Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you guys know what im talking about? i just have this friend who is actually quite close but is just kinda boring. i mean, shes not antisocial or dumb or anything, she's just very...normal. she's not ignorant but she's not particularly knowlegeable either, and her perspectives on life are just quite standard and balanced. not that it's a bad thing, she's a nice enough girl. just slightly boring. like she would never laugh hysterically about something or say something random or weird. one on one conversation with her gets tiresome, in a group is much better.

i know this is a pointless topic but just wondering if any of you have any friends like this??

ReputationRep:
    Yea... me and my group of friends have one or two people that are kind of like this.

For the most part, of isn't really an issue; we're all smart and each one of us has something different to bring to the group, which is why I think we have all been friends for so long.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure that's me lol...

(Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    lol im sure it isn't! and i don't mean it as a bad thing anyway. peoples opinions always differ on levels of boringness i guess...if you could call it that?!

ReputationRep:
    Meh I tend to get along with those type of people. I hate people who are too loud.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am that person :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    You're not alone. :console:

Of course I do have friends like these... We have similar personalities. lol
    But I have all types of friends, from the outrageously crazy ones to the 'boring' ones (by your definition).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JunePlum)
    You're not alone. :console:

Of course I do have friends like these... We have similar personalities. lol
    But I have all types of friends, from the outrageously crazy ones to the 'boring' ones (by your definition).
    To be fair, it does depend on who am I with. Some people I click with better, so I'm more relaxed and a bit crazier and more out spoken. But with some people, who I don't know as well or who I have to put a bit more effort into getting along with, I find I'm the quieter and shyer person.

ReputationRep:
    The so called boring friend is your standard friend for life .They dont need to impress anyone by getting pissed getting high or acting the drunken fool .When life gets tough there the ones that are always there , they dont flake out .Believe me in years to come you will learn to value that sort of friend they are like goldust because as you get older and life gets tougher you need your friends .Im a 25 year old post graduate by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    like she would never laugh hysterically about something or say something random or weird.
    i ****ing hate you

you can not even imagine.

ReputationRep:
    I am regarded as aloof and precocious - am I the boring one?

ReputationRep:
    I trust the 'boring' ones more to be honest because I feel like they don't have anything to hide by being loud and stuff. Like "chuck" said, it is these ones which will stick with you forever, I think thats more important than having loads and loads of OTT acquaintances. Though also acquaintances do have their positives, and its really awesome hanging out with those too. Can be a nice breath of fresh air every now and again. Surely if you all get on what does it matter anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's me.

ReputationRep:
    Introduce them to Nick Griffin as the wisest man on earth to get her some unbalanced perspectives on life

ReputationRep:
    Make her more exciting by introducing her to drugs. Or coerce her into having one night stands. Or get her drunk and infect her with one of your stds. That should bring her down to your level.

ReputationRep:
    I have a horrible feeling I'm that person.I try to be witty and funny but it always turns awkard pretty quickly.So I decide I'll be the listener and caring friend and some people tell me I'm boring.Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I love her to bits so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    Yep, that's me.
    (Original post by Zottula)
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    (Original post by OddThings)
    I have a horrible feeling I'm that person.I try to be witty and funny but it always turns awkard pretty quickly.So I decide I'll be the listener and caring friend and some people tell me I'm boring.Sigh.
    Yep...me.

At least we're not alone And we know that we're the faithful friends.

ReputationRep:
    I think 'boring' people are usually really interesting once you get through to them.

Besides, it's not necessarily easier on the other end of social perception - most people tend to think i'm this crazy/arty/dark/insert adjective wild child, and it's also really tiring and often i feel completely alone and really ****ing weird.

However my best friends, who also are seen as somehow strange, 'insane' (used ironically i'm sure, but still..) or whatever, when I'm with them I feel completely normal, and they do too. We can do boring things together and enjoy not being looked at with raised eyebrows all the time.

ReputationRep:
    One or 2 members of my clique are like this. As mentioned, they do tend to be the more interesting and more honest ones from the clique. Still good guys. I hope they don't feel I'm the boring person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.