Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...

As the title implies, I am french and just graduated from France TOP6 Graduate Business School majoring in finance & accounting, Ive graduated earlier with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration from Texas, US.
    I've done a one year experience in VALEO (TOP1 automotive part manufacturer as a junior financial controller in Paris .. )
    I've also done 2 internships in Shanghai :
    3 month long internship in the National Direction of Valeo China in corporate finance
    and a 6 month long internship in Auditing for EY in Shanghai.

Before I start applying for the French offices of the Big4 in Paris .. I was wondering whether there were by any chance a way for me to get in the Big4 in London with that Resumé ?

If so, by looking at the other threads on this board, I believe I would be around 26K GBP as a "grad" ... is that correct ?

Thanks anyway and do not hesitate to send me a message =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yehminhin)
    Before I start applying for the French offices of the Big4 in Paris .. I was wondering whether there were by any chance a way for me to get in the Big4 in London with that Resumé ?
    Depends on your French equivalent GCSE's and A levels (check the graduate websites) but I don't see why not.

If so, by looking at the other threads on this board, I believe I would be around 26K GBP as a "grad" ... is that correct ?
    Sounds about right.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answer !

GCSE : Master in Management ranked 14th in the Financial Times (Masters in management 2010) which is about City University - CASS ranking (16th) for a UK school for you to compare with .. ( LSE is ranked 6th ) ..
    A Level in Maths & Sciences.

Do you think that would do ?

May I ask how is the recognition of the Auditing jobs in the UK ? I mean .. In France it's quite prestigious to work for a Big4 ... while in the US, in China, Singapore .. it's more likely to be regular accounting jobs that need a Bachelor degree in B.A. ...
    Implying : How are the 26k GBP ? How good is it to live in London with this related to your cost of living and PPP .. ?

Do they do CPA in 3 year program as soon as you get in ?
    Is it any hard to get through the program within the actual 3 years ? Or is it comon to do it over 4 / 5 years ?

Thanks a lot anyway for your answers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yehminhin)
    Thanks for the answer !

GCSE : Master in Management ranked 14th in the Financial Times (Masters in management 2010) which is about City University - CASS ranking (16th) for a UK school for you to compare with .. ( LSE is ranked 6th ) ..
    A Level in Maths & Sciences.

Do you think that would do ?

May I ask how is the recognition of the Auditing jobs in the UK ? I mean .. In France it's quite prestigious to work for a Big4 ... while in the US, in China, Singapore .. it's more likely to be regular accounting jobs that need a Bachelor degree in B.A. ...
    Implying : How are the 26k GBP ? How good is it to live in London with this related to your cost of living and PPP .. ?

Do they do CPA in 3 year program as soon as you get in ?
    Is it any hard to get through the program within the actual 3 years ? Or is it comon to do it over 4 / 5 years ?

Thanks a lot anyway for your answers !
    You'd study for the ACA (UK equivalent of the CPA as far as I can tell?) and you'd be studying as soon as you join as it's a training contract and you would be expected to pass it in around 3 years, haven't heard of anyone taking 4/5 years.
    £26k GBP isn't much to live in London, but it does increase once qualified quite a lot. You don't really need masses of qualifications to get into a big 4 firm and yours is certainly more than enough to stand a great chance.

I guess it's fairly prestigious, certainly for accounting, but it's not the most prestigious or competitive job that you'll get, simply because each of the big 4 take on about 1000 grads every year.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask for more details about the salary / cost of living :

I believe the 26GBP is gross right ?
    How much is it tax free on your bank account on a monthly basis ?
    How much is a , say, 25sq.m appartment somewhere with around 15/30 mns commuting from downtown ? (--> Or do you have some examples of rents ..?)

THanks a lot anyway !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.