And I hope it's a long drawn out painful one.
Reply 384
Ok. In this case, what do you advise Lybians to do when they are dissatisfied by the authoritarian rule of an unelected and geriatric leader, when they have no recourse to political channels, and peaceful protests are met with bullets?

There lies a conundrum.

emigrate, theres is your solution, if america wants to play god they can have the terrorists of benghazi and take them to washington or something, but hey they probably will be a 'security risk' to americans,s o beware
Reply 385

You sit there, with all the benefits of an EU passport, and all the privileges it gives you, and you treat the suffering of millions of people who live under a system you do not even try to comprehend with absolute disdain. You say that you do not support Quadaffi, yet you implicitly support his right to send his forces into a city against it's will and violate every home - dispensing its own arbitrary "merciless and pitiless" justice.

I really hope that one day life teaches you a lesson. And I hope it's a long drawn out painful one.

if there is a civil war in america would the american government not go into the city causing the civil war and search every house to rid them of wepons, would it not shoot every american carrying a weapon on the basis of self defence? of course it would, thats what gaddafi threatened, he said tehy would search every house and anyone possessing weopns would be shown no mercy, well if you possess weapons you are a rebel not a civilian so there you go.
Reply 386

oh getting a bit personal then are we, but hey i don't mind kiddo :wink: i have thick skin :wink:
emigrate, theres is your solution, if america wants to play god they can have the terrorists of benghazi and take them to washington or something, but hey they probably will be a 'security risk' to americans,s o beware

America America America. You are such a ****ing bore.

I don't know which grubby bit of land spawned your ancestors, but most people have an attachment to their homeland that transcends the will of an illegitimate unelected leader.

What makes Libya Quadaffi's to own?

Why should Quadaffi's 'right' to sit in the Libyan throne take precedence over several million people's right to elect their own leader?

Tell me.
oh getting a bit personal then are we, but hey i don't mind kiddo :wink: i have thick skin :wink:

No, I make no attempts to disguise my derision of you, and your type.

I've met a few before. They have all the benefits of their British/EU passport etc. but they expect others, often their own fellow Arabs to endure the rule of aging and obsolete dictators.
if there is a civil war in america would the american government not go into the city causing the civil war and search every house to rid them of wepons, would it not shoot every american carrying a weapon on the basis of self defence? of course it would, thats what gaddafi threatened, he said tehy would search every house and anyone possessing weopns would be shown no mercy, well if you possess weapons you are a rebel not a civilian so there you go.

The fact is that the chances of Civil War in a consolidated liberal democracy are almost non-existent. SO your hypothetical situation is absurd.

There is war in Libya because it has been misruled by a nastly little dictator. And people's patience is running out.
Reply 390
America America America. You are such a ****ing bore.

I don't know which grubby bit of land spawned your ancestors, but most people have an attachment to their homeland that transcends the will of an illegitimate unelected leader.

What makes Libya Quadaffi's to own?

Why should Quadaffi's 'right' to sit in the Libyan throne take precedence over several million people's right to elect their own leader?

Tell me.

gaddafi does not hold any official position in the libyan government, he resigned in the 70s after only a couple of years in charge after the coup. he is in inofficial capacity and holds no official position in the libyan government, so what do you want him to resign from, gadaffi has no throne to leave. :biggrin:
Reply 391
gaddafi does not hold any official position in the libyan government, he resigned in the 70s after only a couple of years in charge after the coup. he is in inofficial capacity and holds no official position in the libyan government, so what do you want him to resign from, gadaffi has no throne to leave. :biggrin:

Are you stupid enough to believe this
Reply 392
The fact is that the chances of Civil War in a consolidated liberal democracy are almost non-existent. SO your hypothetical situation is absurd.

There is war in Libya because it has been misruled by a nastly little dictator. And people's patience is running out.

its a matter of principle though isn't it, my argument is america would go to every house in the city causing the civil war and would search it, firing at those carrying weapons, EXACTLY what gaddafi said he would do.
Reply 393
Original post by Aj12
Are you stupid enough to believe this

its true, you can research it up if you want
Reply 394
That is quite an assertion.

How do you know WHAT the people support when dissent is crushed and there have been no democratic elections since Quadaffi took power?

Does it look like the old Colonel has much support in the East to you?

I would suggest that you are talking right out of your fat arse.

Why the insult? Not a very helpful contribution to the debate.

Now you are blaming America for playing god before they even played any part in an intervention.

I asked you what the people of Libya should do once they had reached the end of their tether with Quadaffi. You said emigrate. What has this got to do with the US?

As you well know, mass emigration is neither possible, nor just. And it was only when the people took the only option left to them - uprising - that NATO, not the US, intervened.
Original post by CODKING
Why the insult? Not a very helpful contribution to the debate.

I find it very hard to disguise my contempt of the thick.

Sorry, Flippy.

Ha, he doesn't support Quadaffi, oh no! But he quotes his speeches verbatim!

Pr1ck.
its true, you can research it up if you want

Oh Yes, let us not believe the satanic proclamations of "Lord Bush, Lord Blair and Lord Obama" But let us take as gospel the spewings of that font of reason Quadaffi.

*yawn*

*scratches balls*

I think I'm off to watch Liverpool get beaten by City.
Reply 399
Now you are blaming America for playing god before they even played any part in an intervention.

I asked you what the people of Libya should do once they had reached the end of their tether with Quadaffi. You said emigrate. What has this got to do with the US?

As you well know, mass emigration is neither possible, nor just. And it was only when the people took the only option left to them - uprising - that NATO, not the US, intervened.

no NATO TOOK OVER COMMAND, US INITIATED COMMAND, SO IT WAS THE USA WHO INTEREVENED nato just took over afterwards

Quick Reply